Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with some translation.  (Read 892 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Help with some translation.
« on: December 21, 2016, 10:50:30 am »

Cadillacs and dinosaurs. Yeah, it's old, it's corny, it's short and it's dead, and with all it's defects I love it.

Since there's not a single place with the subtitles to this great series, I took upon the task of making them, from 0. So far so good. Now, I'm on episode 7, survival. Currently trying to figure out what the heck is said over a radio conversation.

As said, in specific I'm interested into know which are the code names they use in the episode 7, survival, over the radio. I know Jack is lazy dog but Kirgo, well, I can't really tell. It seems it could be body Shot One, or bird shot one, or 371 or anything between. In Spanish is translated to 371 but as much as I try to really listen in English it doesn't seem clear to me.
Here is the link of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8OW4Y5tWA0
The scene where the conversation starts at the minute five.

Oh, and by the way, the series it's on Amazon, if I could get it I would, but sadly I'm behind a ****ing oppressive government that currently doesn't allow online shopping. Over there they have the subtitles but of course you have to pay for the video and even then I don't know if the subtitles are available for download, although I don't mind typing them over manually again.

The scripts are online but only up to episode five here (however I found that out just now, after making the first five episodes by earing only). If somebody by any chance have the remaining scritps, well, that would be awesome.

Do notice that English is not my mother language and I have self-taught the best way I can, but that obviously has it's limits.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:55:38 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with some translation.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 12:53:23 pm »

It sounds like it's 'Body Shop One'.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:24:47 pm »

Thanks a lot pal! It might be that right? So the whole quote would be:
JacK: Bodyshop one this is lazy dog. Do you read?
JacK: Repeat, this is lazy dog.
Hannah: Lazy dog?
Jack: The ancients called  it a handle. It's an old tradition.
Hannah: Why not just Jack Tenrec?
Kirgo: This is bodyshop one, we copy lazy dog.
Jack: Then we just set a new distance record for radio transmission.
Kirgo: Mustafa will be glad to hear that when he get's back.

Is that right? I believed it could be something like Bishop one but it's almost sure isn't.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:00:33 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 01:31:44 pm »

As far as I can tell, yeah!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 02:52:52 pm »

Ghazkull says he hears bodyshot.... darn.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 03:09:21 pm »

That doesn't make sense in context, though... Who's the person on the either end, and what's their job? My guess is mechanic/engineer, right?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 03:13:39 pm »

Yes, well, the guy sleeping in the base is a sailor/tugboat captain and the guy in the cadillac is a mechanic. And old blood mechanic to be precise. During the centuries mankind spend living on shelters a cult developed on the guys in charge of keeping everything running and they are called old blood mechanics. I guess is not that unrelated to WH40k hehehehe.

And bodyshop makes more sense in context? Well I guess it could be workshop one too? The base it's called garage trough the series.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 04:05:48 pm »

Well, a bodyshop is another word for a car mechanic, or auto repair, specifically one that repairs the body of the car, not the engine. So I'd say that it'd make a lot more since in that context.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 04:52:41 pm »

Ahh I see.