Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 25860 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero the Rebecoming
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2016, 02:09:21 pm »

Hurrah! Well, instead of editing in above:

Name: Professor Arianna Kobosh
Past profession: Professor of Folkloric Culture
Trait: Knowledgeable (extra chance of knowing probably useless bits of fluff)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 08:39:12 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »

Waitlist pls.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Yeah, I edited my character. Changed profession name.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 09:40:01 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero the Rebecoming
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 09:23:23 pm »

For two of you it is quite nostalgic to return to Fort Gelden at last, though you find your wealth severely depleted from the traveling costs incurred by Kringle's rather abrupt teleportation to far off lands (far off to peasants such as you). As for the rest, its a new sight entirely and a grand one indeed when you realize much can be obtained with the purses of gold you've brought along to kick off your endeavors towards herodom. Fort Gelden itself seems simple from the outside, a pristine grey stone wall surrounding a much more weathered keep covered in ivy and patched in places with newer stone blocks.

Inside you find all the accommodations one could hope for coming from the social classes that you do, fine straw mattresses kept firmly confined in smooth wooden boxes with pillows stuffed full of wool. Of course, even more importantly is the numerous facilities the fort hosts from several stores for a variety of goods to trainers for both martial and pious preferences. As if that wasn't enough, the fort also hosts what has come to be known throughout the kingdom as the "Notice Board", a miraculous idea wherein a board has job requests for would be adventurers posted. A series of messengers caters to each "Notice Board" keeping it up to date and ensuring swift delivery of rewards.

You six now call this place home and have decided to group together to go out adventuring! Glory, fortune, and power await you just watch out for critical loss of your head.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

GM Notes:
1) Egan_BW - I changed your trait to exceptional potential (25% bonus XP) because of the way XP is handled and me not wanting to deal with decimals at all. If you want you can request the skill be changed to something else, its just honestly easier for me not to mess with decimals :P

2) Returning players (AKA Derm and Beirus) have lost all their money, because you guys had hard times in your journeys abroad after the previous group disbanding (and to balance). New players will be getting seven hundred and fifty gold to spend from the start as further balance.

3) Let the murder attempts begin!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 09:26:47 pm »

Check on that Rat Skull supply operation in the basement. I think I set that up last game.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 09:35:13 pm »

"Hallo. Ich bin Giles. Asa Giles."

Asa looks for a store selling light and medium armor, such as leather, chitin, or steel mail.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 09:38:21 pm »

((Woo, cheers to all players here! :3 Thanks for poking me your character Cael; wishing you all well!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 10:28:17 pm »

"T's strange. How's come there's no goats all 'round 'ere?" SteveStevi wonders aloud. Stevi then tries to fix that problem.

Use gold to try and obtain fine goats. Maybe armor too, but mainly goats.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 11:44:57 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist me! (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 11:55:14 pm »

Go see if the pious trainers know anything about the blessing on my pendant or my longsword. Then go see if any of the melee trainers would be willing to spar.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 12:06:45 am »

Smith heads over to a smithy to see if he could forge some armor for himself.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 12:28:56 am »

Obtain nice, weather-proof cloak. Check price on following items: Bigger knife. Throwing knife. Crossbow.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero the Rebecoming
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 09:25:08 pm »

Check on that Rat Skull supply operation in the basement. I think I set that up last game.
You head to the location of your specially placed rat farm only to find several dozen of the furry creatures now freely roaming the basement with a sign now tacked to the door that reads "Rat Farm, for some reason. Do not feed."

It is a rather impressive amount considering you started with just six, but it has been quite a while since you last came here. It would be quite easy to remove a few of them for your own uses though you believe taking a large majority would end up alerting whoever has taken it upon themselves to watch a room filled with rats.

"Hallo. Ich bin Giles. Asa Giles."

Asa looks for a store selling light and medium armor, such as leather, chitin, or steel mail.
You take it upon yourself to seek out a shop that could supply you with something to help prolong your rather important (to you) life and your answer is swiftly answered as you follow the sound of hammering to a rather simple smithy. A large portion of the smithy is open to the yard with a simple wooden pavilion covering it under which a tanned, well built dwarf stands hammering extremely hot metal into the shape of a sword with ease. It isn't long before the dwarf stops his work and holds up a fairly average looking sword, its edges and tip still blunt, as he speaks to you at last.

