Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Population cap and guests  (Read 3334 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Population cap and guests
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 03:33:23 am »

Mayoral visits are somewhat bugged in that meetings are scheduled with the individual that holds the office at the time a meeting is determined, and if the mayor is replaced (through accident, active replacement, or a new election) all visits stall, because the former mayor will no longer meet with the one(s) scheduling a meeting, and it appears there is a queue somewhere that won't move forwards until the first one in the queue has either had the meeting or otherwise had the meeting cancelled (such as by getting killed), even if the rest of the queue is for the current mayor.
A work around is to manually replace the current mayor with the previous one(s) to get rid of the meeting(s) stalling the queue and then restore the latest one (or a progression of the ones in between). Another one is to kill the meeter(s) who are blocking the queue.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 11:58:08 am »

Now I have to figure out who was the old mayor.

{Edit}
I read up on it, I think it might be tied to the liaison not meeting with the mayor.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:20:32 pm by Ironfang »
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 01:17:56 am »

Just want to let you know, decades later, two new guests showed up, a human fishery worker and a goblin farmer. Considering the old guests were all purple professions (bards, peots, scholars, etc) and soldiers, this could mean all old guests had died from old age.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 04:05:35 am »

Guest can be any profession (including slaves). It's petitioners who have to have some level of the appropriate professions (merc, entertainer, scholar).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 04:53:49 am »

I've had elf woodburner petition to join my fort for long-term work as well, though they did have skills in bardly profession.

And that's interesting information, Libash_Thunderhead. How old are these two? If they're young enough, could serve as proof that game still generates new visitors post-worldgen, but slower than goblins breed in wiped-out dark pit.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 07:34:18 pm »

I found this guest thing to be an issue since I was able to make the mayor meet with people.
About 1/3rd - 1/2 of my fort consists of individuals who petitioned to join. I know need a way to get rid of them efficiently and fittingly.

Since the area I am in is surprisingly peaceful, (I'v had 3-5 semi-mega attacks in 8 years. The two Minotaurs were killed by visitors.) I have been unable to throw them at threats like I would prefer.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 02:10:53 am »

You can try this script, but I won't be held liable if it sets your computer on fire, you lose your job, or die when eating it etc.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've made a brief test. It did nothing on its own when applied to a number of random visiting performers (select with 'v' and run script), but when the tavern zone was removed the whole bunch of them ran away from it. Most of them went towards the residents only tavern, but all of those who went for the door had been "treated" with the script.
I have no idea if it will have side effects such as them failing to works as intended in the outside world.
As far as I understand, the flag manipulated is intended to get merchants and the like to leave when they've conducted their business.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 07:28:22 am »

I can also have the citizen bards fight the guests.

Pages: 1 [2]