Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 35359 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2016, 04:03:26 pm »

So feel free to just chat with your fellow adventurers.
*Awkward Silence* Sooooo, how you guys doing?
((I'd talk but I have a forest to burn down and I haven't met you IC.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2016, 05:00:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fighting Style: balanced

Han Yu goes hunting. He equips the arrow he found.

((Can I equip the arrow as a melee weapon?))

Arrows are a useable weapon both in and out of a bow.

You roll a 34 for hunting.
You scour the forest for something to hunt. You manage to find a feral wolf, but you leave since you don't want a fight. You find a rabbit and pounce on it. It stands no chance as you drive the arrow into its skull. The attack ruined the skin, but you're sure you can still utilize the bones.
You get

Bone

Turn 3 of day 2 begins!
You get an uneasy feeling as night approaches... This a place where even the hardiest of warriors dare not venture after dusk...

Combat Stance: Balanced
Hmm. Construct a few snares around the campsite using the local flora. Then, attempt to create a few poisoned darts using some venom and a tooth.
You roll a 48. Your intelligence raises this to a 51, since tinkering and crafting get an intellect bonus.
Where most would fail, you succeed. You rig a tripwire using some durable vines, and coat your flint nodule in venom. Soon, anything that triggers the wire will get their head bashed in with a poisoned rock.
You lose

Flint nodule
Great Northern Prowler venom

you light your campfire and enter a light slumber, ready to spring awake at a moment's notice.

Spoiler: Fu-Ka-Yu (click to show/hide)
Combat: Run
"So, what's your story?"

Forage For Supplies.

You talk a little with the girl. Her name is Elise, and she's eleven years of age, but mature. She's been living in the woods for just under a month. She's deathly afraid of the dark, for some reason. That's the only thing she doesn't explain to you.

Fu-Ka-Yu, please remember to keep track of your inventory. You have 2 sharp arrowheads. Just a friendly reminder  ;)
You roll a 68 for foraging. You get +10 to this because you have a companion, bringing the total to 78.
You manage to collect a few useful items.
You get

Rock
Vine
Blunt stick, +1 attack

Elise looks at you, something sparking in her eye. She takes the vine from you and uses it to fasten the rock onto the stick.
You lose

Rock
Vine
Blunt stick

You get

Crude mace, +2 attack

You nod approvingly, and head back to your camp.

To Start: (Equip Crappy Leather Armor)
Start a forest Fire. Burn Everything and run away!!!!!!!!!!

Exciting! Too bad it fails  as you roll a 1.

As you return to Fu Qyu's camp, you see the sun setting and darkness encroaching on you. It writhes, and conceals into the form of... something. As it creeps forward, you see an eldritch horror, made of shadow and darkness. Panic-stricken, you start spinning your stick on a log, trying to create fire. It's useless. The creature moves forward. Its cry is silent, but you hear it in your mind as a sound terrifying beyond description.

Combat log

You strike at ?, but it melts into the darkness and you miss.
?'s glowing red eyes pierce into you far deeper than any blade could, tearing asunder your sanity. -23 hp
You strike at ?, and you think you hit it. It's hard to tell, though...
? lashes out at you, one shadowy tendril morphing into a scorpion like tail. It hits you  and you feel your extremities go cold.
You are paralyzed!
? claws you with an ant like leg. - 26 hp
You are paralyzed!
? bites you with its spider like fangs. - 19 hp
You try to run, but it corners you...
?, with a hateful screech, lunges at you.

Everything goes dark...

Skeliborn has perished, torn asunder by an Elite Shadow Hunter.
Our first casualty, folks! Feel free to make a new character. Maybe you'll find your old corpse and get your stuffs back!

oop. missed out on a trade opportunity. And my campsite has been exposed! I will spend this turn setting up a sort of trade stall at my campsite, then relocating y sleeping quarters to someplace nearby, but hidden. For my trade post, I'll scratch some images of my wares (teh fur, sinew,, and stick) onto a strip of bark or a log or something.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

You may want to edit that acquaintances and hostiles list, since two thirds of the people there bit the dust, one being the Goblin and the other being Skeliborn (who incidentally was the one who killed the Goblin)

You roll an 82 for relocation, and the trading thing is simple enough that it doesn't require a roll or separate turn.

