Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 34948 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2016, 08:04:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Han Yu searches for a suitable tree to sleep in for the night. If he finds one, he sets up camp and sleeps.

Very well. I'll count this as your turn 2 action rather than your turn 3 action, so you have one turn remaining.

You roll a 73 for setting up camp.

You set up a suitable resting area, concealed from potential beasts of the night. You rest.

Suddenly, you wake up. You've been asleep for about two hours, judging by the sun's sinking in the horizon. You don't know why, but you're scared. You know something is here, and it knows that you're here. You think you see one of the shadows in the forest stride away, but you can't tell. A few minutes later, the feeling passes, but you can't get back to sleep. You're well rested, but hungry. You need to forage for food, soon. The night is still young, and you think that you may have time to scrounge something up before the sun's rays leave you completely.

You have 1 turn remaining.

Skeliborn, I regret to inform you that your turn has taken a bit too long. I am going to move on. I will assume that you set up an area to sleep in a decent location, and will not have anything attack you.

Night is coming upon you, and nothing good can come of it...
Turn 3 of Day 1 has started!

Fu Qyu
You roll an 87 for hunting.

You manage to kill a rabbit, and a rat. The rat's bones are too small to make anything useful out of, and it's skin is mangy and would make terrible leather. However, its sinew is in fine shape. The rabbit's bones are also too small to make anything out of, but its skin is in fine condition, as is its sinew.
You get

Rabbit leather
Sinew x 3

While hunting, you see an Elf sleeping in a tree. You commit the location to memory. The Elf has nothing worth stealing, but they may prove useful later...

On your way back to your camp, you find a tough rock, stronger than the weak brecca that makes up the majority of rocks here.
You get

Rock

Julio Bjorn Ivorsen

You backtrack to the cayman, which is asleep once again. You get the jump on it, striking first. Since it makes no moves, you're able to easily strike at an artery.

Combat log:
You attack the cayman with your bone blade. It seems to have a great effect (critical strike)
The cayman is stunned and does not attack.
You attack the cayman with your bone blade, and hit its leg.
The cayman tries to bite you, but you dodge.
You try to attack the cayman, but it dodges.
The cayman bites you in the arm! (-2 hp, designate wounds like so - 38/40 Health)
You attack the cayman, striking its head.
The cayman tries to retreat, but cannot escape.
You attack the cayman, striking its tail.
The cayman tries to retreat, but cannot escape.
You attack the cayman, striking its head. The cayman dies!

You get

Sharp tooth x 2
Scale

Your wounds don't look that serious. You think you can sleep it off.

Fu-Ka-Yu

You roll a 43 for foraging.

You look in the surrounding forests for supplies. You manage to find some scraps of weaponry from the Goblin attack.
You get

Sharp arrowhead x 2

While foraging, you spot a sleeping Goblin. You see that the Goblin's belt has a sheath for a knife, but nothing is there. You briefly consider murdering the Goblin, who no doubt took part in the siege against your town, but reconsider when you hear the tramp of boots nearby. You don't want to alert any other nearby Goblins, and promptly leave. You trek North, and set up a camp. You think you hear something rustling in the forest to the East, but you don't investigate. You fall asleep, and rest for the night.

Hunt while heading in a random direction.

You roll a 100 for hunting!

You head East, but stop abruptly. You see a sleeping deer. It's old, and most likely a straggler from the herd. You quietly sneak up on it. About three feet away from it, you bum-rush pounce upon it, striking it viciously with your weapon. It dies before it wakes.
You get

Deer leather x 2
Sinew x 3

It seems that a hunter once tried to kill this deer, but had no success. There's an arrowhead deep in the deer's right back leg. No wonder the herd left it behind.
You get

Sharp arrowhead x 1

While hunting, you see smoke billowing up directly to the North. You head closer, and see a number of burning houses. Dead Gnomes and Goblins are scattered everywhere. You back away, and return to your camp to sleep for the night. It's well prepared, since you spent most of your time during midday to make it. You sleep well.

Note: Look at the exploits of others, and you may get a general idea of where you are...

