Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 25936 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Ninja Slimes
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2017, 02:51:11 pm »

"Yeah, unlike some people I understand tactics.  Lucky you."

Tanking time.  Using the shortsword and shield, prevent slimes from getting too close to Jase.  Retreat just in front of him; I have slightly better armor, so I want to be the priority target.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2017, 07:33:10 pm »

Smith shifts his grip on his hammer as he runs up to meet the rertreating group and reinforce them.[/b

God damnit man I didn't even get to finish up that mining technique.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2017, 08:29:15 pm »

"Boo, wattamesser." Stevi slurred.

Join battle in the backlines with the goats in tow, or stand around until battle joins me, whichever works. Attack any enemy that comes within reach.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2017, 08:10:22 pm »

Syv expressed a desire to see some of the stuff I left unexplained (mostly because I felt it would matter rather little in decision making, but I should have let you guys make that decision yourself!), so here you go! None of its required reading, but its here if you want to read it.

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Flaming Ninja Slime Corpses
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2017, 10:57:31 pm »

Party vs. Eight Small Slimes, Round One

It's stabbing time for the nearest slime. Use my spear. Then retreat to the edge of the light behind my shield, preferably in the tunnel to make use of the bottleneck if there is one, while still facing them to keep them from getting close.
You lash out at the nearest slime with your spear, but manage to barely graze the side of its gelatinous body. However, much to your surprise this glancing blow causes the small slime to burst into flames followed its form collapsing completely sending flaming slime spreading out in a great pool. The poor creature’s comrades quickly slide away from the burning puddle in obvious fear.

Quote from: Farm Goat 1
Stay near Stevi.
One of the farm goats stays adamantly at Stevi’s side as the goat herder advances towards the ongoing battle.

Quote from: Small Slime 3
Attack Asa Giles
A slime near Asa lashes out with a tendril of slime once more, the fairly solid tendril just barely hitting the former clerk’s elbow causing a stinging pain despite the rather minor hit.

Quote from: Small Slime 5
Attack Asa Giles
Yet another slime lashes out at the heavily injured adventurer, but misses entirely as it pulls back midway in fear of the flame raging nearby.

Tanking time.  Using the shortsword and shield, prevent slimes from getting too close to Jase.  Retreat just in front of him; I have slightly better armor, so I want to be the priority target.
As Jase pulls back into the mouth of the tunnel you quickly place yourself infront of him and slash at one of the slimes fleeing its flaming brethern which results in something you hadn’t quite expected. With a single blow you sever the slime into two parts, narrowly missing its core, and it quickly just collapses into a gelatinous puddle which also catches fire as it comes into contact with the flame nearby.

Asa stumbles backwards, out of combat.
You attempt to pull back away from the slimes and even manage to break out of the combat, but your poor stability and reflexes caused by the wounds you’ve sustained open you to further attacks. Two nearby slimes slam their slimy tendrils into your back, denting the platemail adorning you and sending you stumbling past Syv, and Jase as you cough up yet more blood.

Quote from: Mountain Goat
Charge towards the enemy!
Stevi’s most noble companion finds itself enraged by the presence of the slimes before it, almost as if the two species are mortal enemies, as its eyes turn blood run and it begins charging towards the small creatures.

Smith shifts his grip on his hammer as he runs up to meet the rertreating group and reinforce them.
You charge forward and join the defensive line across the tunnel mouth alongside Syv, Jase, and Stevi’s infuriated mountain goat with your hammer in hand!

Quote from: Slime 8
Lash Syv for daring to slay my brother!
A slime charges towards Syv, ignoring the danger of the nearby fire to lash out in the name of vengenace (probably, quite hard to tell when it has no face). Thankfully Syv manages to pull the shield up in time to turn what would’ve been a painful blow into an only slightly painful blow.

Quote from: Slime 6
Slay the sword wielding killer, ninja slimes charge.
Another slime strikes almost in sync with the last as its tendril slams full force into the armor guarding Syv’s knee causing it cave in, tearing a significant wound underneath as the edge is shoved into raw flesh. Seemingly satisified by its action, the slime jiggles slightly as it retracts its tendril.

