Zaldor
- 16 (14.8%)
Error
- 14 (13%)
Other
- 8 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 161

Author Topic: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno  (Read 179548 times)

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lords: Crusader Kings crossed with Anno
« Reply #2310 on: May 22, 2019, 12:12:52 am »

I think the micro part was pretty small if you found a domain with resources that could make you sustainable. In the end I only didn't have gold and copper. It could run for a month and did. You just had to make sure you had good ratios of workers in industries, and storages would overflow.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #2311 on: May 22, 2019, 12:57:54 am »

The big part was that if you had a source of money, you were set. You had cash, your dudes had cash, they bought whatever they wanted, everything was nice, you didn't have to manually fucking make sure to have everything in the domain, and you could focus on expanding or managing other things than constantly making sure your domain doesn't fall apart by pressing buttons or trying to set up ALL the production chains in one domain. The rest of changes, like defenses, organizations, unit death (though having to manually train and send people to do thing is also painful, although I suppose a way to fuck with inactives), etc, etc, etc. are small fries.
I mean, the change that you had to ensue supply of everything to your dudes instead of them just buying that shit from market was the big and worst change, and it makes fuck-all sense to be honest. A lot of places were absolutely specialized and did only few things in medieval times (except simple and basic things, but those didn't need long production chains since they were made by families on the spot), while at the same time buying the rest of the things they needed from traders.

The thing that makes me wonder the most is how he even got the game to the playable form it was in the beginning, if his treatment of the game has shown he likes when his games aren't playable.
Also go ERP Hwakwod, buy more LoL+ to enable Admin's hating people addiction.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 25, 2019, 09:25:54 pm »

Like most others, I had quit quite some time ago and then heard of the coming reset and thought maybe I'd jump back in. But yeah the changelogs just reinforced the lolnope in me. Somehow Admin is rising to new unfathomable heights of stupidity when it comes to managing his game. At this point I'm not gonna bother coming back until the game comes under new management, but as that is highly unlikely guess I'm done with LoL. A shame really, the game was quite entertaining back in late 16, early-mid 17, he's just drove it into the ground since then.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: June 12, 2019, 11:12:55 pm »

Just checking how badly people hate the new updates-the active player count was at around 2100 last I checked, now it's at 1577, that's a huge drop over just a few weeks.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: June 24, 2019, 11:35:28 pm »

Checked in, and it appears the flood is there. Everything's deleted :P
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: June 25, 2019, 03:42:41 pm »

Checked in, and it appears the flood is there. Everything's deleted :P
There's a continent again. Now it seems it's time to either confirm abandonment of the game, or start searching for weirwoods.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: June 26, 2019, 01:40:17 am »

Has the reset happened yet? Was checking it out last week or so and noticed almost every single character I remembered is dead now (killed early June, over the span of 3 or 4 days) and every domain I remembered the name of was gone. Not even in a "has been liquidated" way, simply gone.

Also apparently you can no longer zoom out on the world map? Why?
Wanted to pan over to my old home on Zaldor but I had no idea where it dumped me and since I couldn't zoom out I had no idea how to find out where I was.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

nate9090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: June 26, 2019, 01:57:15 am »

Has the reset happened yet? Was checking it out last week or so and noticed almost every single character I remembered is dead now (killed early June, over the span of 3 or 4 days) and every domain I remembered the name of was gone. Not even in a "has been liquidated" way, simply gone.

Also apparently you can no longer zoom out on the world map? Why?
Wanted to pan over to my old home on Zaldor but I had no idea where it dumped me and since I couldn't zoom out I had no idea how to find out where I was.

https://www.landsoflords.com/map/03118W24737N

Here is Hawkwood's red keep. Zaldor is nearby. To the south.

The reset has happened and 2 new continents are up.

The first day we ended up in a big fight over a relic. 36 enemy lords flagged on us (That means they went hostile, becoming killable for 24 hours for committing an offensive action) and got killed. They got the shield, but we snatched it back tonight. So looks like the new world starts with a bloodbath and war.

Now is a great time to get back into the game. If you need help getting started or figuring things out, don't be afraid to send Hawkwood a letter. ;)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: June 26, 2019, 12:49:36 pm »

Do you now have to do something to make ressources visible?
I'm looking at something that I'm very sure is a large field of copper ore and a small source of silver next to it, but everything is just called "plain".

EDIT:
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/09831E22063N
That is copper, right?
And to the north of that is a large patch of something a bit harder to see, which I think is silver.
(Been a year since I played, but I'm pretty sure about that copper)

The only thing I can see is iron ore, everything else is just called plain.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:55:16 pm by Cyroth »

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: June 26, 2019, 07:46:33 pm »

The only way as of this moment to be sure if it is a deposit is for it to be located inside a domains territory. Since there's the existence of false deposits, unless its an iron deposit you cannot be 100% sure that it is actually one, although from my experience that looks like most likely to be a legit copper deposit.

This applies to all gem deposits, limey plateaus, slate and schist as well.

I decided to give the game the benefit of the doubt despite my aversion to most of the recent changes.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:52:34 pm by Therolyn »

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: June 26, 2019, 08:37:48 pm »

existence of false deposits

What.
So this large patch of silver (or gems? Been to long since I've last played) I have settled on is actually just dirt?
If so then this is one of the dumbest design decisions I've ever seen in any game.

Location and type of ores are one of the things that have the biggest impact on the survival of your city, you can't just show players huge riches in their surroundings and then go "psyke, none of that stuff actually exists" once they've finally expanded there, probably after weeks of building.
Thats just so stupid I can't even get my head around how somebody would come up with that, or why.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:39:33 pm by Cyroth »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: June 26, 2019, 08:54:30 pm »

Thats just so stupid I can't even get my head around how somebody would come up with that, or why.

Sounds perfectly in character for this game then.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: June 26, 2019, 09:45:38 pm »

Unfortunately could be. Some types are more likely to be fake than others, generally you should be most wary about anything that looks like a gold, silver or gem deposit. Other types such a copper and tin aren't as likely to be the case. Plateaus however, I've never seen a false one yet. Silver is the big culprit out of them. Not that gold and silver are really great now anyway...

And yes, I would probably rate it as one of the worse ideas to date, especially since you can't find out almost any other way.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 09:47:28 pm by Therolyn »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: July 01, 2019, 12:33:35 pm »

I'd like to give this another try. Is there a bay12 colony anywhere?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: July 01, 2019, 04:33:21 pm »

There isn't a b12 group anywhere that I know of. But there are a few b12'rs who restarted the game myself included despite my misgivings about admins updates. We're all spread apart though.

I am here:
https://www.landsoflords.com/map/03654E25556N

I know Cyroth is playing too but I'll let him list his location if he wants. Hawkwood(nate9090) of course is still playing. Not sure if anyone else from b12 is there.

Send me a message if ya decide to drop down near me. I don't got much at the moment but I will help if I can.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 04:38:10 pm by Patchy »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 161