Night falls. All of you feel something watching you. It's something evil, something not born of this world...
Day 2, Turn 1 has started!
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2016, 08:26:09 pm »

Combat Stance: Balanced
Using the Tinder and my Blunt Stick, start a fire as quickly as possible. Once that is done, gather binding materials from the surrounding area.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2016, 08:41:32 pm »

Using the Tinder and my Blunt Stick, start a fire as quickly as possible. Once that is done, gather binding materials from the surrounding area.

Your rest has healed your wounds. +2 HP

You start a fire. It doesn't take long, but every second spent making it is time lost. You use the tinder, and the Blunt stick is broken into twigs for fuel.
You lose
Blunt stick
Tinder

You roll an 84 for foraging. You lose ten from your roll for time spent building the fire, bringing the total to 74.
You scrounge up some wood while foraging. You build a spacious lean-to using your tinkering skills, and place a rough-hewn bed and chest inside.

You have created a chest. Up to five items can be stored inside, without you taking them along. Add a section to your inventory called "chest".

You use the place the rest of the wood you found by the fire, and use it to keep the fire going. You have enough wood to keep the fire going for a long time, After you finish building, you resume foraging. While foraging, you pass the remains of a rat and a rabbit, both fresh kills. You also find a strange conglomerate of mud huts, far North of your location. They're all abandoned. You find nothing of value. However, as you leave, you see some of the shadows cast by the building start to twitch. You think that they're moving towards you. You're about to scream, but the movement stops. It was just your mind, it seems. You dismiss it as a trick of the light, but you can't shake the feeling that something sinister is watching you...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2016, 08:44:18 pm »

Immediately return to and seek refuge at the fire. Continue attempting to locate anything that may be used as a binding, but don't stray too far from the fire. Keep my ears peeled; if I hear any footsteps, flee from the campfire and attempt to climb a tree.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2016, 08:48:38 pm »

Search Randomly for Other Players to Trade With.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2016, 08:53:28 pm »

((added my combat mode to my spoiler. sorry bout not having it. Also, this game might progress a little chaotically and quickly for me to keep up with.))
Fu Qyu will explore north. remembering carefully where his camp is.

Also, this is probably my last post for the day. So for the rest of day 2, or until tomorrow afternoon, my actions should be to forage.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2016, 09:43:20 pm »

Search Randomly for Other Players to Trade With.
I'll count this as an explore action.
You roll an 89 for your explore.
You explore the surrounding woods. You find nobody on your side of the woods, which is desolate. However, a denser thicket lies just beyond the village crawling with Goblin warriors...

You decide to sneak through. You're nowhere near civilization, and this is the ultimate adventure you've always looked for.

You slip by through the village, sticking to the shadows. Goblin patrols wander the area, but they aren't very disciplined and often pass you by without even bothering to look anywhere. After a few close encounters, you manage to get to the other side of the woods. You thought you saw some of the shadows you hid in move, but you dismiss this as your adrenaline clouding your mind. You push through the dense forest, looking for civilization. You stumble on who else, but a Goblin. You do your best to keep quiet, but the Goblin hears you and wakes with a shout. You're pretty sure that none of the other Goblins heard, but you still have this one to deal with.

Since you haven't specified a combat stance, I will presume you are balanced. I'll restate the combat mechanics in case anyone missed it, since I'm not that good at making things stick out...

You can be in an offensive, defensive, balanced, or running combat stance. While in the offensive stance, you attack more than you block, dodge, or parry. While in defensive mode, you strike less accurately, but have better parrying, dodging, and blocking chances. Balanced is a balance between the two earlier modes, and running means that you focus on dodging, parrying, blocking, and running away from combat.

The Goblin reaches at his side, but is startled when he grasps at air. The sheath for his weapon is empty - and he's upset. The goblin hurriedly rushes at you, try to bowl you over and escape. You know that if the Goblin does escape, he'll come back with more. You stand your ground and get ready to fight.

combat log:
You strike the goblin in the head with your blunt stick.
The goblin strikes you with his fist!(You lose 2 health. You can replenish it by sleeping or applying healing salves and bandages.)
You strike the goblin in the arm with your blunt stick.
The goblin lunges at you, misses, and stumbles. (critical fail!)
You strike the goblin in the head.
The goblin is still reeling from his fall.
You strike at the goblin but miss.
The goblin stands up, enraged.
You strike the goblin in the chest. Your foe falls dead.