"If you're interested in purchasing some goods you can take a look inside, goods are on display with the prices listed underneath. I take commissions as well, but they'll most likely be far more expensive than the stuff you can find inside even if you provide the materials."

With that he ignores you and takes the sword over to a table with dozens of magnifying glasses, tiny hammers, and chisels. Shrugging, you head inside and take a look.

Spoiler: Smithy Inventory (click to show/hide)

"T's strange. How's come there's no goats all 'round 'ere?" SteveStevi wonders aloud. Stevi then tries to fix that problem.

Use gold to try and obtain fine goats. Maybe armor too, but mainly goats.
Almost immediately you set out to find someone who could aid you in the obtaining of high quality goats and thankfully it does not take you long to find just the man to fix your problem. He is an aging, bespectacled shopkeeper dressed in purple silk robes who seems to run the general store here. When you ask him to aid you in purchasing fine goats the man's eyes seem to glitter and you vaguely here him mutter something about fine materials for rites before he hastily agrees to act as the middle man. For the low, low price of one-hundred and fifty gold he is willing to help you obtain simple farm goats, but he has also offered to obtain fine mountain goats for only three hundred. The last he says bleed just right, but you take that as a fine comment to their high quality of breed.

Go see if the pious trainers know anything about the blessing on my pendant or my longsword. Then go see if any of the melee trainers would be willing to spar.
When you arrive at the keep's shrine you find several priests bowed in prayer before a statue of the God of Magic, their light blue robes with gold trim further showing their devotion to this particular god. You stand in silence for a while before one of the priest's finally concludes his prayers, but even then your hopes are dashed when then priest simply holds out his hand and states that it'll cost at least a hundred gold for the pendant. Twice that for the sword.

You leave the shrine somewhat annoyed with your lack of funds, but your spirits are quickly raised when you manage to find one of the martial tutors is more than willing to spar with you for a few sessions. As you spar with the former knight you find yourself quickly learning to correct your aim mid-blow, a feat further influenced by the rather painful strikes your sparring partner lands with the training sword when you miss. Alongside that you've come to understand the use of force in your blows, you feel with a bit more practice you could utilize just about all your strength into a single blow.

Smith heads over to a smithy to see if he could forge some armor for himself.
It is quite easy for you to find the smithy which you see is occupied by a dwarven smith inspecting one of his newly made works and one of your companions browsing its wears inside the store itself. When you announce your desire to use the smithy to forge some armor the dwarf turns to you and gives you a few glances  before turning back to his work.

"I'll allow you to use the apprentice forge out back, but you'll need to bring the materials for forging yourself. If you really need some metals to work with I have a few spare bars I could sell you, but it'll be more pricey than if you simply bought it from my store. Can't go losing profits can I? Just tell me what you're wanting use."

Obtain nice, weather-proof cloak. Check price on following items: Bigger knife. Throwing knife. Crossbow.
While others are off browsing the smithy, or some other personal works you head for the local general store with only a single desire. A good damned cloak, something the store's owner is quite happy to provide for the rock bottom price of ninety gold. It is quite a fine cloak if you must say so, lined with fur on the inside with the bulk of its body being made from a single piece of bear leather while the clasp is a rather simple looking dagger.

(See above spoiler for smithy prices.)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:26:42 pm by adwarf »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »

Asa's purchases are as follows;

Fine Iron Platemail (-400 G, 350 G remaining)
Short Spear (-100 G, 250 G remaining)
Sturdy Iron Kiteshield (-85 G, 165 G remaining)

He then peruses around town for someone magically inclined, and whom might be willing to teach for a fee.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2016, 10:03:44 pm »

Well then! Time for the harvest! Butcher ten or so rats and harvest their skulls. Kill two more and use Raise Corpse on them. Make sure they are as outwardly unharmed as possible. Lifelike is neccessary! Put the rest of my mana into the skulls.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18