Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 25956 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Spot Checks? What are those?
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2017, 12:39:38 am »

((Fair enough. Shoulda been more clearly paranoid in my action and said to wait outside the cavern and throw in more light sources if the rat didn't reveal anything. Can I attack and use my health poultice in the same turn? Also, Witchfire isn't actual fire, right? It won't ignite the slimes?))
You cannot attack and use an item in the same turn, and Witchfire is actual fire (of a sort).

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Spot Checks? What are those?
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2017, 01:19:29 am »

((Thought I had already posted something. My bad.))

Fall back to Chronus for healing. If possible, slash at one of the slimes with my longsword.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: Goats, the true enemies of slimes.
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2017, 11:12:43 am »

Players vs Slimes, Combat Round One!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Stevi & the GoatsTM attack slimes with a goat stampede if there's enough room, with Stevi spanking the slimes with his Reach staff. Stevi and the Mountain Goat focus on Slime 2 at first, and the following goats provide stomping support to eliminate the next slimes in the initiative, hopefully before they counter-attack.
You charge forward with your goats close at your heels and your staff already swinging towards the closest slime. A resounding whack is heard as you smack the slime towards your mountain goat, gel spraying through the air as ...

Quote from: Mountain Goat
Trounce that slime 2 bastard with master.
... the goat raises up its front legs. It was a for a brief moment that a slime knew flight as the goat slams it back down to the ground with its front hooves, the remainder of its gelatinous body splattering everywhere. Amidst the slime carnage your Mountain Goat stands proudly, bits of blue gore covering its fur as it stares spitefully at all else.

Fall back to Chronus for healing. If possible, slash at one of the slimes with my longsword.
While Stevi and his Goats go on a murderous, carnage filled rampage around you a longsword draws a thin line through the air before yet another slime is bisected. Your lone strike is enough as its body falls apart and you see another shiny core roll out onto the ground.

Quote from: Farm Goat 1
Assault Slime 3
A single bleat is heard as a wiry goat bashes the nearest slimes with its hooves as it's companion...

Quote from: Farm Goat 2
FINISH HIM!
... takes advantage of the stunned, damage blob. With a cracking sound the slime explodes into a blue rain, the cave floor cracks slightly, and yet another goat stands proudly in the center of its kill.

Bash the slimes with the hammer. Be a meatshield for syv.
You step forward and swing your hammer at the nearest slime causing a trail of gel to follow weapon, a trench appearing on the side of your target. It wiggles angrily at you, but yet lives.

Quote from: Slime 4
Attack Galen Smith, VENGEANCE!
Driven by instinct the slime lashes out and lands a solid blow on Galen's chest, but the damage is rather minimal in the end.

Shield and shortsword go! Hit slime 1 with two slashes, hopefully killing it before it can act.
You step forward with sword and shield in hand as you begin your glorious assault, sadly someone forgot to tell you that slimes are several feet shorter than you normally as you wave your blade far above your foe. However, if the air was an enemy it'd sure be dead right now!

Give medical aid to anyone who comes for it. Otherwise withering blast slimes.
You set about your newfound duty of medic as Jase draws close to you with horrifically bleeding wounds that cause you to groan slightly. Sighing, you take the lit torch and press it against the man's wounds causing a scream of pain, but halting the bleeding entirely. It's a temporary measure, but once you're back at the Fort they should be able to make his good as new thanks to this.

Two naginata strikes to slimes, using the reach advantage to stay behind my allied meatshields, out of range of retaliation.
Two fierce strikes rain outwards as you use your mighty weapon, the gods cry out in fear, and the very ground trembles as you cut pieces of stone off the floor. The gods of flooring must be in tears for you have slain their loyal follower the cave floor.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Small Slime 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 5 (click to show/hide)

GM Note: The goat is real this turn.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Goats, the true enemies of slimes.
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2017, 11:25:59 am »

Is major above intense? Must be, otherwise I would have used those herbal bandages I have.

"I think I underestimated the goats. Well done, Stevi. Now, let's finish them off!"

Blast Slime #4. Otherwise, apply one poultice to Jase.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:22:34 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2017, 12:15:20 pm »

((Not that I'm complaining, but why didn't slime 1 get to act this turn? It was still alive after syv attacked.))

