Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.01 Released  (Read 86675 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.01 Released
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2017, 07:46:32 pm »

I just realized that I can have hilarious Fun sending raid parties off. Sadly there's no "they should've been back by now" message, orif there is it takes way longer for the game to hint at a raid party being wiped than it does for you to suspect they aren't coming back.

Related, my first fort-mode test I sent some 'bolds (testing my mod as well) to try and steal an artifact from a human town. First I sent two of the starting seven, and I never heard word back from them. Then I sent one more and the little bastard not only returned with the artifact, but also was able to magically bring back news of the two who were discovered and killed.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2017, 07:49:34 pm »

I'm actually a little disappointed by the lack of a general assault and/or pillage option. I mean, you read "raid" and you imagine that, not skulking around like kobolds rummaging through people's stuff.

Still, can't complain much. Seems to be working as intended otherwise.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2017, 07:59:21 pm »

Concur. This is really more of a heist option.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2017, 08:34:21 pm »

I wonder how much equipment matters in raid combat.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]