Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 35268 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »

Go small or go die. Fu Qyu is a Novice!
Splendid. I hope you're ready for everyone else to murder you and steal your candy tools.
Here's your character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll go ahead and repeat myself: post this with everything, keep it spoiler'd.

Best of luck, and may Armok have mercy on thee, poor soul.

It was an honest mistake, but nobody believed you.

You were always the worst at sparring practice, and Ember, the best student, constantly picked on you for it. One day, when the sparring teacher was gone, disaster struck. The temporary teacher, not knowing of your rivalry with Ember, paired you up for a match. This time, however, it was with real blades. Ember had an evil gleam in his eye when he looked at you. When it came time to spar, he struck like a whirlwind. Five times, he knocked your blade out of your hands, humiliating you. On the sixth bout, you were determined to not let him do it again. He struck at you, you blocked. The force of the blow knocked his sword away. Yours kept going, and lodged itself in Ember's head. It was an inexpert swing gone horribly wrong. Nobody believed you when you said it was an accident, and now you're an exile, stranded in the Northern Wilds.

You cry a silent prayer before looking around.

Gee, that backstory was fun to write. Maybe I should let you develop your own characters, though...

Anyways, you can
Forage for supplies
Hunt
Explore (North, East, West, South)
Set up camp for the night (WARNING: Once you do this, you may not act further in the day.)

((My name is Bjorn Ivorsen now? I thought it was Julio...!))

Forage for supplies.

My bad, this probably happened since I just copied his sheet for you (you're both human Tinkerers)

You roll an 82 for foraging.

You search for something useful, hoping you can make a fine weapon. These Northern Wilds are dangerous, and many have gone in to never return. You find one of these people. At least, you find their corpse. It's mangled, but you manage to salvage

One bone
One flint nodule
Three bits of tinder (!!Fire!!)

Turns left in day: 2

Aghh. Where even am I? This don't look anything like I was expectin'.

Hunt while heading in a random direction.

You roll a 20 for hunting.
You stumble in what you presume to be an Southward path, grumbling about a flagon of ale. You try ambushing a rabbit, but you're spotted and the damnable creature flees. At least you're a little bit closer to home. You think. Maybe compasses aren't as useless as you once thought. You're able to find a few edible fruits, but they don't compare with a nice deer haunch.

"Bloody goblins...stupid...always killing...murderers..."
Forage For Supplies.
You roll a 93 for foraging. In the future, please include your character sheet. Not doing so will result in instant damnation to the deepest pits of the Underworld disqualification.

You manage to find a dead elk while foraging. It's a fresh corpse, and whatever killed it didn't leave a mark. Strange.
You acquire

Bone x 2
Elk leather

Friendly reminder to all: Please specify your combat mode in case you get in a fight.

Turn 2 of Day 1 will start in either 2 hours, real time, or when Fu Qyu has acted.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 04:29:47 pm »

Combat Mode: Run
Continue foraging, and sharpen the bone with the flint nodule to create a spear.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 04:40:28 pm »

Fu Qyu, you are in for it now. What have you done? Fu Qyu mutters to himself as he casts his eyes about, fearful, confused, guilty, desparate. Just keep going. Just ... just keep going.

Fu Qyu will Explore South.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

((I doubt I'll have anything this rambunctious lot will find useful, at least for a while.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 04:43:00 pm »

Spoiler: Fu-Ka-Yu (click to show/hide)
((I need to go to sleep now because for me it's night, so just have all my turns has constantly foraging and muttering and resting when nessessary.))
Forage For Supplies/Rest whenever needed.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:20:01 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 04:59:40 pm »

Fu Qyu, you are in for it now. What have you done? Fu Qyu mutters to himself as he casts his eyes about, fearful, confused, guilty, desparate. Just keep going. Just ... just keep going.

Fu Qyu will Explore South.

((I doubt I'll have anything this rambunctious lot will find useful, at least for a while.))

You roll a 56 for exploration.

Yiu manage to scout out the area South of your current location.

Southeast from your location, a dense forest stretches out. It gives you a sickening feeling just staring at it.

Directly South, you saw a hospitable area in a thick forest. The forest is just dense enough to hide you, and not so thick that you'll get lost in it.

Southwest of your location. you find a burning village. A few Gnomish corpses are strewn about. Outside the now crumbled walls of the town, a number of armored Goblins lay dead, arrows embedded in them. A few Goblin warriors roam about, making potential foraging attempts dangerous, to say the least.

Day 1, Turn 2 has started!

Continue foraging, and sharpen the bone with the flint nodule to create a spear.