After creating a crude sketch depicting your wares, you go to find a new campsite. You head East, into the darker section of the forest. You don't like it here, but your whereabouts must be unknown at any cost. You swear that you can see red eyes peering at you, but they vanish before you can really confirm it. You set up a new camp in an area slightly less muddy and rocky than the surrounding stretch of the woods. You also find a elastic vine that would work well as a cord.
You get

Vine

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:03:04 pm by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2016, 05:04:44 pm »

Put a small amount of the venom on my Bone blade, then go hunting around the campsite.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2016, 05:18:42 pm »

Han Yu forages for food and useful materials.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 05:19:41 pm »

night time, right? For the morning then: Fu Qyu will hunt.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2016, 05:51:29 pm »

Name: DeadMon
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2016, 06:43:12 pm »

Han Yu forages for food and useful materials.
You roll a 9 for foraging.

You search for something of use, but find nothing that can help you. You do, however, find a log with some crudely etched images on it. You manage to discern an animal pelt, but the other two images are unclear to you, and they look like sticks.

Day 3, Turn 1 has begun!

Put a small amount of the venom on my Bone blade, then go hunting around the campsite.
You roll a 16 for hunting.
You follow a set of deer tracks into a nearby marsh. As the mud becomes increasingly more liquid, the tracks are harder to follow. You eventually give up and wearily trek back to your shelter. On the way back, you find something you didn't expect to see - two sleeping forms, one a girl and one a gnome. You don't know what to do...
night time, right? For the morning then: Fu Qyu will hunt.

That scary forest is hostile.
You roll an 8 for hunting. Seems everyone is having a spot of bad luck...
You creep silently through the underbrush, wet with the morning's dew. You hear a crackle behind a thicket of thorny bushes, and push your way through. When you emerge, you see a tall, dark-haired man staring at a girl and a gnome, both asleep. It seems that you aren't seen...

Name: DeadMon

Deadmon, you are a human! Please choose your class.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »

Combat Stance: balanced

Han Yu curses his bad luck, and hides nearby the log, hoping the carver will come.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:10:49 pm by vishdafish »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2016, 07:08:47 pm »

Stand up and confidently stride into the campsite, calling a greeting to the two individuals. Have my bone blade at the ready, but concealed.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2016, 07:28:44 pm »

Combat Stance: balanced

Han Yu curses his bad luck, and hides nearby the log, hoping the carver will come.

You lie in wait for the duration of Turn 1. Nobody comes, but you decipher the other symbols on the log, identifying them as a wooden clublike stick and a piece of sinew. You also discern that whoever was once here is now gone, due to marks in the grass indicating the earlier presence of a primitive Shelter.

When Fu-Ka-Yu acts, turn 2 will begin!

Stand up and confidently stride into the campsite, calling a greeting to the two individuals. Have my bone blade at the ready, but concealed.

Your actions have been locked in for turn 2.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2016, 08:51:43 pm »

[[ I don't suppose you've room for more? If so, I'll put forth Gromble. If not, glad to watch instead! ]]
I've lost control of my life.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2016, 08:58:06 pm »

[[ I don't suppose you've room for more? If so, I'll put forth Gromble. If not, glad to watch instead! ]]

Very well, Gromble! You are a Human. Please choose your class. Wink. Nudge. Private Message.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2016, 09:05:59 pm »

[[ Wonderful! I shall be known henceforth as Gromble, the Tank! I hope it won't be frowned upon to add a little bit of an 'about' section for my character. I always feel a bit more attached when I can visualize them. Admittedly, attachment may not be the greatest in such a game, hehe. ]]
I've lost control of my life.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2016, 09:09:35 pm »

I observe the goings on ofthe awkward tableau before me, without announcing my presence.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2016, 09:19:52 pm »

[[ Wonderful! I shall be known henceforth as Gromble, the Tank! I hope it won't be frowned upon to add a little bit of an 'about' section for my character. I always feel a bit more attached when I can visualize them. Admittedly, attachment may not be the greatest in such a game, hehe. ]]
Your stats:

Spoiler dis wif all uv yer stuffs.

Backscratchastory:
You were banished here, to these dark wilds, for crimes that you can't even remember. The petty baron who ruled your town wanted to sell you as an expensive slave, but a rebellion in the capital city of Kanthaa toppled his rule. Without a ruler, a mob of people decided to bring you here, to live forever among creatures of the night. They hated you for what you did, but it wasn't something you could stop...'

I assume you understand how the game works. You may act for Turn 1.

EDIT: feel free to personalize your character, all! Remember, losing is fun, and this time it's personal!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:29:05 pm by Rethi-Eli »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23