Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 25950 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Four goats? There were always four.
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2017, 11:17:55 pm »

Look for some ore to rock smash™

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Goats, the true enemies of slimes.
« Reply #212 on: March 23, 2017, 08:31:45 pm »

Do I get an action this turn? If so, and the others haven't found anything with their searching and the cave is small enough for Detect Magic to encompass at least most of it, cast Detect Magic and go check out whatever I detect, CAREFULLY. If the room is too big, just search manually, carefully.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: Slime the Cowardly Slime
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2017, 11:44:50 pm »

"Ayy, grats Jase. Get on my fuckin' level bro."

Chronus glances at Stevi.

"Did your goat just spontaneously duplicate? What's with that?"

Regardless of the answer, Chronus shrugs.

"Anyway, grab the cores. We've still got cave left.

Slime harvest! Search the room!
You quickly set about rummaging through the pools of dead slime carnage like the horrible mass murderer you are. A short search later reveals three more cores in perfect condition with the fourth one slightly chipped on one end, a minor flaw but a flaw nonetheless. You cram your finds into the slime core bag and go about searching the room itself which reveals a fairly spacious chamber with a pool in one corner. A glance reveals the water to be fairly murky brown with some bits of yellow spread about, quite unappealing really.

Look for the axe I threw earlier.
You find your axe with ease before looking about uncertainly, perhaps its best to let others do the work. You can be lazy this way...

"Nah, de goat's jus' slow. And whatsit wif de glowin'?" Stevi inquired, rubbing his chin while staring at Jase. It didn't take long for him to lose interest and start searching the area for any loot.

Stevi & the GoatsTM search the place for loot. Stevi also helps pick up the cores.
With your goat posse in tow you loot a couple of cores before sticking them in the communal loot sack and then head off to explore the cave a bit in search of loot. Of course it appears to be mostly bare, but there is this odd murky pool of water. Perhaps there may be goat related loot within the depths!

Look for some ore to rock smash™
Bodyguard Smith.

With Syv in tow you head back to the last chamber, a bit of groping in the dark is all that it takes you to find your way back into the dimly lit first chamber. Using what little sunlight seeps through from outside you take to hammering the exposed copper ore with your valiant skills, each blow causing the stone to shatter completely. By the time you're done you have managed to gather a small pile of raw ores.

Do I get an action this turn? If so, and the others haven't found anything with their searching and the cave is small enough for Detect Magic to encompass at least most of it, cast Detect Magic and go check out whatever I detect, CAREFULLY. If the room is too big, just search manually, carefully.

As the light fades you find your wounds have fully healed and you find a declaration clear in your mind, its a mission granted by the God of Magic himself granted to those of worth he says. All that is certain is your growth has stagnated and you can only continue getting stronger by finishing your God's request: Reclaim the Ring of Candamere from a ruined keep in the mountains to the south. Shrugging the matter off for later you return to whats at hand as you channel the Favor inside of you outwards, sending it out in waves and seeing if anything returns.

Much to your surprise, something does and its coming from the far corner of the cavern. When you rush over hoping for treasure what you find is instead a slime quivering in abject terror at the presence of you and your party. As you approach the shivering intensifies, but it makes no moves to attack you strangely. Quite odd.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elizabeth (click to show/hide)

GM Note: After discussion with Syv I've decided to retract the need for you guys to handle your own sheets, I'll deal with it myself. It was a hasty decision to ask you guys to handle it, sorry about that.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2017, 11:54:05 pm »

"Dibs. I always wanted a pet."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2017, 12:09:10 am »

"It appears to be sentient enough to not be stupid. Intriguing, I approve. If anyone wants to muck about in fetid cave water, be my guest."

Does this path continue or must we double back? Continue if I can, double back to the intersection if no. Wait for the line to form again in either case.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Slime the Cowardly Slime
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2017, 12:12:27 am »

Wait for everyone else to make up their minds about where to go.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2017, 12:18:41 am »

"Easy there, little fella. I ain't gonna hurt you if you don't attack me. Come here."

Try to beckon the slime over to me. Try to appear nonthreatening. If it would help, wield my shield but sheathe the longsword. If the slime attacks, block it with my shield.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:30:26 pm by Beirus »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2017, 04:38:23 pm »

Syv leans back on the opposite wall from Smith, naginata next to him.  "Nice haul you've got there.  Know what the going price is for copper ore?  I've never been a resource man, so I don't have any reference for the value of that pile."