You take the goblin's armor.
You get

Crappy leather armor, + 1 defense, prone to breaking

You continue exploring. You are about to give up on finding anyone when you hear the sound of breathing emanating from a nearby clearing. You enter, and see a sleeping... what? Whatever you see is about the height of a cat, and can't weigh much more. It looks like a small human of Asiatic Qiu'li descent. You suddenly recall hearing about a race of small people, a tale you heard as a boy. Lilliputians, they were called. Yes.

But they were but a myth to you.

Until now, that is.

Skeliborn has met Fu Qyu!

Immediately return to and seek refuge at the fire. Continue attempting to locate anything that may be used as a binding, but don't stray too far from the fire. Keep my ears peeled; if I hear any footsteps, flee from the campfire and attempt to climb a tree.
Your actions have been locked in for turn 2 of day 2.

((added my combat mode to my spoiler. sorry bout not having it. Also, this game might progress a little chaotically and quickly for me to keep up with.))
Fu Qyu will explore north. remembering carefully where his camp is.

Also, this is probably my last post for the day. So for the rest of day 2, or until tomorrow afternoon, my actions should be to forage.

Well, this post was made while I was making this post. Uh... you just met Skeliborn. I'll find a way to fit in your exploration, trust me. Chaotic indeed. I'm trash at this.

You hear something trudging towards you. You open one eye, expecting a Goblin to emerge out of the woods. Instead, you see a burly Dwarf, wielding a club-like stick, enter the clearing. You get ready to spring at him when he draws near, thinking him to be hostile. Instead, the Dwarf stands in place, looking confused. Like the idiot brave soul you are, you jump up and confront the interloper.

"Who are you, and what are you doing staring at me?" you ask, brandishing your knife. The dwarf is taken aback.

There is a tense stand-off before the dwarf lifts his hands after laying down his weapon.

"I am not an enemy. I'm lost here, and I'm looking for someone else in these strange lands, perhaps someone to trade with."

You lower your guard somewhat. This dwarf is in the same predicament as you - he's lost in these lands, a stranger in an alien world of looming trees and angry goblins. And the shadows. Something isn't right here. You clear your thoughts before replying.

"I was about to head North. If you want to trade, lay out whatever you have. Maybe... maybe we can help each other."

New action unlocked for everyone - aid! While aiding another player, you increase their rolls, hunt and fight alongside them, and get the right to some of their phat loot! If you don't know what to do, consider helping a pal!

Anyways, you roll a 68 for exploring.

You head northward. You find two new areas.

To the Northeast is a rocky field, scattered with dead trees.

To the direct North is the forest you woke up in. You were drugged before you were dumped here, so you don't know which direction leads homeward from there.

To the Northwest is a bog. Quicksand patches litter the area, and the bog emits noxious fumes.

You find a flint nodule in the rocky fields. You're pretty sure you could have found more if searching for supplies was your goal, but you think that the information you got was worth the loss.
You get

Flint nodule

You return to your camp.

While automated, Fu-Ka-Yu finds the following on a corpse:

String
Camoflagued cloak (aids in stealth)

When Han Yu acts, turn 1 of Day 2 will draw to a close.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2016, 11:56:55 pm »

Han Yu, I regret to inform you that you have not acted fast enough. You will auto-forage, and turn 1 will end. Please don't hate me.

Han Yu

You search the surrounding area for something useful. You need a weapon, soon. You find a quiver full of arrows while searching. Most of the iron tips are rusty, but one seems mostly intact. You take it.
You get

Arrow (bow ammo, gives + 1 attack and + 5% crit chance when used as a weapon)

Day 2, turn 2 has started!

Fu Qyu
You roll a 2 for foraging.