Go poke slime 4. I don't want to stand in front of chronus's magic.

Grab axe and prepare to throw at any stealthy funny business.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:49:43 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2017, 12:19:50 pm »

"Healing me again. Reminds me of our first mission, Chronus."

Just need one more. Since I'm not bleeding to death anymore, go slash slime 1 or slime 4 with my longsword, two handed. Double slash if the first one doesn't kill it. Stay out of the way of Chronus' magic.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2017, 03:15:53 pm »

Is major above intense? Must be, otherwise I would have used those herbal bandages I have.
It isn't, your action stated to give medical aid, but did not list if you should use items so I assumed you were attempting to not use any.

((Not that I'm complaining, but why didn't slime 1 get to act this turn? It was still alive after syv attacked.))
Slime 1 has gone *poof*. It has disappeared.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »

It isn't, your action stated to give medical aid, but did not list if you should use items so I assumed you were attempting to not use any.

... :v

I thought it was implied.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2017, 04:44:10 pm »

((Hey, assuming that people want to be efficient if possible is a much better route than assuming they want to spend resources willy-nilly.  The former's generally fairly easy to fix without changing anything, while the latter requires retconning.))

More slime slashing.  Two attacks, of course.

Edit: No longer checking this thread, send a PM if it ever updates.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »

Bash that slime again.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2017, 09:55:45 am »

((I just noticed I'm missing one normal goat. I purchased three plus the mountain one.))

Stevi & the GoatsTM destroy any remaining slimes.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: Four goats? There were always four.
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2017, 02:35:52 pm »

Players vs Slimes, Combat Round Two!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Stevi & the GoatsTM destroy any remaining slimes.
Seeing an opening you slam your staff down onto an exposed slime with your full might. Slime monster gore splatters everywhere as your strike is strong enough to pass clear through and slightly crack the somewhat weak stone beneath. You from somewhat as slime gel falls on your pristine nose flute, the monsters…

Quote from: Mountain Goat
Strike down Slime 1!
Meanwhile, your goat companion misses horribly as it attempts to stomp on a slime whose agility seems far too great for its own kind. It of course is the slime’s fault, how could you goats every fail you?

Just need one more. Since I'm not bleeding to death anymore, go slash slime 1 or slime 4 with my longsword, two handed. Double slash if the first one doesn't kill it. Stay out of the way of Chronus' magic.
Leaping forward with your longsword in a two-handed grip, you let out a sharp downward strike that easily cuts yet another slime in half. You swipe your blade to the side to force the gel off as your foe collapses into a small puddle.

As the battle ends the lot of you look around the still rather dim chamber briefly, a more thorough search may be required if you suspect hidden items, but for now you're rather distracted by two things. Firstly, a pale blue light encompasses Jase and you all notice him frozen in place as the light obscures his figure, but most importantly... When did a fourth goat get here? That's really strange.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Small Slime 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 5 (click to show/hide)

Alright, so! In an effort to speed up updates I would like to enact a thing, namely I would like it if players would start managing their own character sheets. I'll start posting relevant changes after your actions, or at the end of turns which you'd use to change your sheets. Honestly, at the moment most of my time updating (aside from the laziness aspect) comes from having to triple check sheets for correctness. I'm sure we can all tell how well I manage even that >_>

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2017, 02:49:22 pm »

"Ayy, grats Jase. Get on my fuckin' level bro."

Chronus glances at Stevi.

"Did your goat just spontaneously duplicate? What's with that?"

Regardless of the answer, Chronus shrugs.

"Anyway, grab the cores. We've still got cave left.

Slime harvest! Search the room!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Four goats? There were always four.
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2017, 05:23:50 pm »

Look for the axe I threw earlier.

Spoiler: Elizabeth (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2017, 12:45:32 pm »

((My third farm goat still isn't in the spoiler.))

"Nah, de goat's jus' slow. And whatsit wif de glowin'?" Stevi inquired, rubbing his chin while staring at Jase. It didn't take long for him to lose interest and start searching the area for any loot.

Stevi & the GoatsTM search the place for loot. Stevi also helps pick up the cores.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18