Idly page through my book while waiting for Smith to finish, and follow him if he goes somewhere.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2017, 06:31:31 pm »

"Wassat doin' here?" Stevi asked while pointing at the murky pool. He was drawn by its suspicious existence, tempted to carefully test its properties in the only true proper scientific way: throwing rocks at it.

Use bits of rock to test the pool's depth and composition. If repeatedly throwing rocks into the pool reveals nothing, try poking it a bit with the staff.

If nothing happens still, play the nose-flute in order to commune with the goats and ask for their wise advice in mundane matters. Follow the group as necessary.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2017, 11:24:34 pm »

Smith stratches his head, Well, I won't know until I get it back to the fort, it all depends on the quality really.

Mine some more.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2017, 11:29:54 pm »

"Perhaps the pool is simply the oldest and frailest of the slimes, unable to move or hold a solid shape."
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: Jase, so scary even monsters die from fear
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2017, 11:46:58 pm »

"It appears to be sentient enough to not be stupid. Intriguing, I approve. If anyone wants to muck about in fetid cave water, be my guest."

Does this path continue or must we double back? Continue if I can, double back to the intersection if no. Wait for the line to form again in either case.
A cursory look reveals this to be a dead end, so you return to the previous chamber and wait for the others with your torch in hand. Your rat light will have to do for them decide.

"Easy there, little fella. I ain't gonna hurt you if you don't attack me. Come here."

Try to beckon the slime over to me. Try to appear nonthreatening. If it would help, wield my shield but sheathe the longsword. If the slime attacks, block it with my shield.
You quickly put your weapons away and wave for the scared slime to come towards you, your shield bashing the ground in the process causing a slight banging noise. Much to your surprise as soon as that ends the slime quivers once and then simple collapses into a puddle, its core rolling towards you slightly. Curious, you pick it up and find the core has a greater amount of mana in it than the rest while its surface is actually a yellowish color.

Perhaps it may have some use?

Syv leans back on the opposite wall from Smith, naginata next to him.  "Nice haul you've got there.  Know what the going price is for copper ore?  I've never been a resource man, so I don't have any reference for the value of that pile."

Idly page through my book while waiting for Smith to finish, and follow him if he goes somewhere.

As you wait you take part in some light reading,

"According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little body off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

because bees don't care
what humans think is impossible.

Yellow, black. Yellow, black.
Yellow, black. Yellow, black.

Ooh, black and yellow!
Let's shake it up a little.

Barry! Breakfast is ready!

Ooming!

.........."

"Wassat doin' here?" Stevi asked while pointing at the murky pool. He was drawn by its suspicious existence, tempted to carefully test its properties in the only true proper scientific way: throwing rocks at it.

Use bits of rock to test the pool's depth and composition. If repeatedly throwing rocks into the pool reveals nothing, try poking it a bit with the staff.

If nothing happens still, play the nose-flute in order to commune with the goats and ask for their wise advice in mundane matters. Follow the group as necessary.

Certain that this pool must contain something of worth you begin to chuck various bits of rock from around the cave in, muddy water splashing everywhere in the process and revealing it to be fairly deep. Potentially as a deep as one whole goat! In order to make sure your thoughts are correct you poke the pool with your staff and find it is indeed that deep though now your staff is partially covered in a layer of muck.

Such a situation causes your brows to furrow as you begin to play your nose flute in order to confer with your goat followers, an act that leads to all four of them charging into the pool to splash around. In moments you and your goats are covered in mud and the pool is partially emptied revealing large chunks of rocks. Sadly, nothing of value seems to have appeared...

Smith stratches his head, Well, I won't know until I get it back to the fort, it all depends on the quality really.

Mine some more.
You attempt to continue mining only for your hammer blows to only crack off the thinnest slivers of ore along with rather jagged chunks of rock that spray about in a dangerous manner. Such sharp fragments cause you to stop before you begin causing yourself actual harm, apparently without the aid of the fighting spirit behind Rock Smash it is quite hard to mine with a hammer...

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elizabeth (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 29, 2017, 12:02:10 am »

Pocket the core, wait for everyone to get back in a group. Maybe ask my god if he'd be willing and able to tell me anything about the odd slime core. Shield and longsword if we end up in combat.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:39:31 pm by Beirus »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2017, 12:02:30 am »

Chronus taps his foot.

"... I wonder if there's any interesting lichen here."

Examine cave for potentially useful plantlife. Because nothing of value will get done today. Or, if everyone decides to actually follow me, arrange the group in the previous manner and go down the main path.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18