You search for a useful thing or two, but have no luck. Your Dwarven acquaintance memorizes the location of your camp before leaving to search for other people.

Skeliborn
You roll a 7 for finding other people.
A wide sweep to the Northeast of the Fu Qyu's camp reveals nothing but empty plains, scattered with rocks.

Julio
You search for binding materials, and roll a 72.
you try drilling a hole in a tree to harvest the sap, hoping to make a sticky binding paste. The gnarled trees of the Northern Wilds, however, yield a nauseating substance with a terrible smell and no binding properties. You find something else, something very unsettling. A huge spider  about the size of a horse, lays shredded to pieces not 30 meters from your campsite. You aren't worried about the spiders as much as you are worried about whatever killed it. You extract some venom from the spider. You fashion a crude bowl from a hollow branch and fill it up with venom.
You get

Great Northern Prowler venom x 5

You stay alert while returning to your camp, but nothing confronts you.

Fu-Ka-Yu

You roll a 97 for foraging!
You explore the area around you. As you go South, you notice marsh grasses growing more and more densely, and patches of mud popping up. You spot a few treacherous patches of quicksand, but deftly avoid them. As you continue, you start to hear shouting. You draw nearer to the source, and the shouting intensifies. You see something thrashing about on the ground. You approach, and see that it isn't on the ground, but in it! A young human girl, no older than 12, is caught in a patch of quicksand, trying in vain to find something to grab on. You rush over to her. With one hand, you grab a nearby tree, and with the other, you haul her out. Once on dry land, she begins sobbing, while trying to thank you profusely. You calm her down, and she goes to sleep. You take her back to your camp. Soon, she wakes up. She looks around, eyeing her surroundings, and then looks at you.

"Thank you." she says.

You nod to her, and grunt in reply. You don't feel very talkative right now.

"You saved my life. Anything I can do to repay you, I will do in a heartbeat."

"If you want to repay me," you say, "go back to your home. These woods are no place for a child, as you now know."

"I don't have a home. An army of Goblin raiders swept through, and I ran here. They had destroyed three other towns before, and I'm sure they'll continue."

You can at first think of nothing to say, although you know that it was the same horde that destroyed your town.

"You can sleep here, girl. I'm not your new father, but you're not wandering alone anywhere. I'll find you some new parents when I get out of this accursed place. Until then, you stay with me, and don't go and die."

The girl nods her approval before going back to sleep.

You have a new companion!

Elise character sheet:
[/i]

You may either include this in part of your character sheet under a companions section, or post it spoilers separately next to your sheet. Please post it, though.

Since I feel like a dick for skipping Han Yu once, I will wait a while before skipping anyone. Please post any automations you want your character to do, or any actions you want locked in for the next turn.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2016, 12:08:15 am »

Hmm. Construct a few snares around the campsite using the local flora. Then, attempt to create a few poisoned darts using some venom and a tooth.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:17:18 am by Coolrune206 »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2016, 03:48:53 am »

Spoiler: Fu-Ka-Yu (click to show/hide)
Combat: Run
"So, what's your story?"

Forage For Supplies.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2016, 05:31:28 am »

Fighting Style: balanced

Han Yu goes hunting. He equips the arrow he found.

((Can I equip the arrow as a melee weapon?))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 06:29:20 am »

To Start: (Equip Crappy Leather Armor)
Start a forest Fire. Burn Everything and run away!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:02:00 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 08:21:42 am »

((will post action after school))

Ah, yes, school. Something I myself have. I lack the time to lock in anyone's actions, so feel free to just chat with your fellow adventurers.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2016, 09:59:21 am »

So feel free to just chat with your fellow adventurers.
*Awkward Silence* Sooooo, how you guys doing?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2016, 02:19:57 pm »

oop. missed out on a trade opportunity. And my campsite has been exposed! I will spend this turn setting up a sort of trade stall at my campsite, then relocating y sleeping quarters to someplace nearby, but hidden. For my trade post, I'll scratch some images of my wares (teh fur, sinew,, and stick) onto a strip of bark or a log or something.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23