Join battle in the backlines with the goats in tow, or stand around until battle joins me, whichever works. Attack any enemy that comes within reach.
You move forward with your loyal goats at your side, hoping to find an opening to strike from, but the bodies are densely enough packed at the front that you find it difficult to hit any nearby slimes.

Wield crossbow. Move partway forward, then shoot a slime.
You move slightly forward before dropping to a knee and taking aim at a slime currently crawling its way across the ceiling before snapping a shot off. Amazingly, your bolt sails forward and strikes the slime just near its core, sending the very object you’ve come searching or bursting out the side. This causes the sludge to pour down from the ceiling to further fuel the flames inside.

Quote from: Farm Goat 2
Stand guard near Stevi!
The second farm goat is not far behind Stevi as its head swivels about, carefully checking the well lit tunnel for any dangers that may come towards its master.

Consult healing book. Apply a poultice to Asa as they presumably run past me, screaming. Then leisurely walk towards the combat zone.
You absent mindedly pull a book from your pouch along with a vial of healing poultice before skipping to your dissertation on the proper methods of healings. Your mutterings are rather faint amidst the sound of battle, but a few lines can be made out by others about how it is not proper medical procedure to simply burn wounds shut sadly. When you approach the near death Asa you swiftly stow the book before the clerk’s jaw open and pouring some healing poultice into their gullet followed by spreading the remainder across the gushing wound. It takes only a short time for all the metal fragments to be removed and for the poultice to form a layer over the wound, restricting bleeding.

Quote from: Slime 4
The ninja slime hive demands REVENGE!
The last slime takes a swing at the wounded Syv, but promptly misses as it finds itself fleeing the scene of yet more fire, a fire brought on by its falling sibling from above.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Small Slime 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 8 (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Flaming Ninja Slime Corpses
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2017, 11:04:16 pm »

Continue the slime killing, but with my longsword one handed this time while keeping my shield up. Target slime 3 or slime 5. Keep an eye on the ceiling too so none drop down on me. Lead the slimes away from the flaming pool. Make sure not to get hit by Chronus' spell or my teammates' attacks.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:49:47 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2017, 11:06:57 pm »

"So what have we learned?"

Head further in. Withering blast some damn slimes once they get away from the fire.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:32:20 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2017, 11:15:32 pm »

"Awww yea, feisty one dat un!" Stevi wasn't disappointed with the mountain goat's legendary ferocity. A beautiful goat that one was.

Don't get caught by the fire. Don't let any goats get caught by the fire. Knock any enemy that comes into range. If that doesn't happen, try to provide the goats with extra fighting spirit by playing an exciting nose-flute tune.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:54:07 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2017, 11:26:24 pm »

"What are you fools doing?  Get back, we kill them here and they burn!  And stop using that fire spear, you idiot!"

Retreat a bit further, hopefully along with the other team members, so that we're not slaying slimes next to fire.  If my team does come with me, stab twice with the shortsword.  Otherwise, swap to twohanding my naginata and attack twice while staying back behind my lemming teammates, assuming using reach to stay behind allies while attacking actually confers some sort of benefit.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2017, 11:29:22 pm »

"I... Highly... Believe... Unicorns... That this... Kittens... Plan was... Juniper berries... Perfect.

Goodnight..."

Asa decides that sleep is the best option.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2017, 11:32:58 pm »

"I should start keepin score!"

Holster crossy, throw axe for great justice.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2017, 12:12:57 am »

"I didn't hear any fucking warning from you about them being flammable! Stop your damn criticism and focus on the fucking fight so you don't get hit again."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2017, 10:51:02 am »

fall back from the raging fire along with syv and jase. Take a swing at any slimes that come near

Fired should be kept in the forge. Not in a damn cave.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:19:24 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2017, 12:25:13 pm »

((Janeway? We don't have anyone with that name.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2017, 01:24:14 pm »

((Jase, janeway same thing right? :P))

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18