You lose 1 bone.
You gain 1 bone blade (+3 atk)
Equip it by putting an (e) after it. Your attack will increase accordingly.
You may not yet dual-wield weapons.

You roll a 4 for foraging.

You stumble around for hours, but find nothing of use. You do, however, step on the tail of a nearby sleeping cayman.

Combat log:
The cayman tries to bite you. You parry.
You unsuccessfully try to run.
The cayman tries to bite you. You parry.
You run away, leaving behind the dreadful beast.

You now have 1 turn left in the day.

Spoiler: Fu-Ka-Yu (click to show/hide)
((I need to go to sleep now because for me it's night, so just have all my turns has constantly foraging and muttering and resting when nessessary.))
Forage For Supplies/Rest whenever needed.

Very well, this will be done.

You roll a 47 for foraging.

You find a burned out campfire. In the pit is a bunch of ash. You manage to find a piece of mostly unburnt charcoal in the ash.
You find

Charcoal x 1

New note: You can designate what you will do in advance, although I recommend against it. Do this only if you must, such as when you're going to sleep.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 05:12:06 pm by Rethi-Eli »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 05:05:29 pm »

Combat Mode: Offensive
Double back on my tracks, find the Cayman again, and get the drop on it. Kill it, preferably.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 05:14:53 pm »

Combat Mode: Offensive
Double back on my tracks, find the Cayman again, and get the drop on it. Kill it, preferably.

I've locked in your actions for turn 3.

Turn 3 will begin whenever I damn feel like it (I overuse strikethrough text) when Fu Qyu and Skeliborn have acted, or whenever I damn feel like it in the case that one of them is taking too long.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 05:41:52 pm »

Fu Qyu will Move due south into the dense, protective forest and forage.

Maybe I can sneak in past those goblins and get some kind of armor. no Fu Qyu. That's too big for you. Maybe a knife? No Fu Qyu, you'd better hide. but you need something to survive on. Well, maybe we'll find some berries. That would be nice.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 05:53:16 pm »

Name: Han Yu

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 06:07:23 pm »

Han Yu, you are an Elf.
You were so close to becoming a Demon or a Titan.
https://s23.postimg.org/k79h8k4x7/Whooooa.png

Please choose your class.

Fu Qyu will Move due south into the dense, protective forest and forage.

Maybe I can sneak in past those goblins and get some kind of armor. no Fu Qyu. That's too big for you. Maybe a knife? No Fu Qyu, you'd better hide. but you need something to survive on. Well, maybe we'll find some berries. That would be nice.

You roll a 96 for foraging.

While foraging, you find a sleeping Goblin. You deftly slip his hunting knife out of its sheath. His Your new hunting knife is a but big for you, but you can wield it using both hands.
You get

Hunting knife (+3 atk, 5% crit chance)

You set up a nice camp in the forest, and eat. You can't explore any further Southward without possibly running into Goblins, but you can do most other things without danger. You rest for a while before heading out again.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2016, 06:16:14 pm »

Race: Elf
Class: Strafer

((So close yet so far.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »

Fu Qyu will hunt for his last turn or the day. For night, he will return to his new camp and sleep.
This is good. But, now Fu Qyu is a threat to others. Which means, they will no longer easily overlook me. I must be even more cautious. Yes.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2016, 07:10:26 pm »

Race: Elf
Class: Strafer

((So close yet so far.))
Your sheet:

Times are changing, and the change isn't for the better.

As more and more Elves disregard the traditional reverence Elves display towards nature, the Elven world falls more and more into chaos. Wars erupt, with Loyalist Elves, guardians of the forest, squaring off against the Revolutionaries, who want to advance Elven technology to be on par with that of the humans and dwarves. Many refugees fled land of the Elves, looking for asylum in the outside world. However, your particular town had only one place to flee to, a place where no other Elf would dare enter - the deepest reaches of the Northern Wilds. It is said that sinister creatures of the night roam the Northern Wilds, killing without mercy.

You start to wonder if this place is actually worse than your homeland, but it's too late to turn back. Night falls soon, and you don't want to be traveling then.

Fu Qyu will hunt for his last turn or the day. For night, he will return to his new camp and sleep.
This is good. But, now Fu Qyu is a threat to others. Which means, they will no longer easily overlook me. I must be even more cautious. Yes.

Your actions for turn 3 have been locked in.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2016, 07:24:46 pm »

Han Yu searches for a suitable tree to sleep in for the night. If he finds one, he sets up camp and sleeps.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2016, 07:38:20 pm »

Hunt while heading in a random direction.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23