Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 84971 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #420 on: November 20, 2017, 07:17:17 pm »

I don't want to make too much committments, because i'm still pretty busy, but yes I'll probably look into whatever it takes to port over Orc Fortress at least to the new vanilla version, and you all are welcome to use all or pieces for your new project (and I can help a bit as needed of course).  I consider it pretty much feature complete, but of course it's always fun to tinker. 

If I find time to do serious modding I would probably take up another race rather than re-learn how to do all the DFHack shenanigans.

I did add some modifications to it to make it work a bit better with MDF, and fixed a few minor errors... I couldn't even tell you what all that was.  As it was some of the early stuff I fixed prior to putting out MMDF.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 26, 2017, 04:02:23 pm »

Do you have an idea of when the next release is coming out?

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 26, 2017, 06:34:10 pm »

for what? LDF or Masterwork, LDF is still being worked on and Masterwork has been canceled to work on LDF instead.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 27, 2017, 07:46:25 am »

I've decided not to work on MDF for the time being until either:
a) Meph appears and returns to work on MDF;
b) Meph appears and releases ownership on MDF; or
c) Sufficient time has passed that MDF, could be fully considered non ownership... at which point I expect there will become multiple versions of MDF and this forum would be removed from the DF boards.

as I've stated in many posts I don't even consider MMDF my property, that meph made it very clear in many places of the code that the original authors retained ownership of their code and that he retains ownership of his part of the code.  Personally I'm not interested in the intellectual properties debate of such things.  Anyways I originally was only trying to provide a fixed version of MDF to give a spring board to future revisions, and I think I did a fairly good job of that.  And if anyone wants to take over the work, I'm not opposed to handing over all the material I have on the project.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 05, 2017, 08:13:49 am »

c) Sufficient time has passed that MDF, could be fully considered non ownership... at which point I expect there will become multiple versions of MDF and this forum would be removed from the DF boards.

as I've stated in many posts I don't even consider MMDF my property, that meph made it very clear in many places of the code that the original authors retained ownership of their code and that he retains ownership of his part of the code.  Personally I'm not interested in the intellectual properties debate of such things.  Anyways I originally was only trying to provide a fixed version of MDF to give a spring board to future revisions, and I think I did a fairly good job of that.  And if anyone wants to take over the work, I'm not opposed to handing over all the material I have on the project.

The first two aren't going to happen. I spoke with Meph over on Reddit and he's washed his hands of the entire forum, saying something to the effect of "Yeah, I guess I really should go over there and explain."

He never explained. Hence he is wishy washy about the subject, and it's a lot easier to simply continue playing his little card game (or whatever) than to face the mob. Go ahead and work on MDF - Meph isn't going to come back.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 08, 2017, 11:13:15 am »

The first two aren't going to happen. I spoke with Meph over on Reddit and he's washed his hands of the entire forum, saying something to the effect of "Yeah, I guess I really should go over there and explain."

He never explained. Hence he is wishy washy about the subject, and it's a lot easier to simply continue playing his little card game (or whatever) than to face the mob. Go ahead and work on MDF - Meph isn't going to come back.

Yeah I figured as much... but that just brings up a greater issue. 

Do I return to repairing the broken stuff and add in some of the more interesting things I've written for LDF, do I go for a full restart on MMDF.... we are already have a working 44.02a-r1 DFHack, just waiting on 44.02a-r1 TWBT.  Will I get to actually make serious changes to the MDF code base beyond fixes and minor additions?  Its just a repetitive issue there.   

I also have people working on content for LDF, do I stop that work or refocus it for MMDF?  I kind of walked away from this project for many issues, including the Meph issue.   People wanted me to spin up exactly what MDF was back in Ye Olde MDF and that just wasn't going to happen. 

Anyways... I'll bring up the issue in my discord, and I'll post a vote here and there, and see what people are interested in... I'm also going to barrage meph with a few messages, there is one thing needed prior to any future work on MMDF.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 08, 2017, 12:53:18 pm »

ADDITIONALLY!   

I need reports of errors in the current MMDF version... I need to know exactly how many things need repair work?  please post immediately.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 08, 2017, 01:18:07 pm »

well, to start off
orcs are unstable (crashes a lot)
kobolds have some pathing issues with ramps (they refuse to go above ground after channeling)
and orcs will get stressed really fast
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

oggrr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 12, 2017, 08:54:27 am »

The problems I've encountered is:

* Succubi not having all workshops (no temples etc)
* Sieges, ambushes, snatching, thievery does not seem to occur at all.
* Underground wildlife barely exists.
* Extremely sparse attacks of semi-megabeasts. Mostly berserking were-kin.
* Hermit crashes instantly when you have selected a race. When i selected to play as an Ogre, the other dwarves instantly killed me, and i lost.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #429 on: December 12, 2017, 12:04:03 pm »

Those are problems with the game itself atm, not anything to do with any mod.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 12, 2017, 12:10:41 pm »

* Hermit crashes instantly when you have selected a race. When i selected to play as an Ogre, the other dwarves instantly killed me, and i lost.

I had some kobolds show up and take some crap, so that isn't an issue. No sieges, ambushes, or snatching.

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 17, 2017, 06:28:02 pm »

I had some kobolds show up and take some crap, so that isn't an issue. No sieges, ambushes, or snatching.

One problem I encountered with Succubi is that everybody loves them, the nations could be at war and the only visitors from the enemy I get are merchants. No soldiers or anything... heck, the wars themselves are super-rare as well. Nobody ever wants to harm the succubi.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 18, 2017, 04:49:31 am »

One problem I encountered with Succubi is that everybody loves them, the nations could be at war and the only visitors from the enemy I get are merchants. No soldiers or anything... heck, the wars themselves are super-rare as well. Nobody ever wants to harm the succubi.

Giving them 300% social skills might have been too much.  ;D

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 21, 2017, 07:37:31 am »

Well guys with the return of Meph, this topic is no longer needed, so I'm going to lock it down.  Its been great if You need to speak to me send me a pm, otherwise I scour the forums generally daily, I'll see you there!   
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]