Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventurer Succession Challenge: "The Quest for the Fin" (Players Wanted)  (Read 1843 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Realm of Slaughter founded what was to be a glorious city to the west of Greatsavages where their King holds court in His mead hall.  Alas, it was not to be - the great city was conquered by Oinomancers (Wizards of Wine), who slaughtered every inhabitant before cursing the site with further abominations.  Before its untimely end, a great temple to The Soaked Fin was built, and somewhere within that temple, a gem studded statue of The Soaked Fin waits to be reclaimed.

This is the adventurer challenge:
  • Travel to Greatsavages and meet with the King. This is where your adventurer will be given his/her quest.
    (Provide proof of this meeting with a screen capture.)
  • Travel to Citybalances and retrieve the statue of The Soaked Fin from its place in the temple.
    (Describe the journey and provide any screen captures you wish to tell the story of your adventures getting to the Statue and getting it back to Greatsavages)
  • Bring the statue back to Greatsavages and present it to the King.
    (Provide proof of this final meeting with a last screen capture.)
  • Save the game and post the new save in this forum.

The Quest is successful so long as the King is alive and the statue is left in the Mead Hall of Greatsavages when the game is saved.
Extra honors for the adventurer that returns with trophies taken from active enemies of The Realms of Slaughter or from great beasts of the wild.

This challenge uses the Masterwork Mod
Latest save: The Quest for the Fin

Questers who accept a turn but then do not post an update on their quest (A paragraph or screenshot plus caption at the minimum) before one week has passed, are considered to have gone missing and the next person in line will begin using the Latest Save.  At any point, a Player may voluntarily Retire their adventurer, which will immediately give them the next available turn.  Of course, the Save with the retired adventurer must be posted so that the turn may pass to the next one in line. (If a retired adventurer is killed before they can take another turn, the Player still does not lose their spot.)

It was all a dream... If the game crashes during a turn, a Player may pick it back up from the last save they've made during the turn.  Everything that was "lost" when the game crashed is considered to be a prophetic dream sent by the Gods.  Game crashes are basically automatic "do overs".

Heroes who have chosen this Quest: (Currently questing Died in the attempt Retired Gone Missing Succeeded gloriously It was all a dream...)
1. Ryukan Questman, a Human Blademan from The Realms of Slaughter  The Dream of The Not-so Epic Quest
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:47:32 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Adventurer Challenge: "The Quest for the Fin" (Players Wanted)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 06:08:21 pm »

Anyone who wishes to play the game may immediately download the save file and make the attempt.  Post your Quester's name, race, Civilization and the story of their attempt and I'll link to that on the first page.  Particularly incredible or well written stories will be used as part of the ongoing world and its save file will replace the original one for any further challenges.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:24:52 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:35:14 pm »

Ryukan wishes to prove his worth

(Can we choose any race?)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:25:56 pm »

Any race of any civilization provided in the adventurer screen.  You'll find that Citybalances is way down on the southern tip of a VERY populous island.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 09:29:51 pm »

Any race of any civilization provided in the adventurer screen.  You'll find that Citybalances is way down on the southern tip of a VERY populous island.

So this is  masterwork map right?

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 09:41:24 pm »

So this is  masterwork map right?

This uses the most recent Masterwork mod.  All the tiles will be messed up unless you use that mod.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 09:44:06 pm »

Okeedokey Downloaded the mod and the save, and will play tonight and tomorrow

Here's to a successful Adventure

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 10:47:19 pm »

Wow, christmas was !FUN!

Now lets get this ball rolling  8)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 04:14:59 pm »

Remember, when you gen your character, post not only his name, but his race and nationality as well.  I'll update the list accordingly.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm changing this to an Adventurer succession challenge instead.  Win or lose, every time you pick up the save, you'll have a week to complete the mission or retire your adventurer (or die in attempt.  There's always that.)  Post your adventurer's story and I'll link to it on the first page.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Succession Challenge: "The Quest for the Fin" (Players Wanted)
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 08:05:00 am »

K, I'm still going, but I'm working on and off on it between my other comitments, if someone else shows interest then I'll hurry it up.

Also, do you want my report in parts, or wait till I'm finished?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 02:26:24 pm »

In parts would be good.  That should keep people checking back for updates until you've finished your turn.  Last I heard, you wanted a try, but then nothing for quite some time, so I figured you'd just had Life happen, (as it does from time to time).  Good to have you still aboard.

If you post the name of your adventurer, their race and civilization, I'll update the first page with that and remove you from the "gone missing" list.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 05:51:34 pm »

The Not-so Epic Quest

Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Name (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 'MERICA (click to show/hide)

So, I first went North of the village to the King's Meadhall. I met up with a Spearman and a Swordsman. They both agreed to join me in recovering the statue.

Spoiler: Friends (click to show/hide)

Then I spoke with the king whose bodyguards I just borrowed.

Spoiler: Wassup King Dude (click to show/hide)

I spoke to him about matters about our fair land.

Spoiler: Elves will be Elves (click to show/hide)

After our chat, I went West to the recently abandoned Fortress of our people to retrieve the statue. The Fortress was really a maze of streets with no buildings save for the north west corner which housed the Pyramid-like temple and a few houses with a mining operation.

I went to the temple to retrieve the statue.

Spoiler: The Statue (click to show/hide)

Oops...

Spoiler: Fuck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hammerspace (click to show/hide)

And it was at this moment when DF decided to tell me off

Spoiler: Really? (click to show/hide)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 06:44:23 pm »

I've added a contingency to the rules regarding game crashes.  Now they're just prophetic dreams and automatic do-overs from the last time a game has been saved.  I must say, it's amazing that you were able to get to the Temple with all those things wandering around that site.  Maybe you got there during their day off or something.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 09:41:01 pm »

I've added a contingency to the rules regarding game crashes.  Now they're just prophetic dreams and automatic do-overs from the last time a game has been saved.  I must say, it's amazing that you were able to get to the Temple with all those things wandering around that site.  Maybe you got there during their day off or something.

I ran into a naga, but it wasn't an actual fight, my spear companion skewered it in the face.

Pages: [1] 2