Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 25607 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Slime the Cowardly Slime
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2017, 12:19:42 am »

Boring. Go outside to check on that guy who got wounded.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2017, 11:02:54 pm »

"Ah, ya ninnies." Stevi's tone was gentle, because a good herder rarely gets mad at their flock. That and he was used to mud and getting covered in it.

Check the rocks in the pool for something useful. Follow the group as necessary.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2017, 04:48:51 pm »

"So, I got good new and bad news. The bad news is that the slime got scared to death and I'll have to find another pet. The good news is that it seems the magic my god provided me can pick up on the traces of mana in the slime cores, so I should be able to find them before they ambush us again. So here's a new plan that won't involve me dying if the next pack of them gets a few lucky shots. When we reach the next cavern, Chronus can get his light to sweep the place, maybe add an extra light to be safe if he has the mana for it. If that doesn't reveal anything, I'll use some of the favor I have from my god to detect the slimes, and give their locations to the rest of you. Then we go in as a group. No need to bait them and let them ambush us, and by us I mean me, when we can ambush then instead."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2017, 12:29:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2017, 08:49:27 am »

Chronus taps his foot.

"... I wonder if there's any interesting lichen here."

Examine cave for potentially useful plantlife. Because nothing of value will get done today. Or, if everyone decides to actually follow me, arrange the group in the previous manner and go down the main path.

You contemplate searching for some kind of plants within the cave, but quickly realize that the only thing you've seen in this cave aside from slimes was stone and sparse smatterings of dirt. Its quite odd really, the outside was quite similar as well with very little dirt covering a mostly stone hillock.

Pocket the core, wait for everyone to get back in a group. Maybe ask my god if he'd be willing and able to tell me anything about the odd slime core. Shield and longsword if we end up in combat.
You slide the core into your bottomless bag before sidling over to Chronus where you begin to mutter questions into the air directed towards your god, mutters which are met with utter silence. Honestly, you feel it would be quite odd for a God to be on call at all times, probably has better things to do.

Boring. Go outside to check on that guy who got wounded.
Annoyed at the boring atmosphere in the cave you decide to go check on the guy who was almost dead, he might be doing something interesting like weeping in pain. Anything is better than watching people poke at rocks really. When you arrive outside you find your companion quite easily, his body slumped against the side of a rock and is burnt, broken body making a rather hideous sight. Strangely enough he seems to be entirely still, a fact that intrigues you enough to walk over and poke him causing the body to collapse forward as a trickle of blood begins to flow from it's neck.

Investigation reveals a fairly large hole straight through his neck, relatively flesh with blood still leaking from it and rather distinct bite marks around the edges.... This isn't quite what you were expecting.

"Ah, ya ninnies." Stevi's tone was gentle, because a good herder rarely gets mad at their flock. That and he was used to mud and getting covered in it.

Check the rocks in the pool for something useful. Follow the group as necessary.
Your eyes quite literally sparkle though that may just be the stones reflecting light into your eyes, but either way they look really special. Silver, smooth, and perfectly rounded must clearly mean valuable! You hastily cram them into your bag before walking over to join the others, your goats nearby and clearly happier than before.

Flip to a random page about 75% through the book, continue reading.  Occasionally peek up to make sure nothing is sneaking up on Smith or I.

"Mr. Flayman.

Yes? Yes, Your Honor!

Where is the rest of your team?

Well, Your Honor, it's interesting.

Bees are trained to fly haphazardly,

and as a result,
we don't make very good time.

I actually heard a funny story about...

Your Honor,
haven't these ridiculous bugs

taken up enough
of this court's valuable time?

How much longer will we allow
these absurd shenanigans to go on?

............................."

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elizabeth (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Goats are Great with a capital "G"
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2017, 10:00:05 am »

Stevi & the GoatsTM keep following the group. Stevi activates the goats' high-alert mode.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2017, 03:11:12 pm »

"Ah, well, that's not good."
Take a very quick scan of the horizon and then duck back into the cave, back with the party.

"You know that guy who we left outside? Something bit his neck out and then set him on fire."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2017, 03:31:41 pm »

Chronus stared at Elizabeth in bewilderment.

"Wasn't he already- wait, he's dead? What?" He said, bewilderment transitioning into shock. "What the hell? Oh fuck me, that's not a good sign."  Chronus taps his foot. "Okay, did you see anything out there? I didn't see anything come in here."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:37:03 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2017, 05:47:01 pm »

"We lost one already? Fuck. We have enough cores to get paid, might as well see if the newbies want to continue on or turn tail and run at the first death."

Go round up the newbies, or at least let them know about the death.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »

"Tch. I still have some health restoration items left. I was looking forward to getting more cores than this."

Chronus glances at the entrance to the cave system.

"I'd vote for at least poking into this main passage."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2017, 06:54:44 pm »

"Consider it a test of their courage, then."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2017, 01:13:14 am »

"Can we get goin?" Stevi asked, still surrounded by his band of goats.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2017, 06:45:40 pm »

((Everyone who hasn't posted an action shall have their belongings and PC status revoked and confiscated by the Great Goat Government. All hail goats.))
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2017, 06:47:45 pm »

((Everyone who hasn't posted an action shall have their belongings and PC status revoked and confiscated by the Great Goat Government. All hail goats.))

((I second this motion))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18