Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: The Rogue One Thread  (Read 9533 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: The Rogue One Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 03:32:55 am »

The Dark Troopers were the personal guard of the death star commandant going by what he said in the film, and they were mostly killed by either the cool guy with the gun or they were probbably all planetside when the base was DEATH STARRED.

I'm very bad at names but this was especially hard
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:40:22 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:02 am »

The film seemed a lot like a medium for gratuitous references to episode IV, really. I enjoyed it though. Didn't think the CG Tarkin was bad at all, tbh.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 06:04:33 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 03:54:08 pm »

I just loved K-2SO in the movie.

*SMACK*
"Congratulations, you are being rescued!"
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 07:57:20 pm »

He was the most enjoyable part, outside of the nostalgic fanservice and the ending.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 08:47:50 pm »

There's a line from one of the stormtroopers that I didn't quite catch, but somebody told me he was saying the K2 series was marked as obsolete, as an explanation for why they don't show up.

I actually didn't notice CG Tarkin either, and in general thought the CG was really good, unless they were using more practical effects than I thought.  My biggest complaints are that the argument at the shuttle relay doesn't make sense, and the stupid, pointless aperture door that shouldn't even exist.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

K2 was definitely the best, but I really liked the pilot too.  As near as I can tell, he betrayed the Empire just because it was the right thing to do, and constantly got screwed over for it.  Maybe they'd trust him more if the Empire killed his father. He consistently did more than he needed for a group that didn't trust him and which he had no real ties to, probably even more so than Jyn. Also, their plan probably would have gone a lot smoother if the Rebels hadn't shown up at the end.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:54 pm »

I do believe the stormtrooper was saying the T15 series was obsolete. I think it's a reference to when Luke doesn't get much money when he sells his speeder in A New Hope.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 09:12:00 pm »

It was a stupid idea to blow up the place. At worst, they could have starved them out/used chemical weapons. At best, with the manpower at their hands, it becomes a slaughterhouse, but they still reclaim the area.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »

Well, Tarkin knew Krennic was there IIRC, so he was probably just completing his power play and getting poetic justice at the same time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 09:51:10 pm »

Yeah, most of the rebels were either retreating or dead on the ground by the time they decided to blow it up. To be fair, they probably didn't know how many they were really dealing with on the ground with the misdirection provided by the pilot, but the empire was probably regretting that decision once they saw the rebels trying to leave.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 09:59:30 pm »

Well, they know they can't have smuggled in so many rebels. Guerrilla is strong, power overwhelming force will always win with enough men and time.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2016, 02:59:18 am »

I do believe the stormtrooper was saying the T15 series was obsolete. I think it's a reference to when Luke doesn't get much money when he sells his speeder in A New Hope.
Ah, ok.  I couldn't hear what was actually obsolete, so I just took agreed with the first thing I was told.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2016, 05:00:29 am »

Yeah. Something I've thought about since is that it brought up an interesting thing about space warfare. During the final-ish scenes, one of the rebels rams a star destroyer to take down the planetary shield. Early naval warfare was all about ramming, and I wonder if that'll show up in the future movies.
I WANT TO DO THIS IN AURORA

Anyway, the blind Jedi-ish guy was my fav. Totally awesome with his force and staff stuff. And there was a vibe between him and his buddy, sort of like Han and Chewie but not really like Han and Chewie at all.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2016, 05:21:22 am »

I think this is one of the most hit and miss films I've ever seen.

Like Darth Vader with his sashay like he was a model on a runway or CGI Tarkin.

The plot itself was pretty good. To me, it felt very low level pen and paper Star Wars campaign. A force adept who didn't even have a lightsaber.

And that scene at the end with Darth Vader... Damn.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2016, 09:30:53 am »

I feel Vader was overused. He should have appeared far less, to keep up the menace associated with him. That bit at the end was incredible though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2016, 07:22:50 pm »

Saw it! I'm an unabashed Star Wars fanboy so my opinion is probably heavily biased, but I thought it was the best film of the franchise since the Original Trilogy.

So Tarkin was CG? I sorta thought he was in his first few scenes but I couldn't decide one way or the other and by the end of the film I had stopped worrying about it.
And speaking of CG characters...Princess Leia! Was that Carrie Fisher, a look-alike, or a CG rendering of Carrie Fisher? She looked astonishingly like classic!Leia.

That one line of Vader's was awful. Thankfully his boarding action at the end more than made up for it.

I admit that I applauded once the credits began rolling >_>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7