Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Labyrinth from Hell (4/8 players): Game 1: Turn 0: The 'Volunteers'.  (Read 1738 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

A light flashes on.

You are all tied to metal chairs with metal clamps around your hands and feet, stopping you from moving. You all look around, and a big screen appears infront of each of you with your infomation on it. You're all very confused right now, but you take the time to get a quick glance at each others screens, although none of you have time to read the bottom 2 lines before the screens go back up, and a new screen just showing static appears above a big metal door on the opposite side of the room from you.

Character Sheet/Info Screen:
Name:
Backstory:
Appearance:
Skill:
Sin/Anti-Skill:
Sanity Meter:(Start with a number in between -10 and 100)
Kill Counter: 0

This is... pretty much exactly what the name sais. The players have to navigate the Labyrinth to try and survive for as long as possible, after 10 turns all traps and monsters will start working, and after 15 turns the entrance will appear. Here's a little list of the events that will happen and when they will happen during this game. This game will finish when everyone escapes/dies, and if noone escapes then it will finish when only one person is left. That person get's an... upgrade.

Turn 1-Game Starts.
Turn10-All Tier 1 traps, monsters and chests are now active.
Turn 15-Entrance is opened.
Turn 20-Entrance is closed and all Tier 2 traps, monsters and chests are now active.
Turn 25-Entrance is permanently opened.
Turn 30-All Tier 3 traps, monsters and chests are now active.
Turn 40-The Bone Breaker is released.
Turn 50-If anyone has somehow survived this long then all remaining survivors are teleported to a long corridor with the entrance infront of them and The Saw behind them. One Tier 4 chest is next to them.

Also, something to note: Each game will be slightly different, with with slightly different events happening, and if you want you can use characters from previous games, I'll tell you how that works when someone decides to do it.

Tier 1 Traps:
-Acid rooms.
-Flamethrower traps.
-Spike traps.
-Arrow traps.
-Spike Pit traps.
-!PARTY! traps.

Tier 2 Traps:
-Large Acid rooms.
-Double Flamethrower traps.
-Frying Pan Rooms.
-Hidden Spike traps.
-Poisoned Arrow traps.
-Hidden Spike Pit traps.
-Big !PARTY! traps

Tier 3 Traps:
-Large Acid Frying Pan rooms.
-Hidden Double Flamethrower traps.
-Large Hidden Spike traps.
-Hidden Burning Poisoned Arrow traps
-Hidden Spike Pit trap rooms.
-Hidden Big !PARTY! traps.

Tier 1 Monsters:
-Limb Burglars.
-Head Choppers.
-Human Burners.
-!PARTY! Friends.

Tier 2 Monsters:
-Head Burglars.
-Body Choppers.
-Human Friers.
-The Crazies.
-!PARTY! Friend Groups.

Tier 3 Monsters:
-Body Burglars.
-Body Slicers.
-Human Ash Machines.
-The Upgraded Crazies.
-The !PARTY! Animals.

Tier 4 Monsters:
-The Bone Breaker
-The Saw

Tier 1 Chests:
-Can hold Knives.
-Can hold One Shot Pistols.
-Can hold Bandages.
-Can hold Suicide Bombs.
-Can hold Hard Leather Jackets.
-Can hold Basic Crafting Material.

Tier 2 Chests:
-Can hold Machetes.
-Can hold Pistols.
-Can hold Rifles.
-Can hold Basic Medical Kits.
-Can hold Big Suicide Bombs.
-Can hold basic grenades.
-Can hold Kevlar Helmets.
-Can hold Kevlar shoes.
-Can hold Crafting Material.

Tier 3 Chests:
-Can hold Sword Pistols.
-Can hold Sniper Rifles.
-Can hold Assault Rifles.
-Can hold Shotguns.
-Can hold Advanced Medical Kits.
-Can hold Massive Suicide Bombs.
-Can hold Grenades.
-Can hold Flashbangs.
-Can hold Full Kevlar Armour.
-Can hold Upgraded Crafting Material.

Tier 4 Chests:
-Can hold Power Armour.
-Can hold Energy Pistols.
-Can hold Energy Rifles.
-Can hold Anti-!PARTY! Pistols.

Turn History:

Champions of The Labyrinth:

Volunteers of The Labyrinth:
Spoiler: Aigre001 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aaron Blaze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aegeh 'Arsenal' Selsh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nathalia (click to show/hide)

The Dead of The Labyrinth:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:18:35 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Aigre001
Backstory: Aigre
Appearance: For today, Aigre will take humanoid form
Skill: Picks locks with sharp objects
Sin/Anti-Skill: Just wants to snuggle... while holding sharp objects
Sanity Meter: 0
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Aigre001
Backstory: Aigre
Appearance: For today, Aigre will take humanoid form
Skill: Picks locks with sharp objects
Sin/Anti-Skill: Just wants to snuggle... while holding sharp objects
Sanity Meter: 0
You're in!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Name: Aaron Blaze, Chroniqler
Backstory: Immortal wanderer of the multiverse, who goes around fixing timelines. Hates his job and wants to just relax in his home realm.
Appearance: His spirit is shaped like a skinny 5-foot-8 human with a staff and a red blindfold; any and all other forms are based off of that.
Default form: Barely tanned skin, wears a white t-shirt and khaki pants. Made of sand, metal, and fire. Wears a red blindfold.
Sand form: Swathed in off-white silk bandages covering everything other than his mouth. Made of sand. Wears a red blindfold.
Metal form: White liquid metal with black wire-like patterns over the surface. Only discernible facial feature is a raised area when the nose would be. Made of metal. Wears a red blindfold.
Fire form: Human torch. Pretty simple. Made of fire. Wears a red blindfold (yeah, even when he's made of fire).
Dissociated: There isn't much to look at, though he'll probably be showing up again on the other side of whatever is dangerous, or just in a few seconds behind you. It depends on context. Made of nothing but his spirit.
Skill: Distortative Chronoturgy (can change the speed of time within regions)
Sin/Anti-Skill: Does not particularly care for people.
Sanity Meter: 85

I'm not sure that you'll accept an immortal character... but if you do, this is what I'm playing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:25:00 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Backstory: Immortal wanderer of the multiverse, who goes around fixing timelines. Hates his job and wants to just relax in his home realm.
Appearance: His spirit is shaped like a skinny 5-foot-8 human with a staff and a red blindfold; any and all other forms are based off of that.
Default form: Barely tanned skin, wears a white t-shirt and khaki pants. Made of sand, metal, and fire. Wears a red blindfold.
Sand form: Swathed in off-white silk bandages covering everything other than his mouth. Made of sand. Wears a red blindfold.
Metal form: White liquid metal with black wire-like patterns over the surface. Only discernible facial feature is a raised area when the nose would be. Made of metal. Wears a red blindfold.
Fire form: Human torch. Pretty simple. Made of fire. Wears a red blindfold (yeah, even when he's made of fire).
Dissociated: There isn't much to look at, though he'll probably be showing up again on the other side of whatever is dangerous, or just in a few seconds behind you. It depends on context. Made of nothing but his spirit.

I'm not sure that you'll accept an immortal character... but if you do, this is what I'm playing.
I'll allow it, but under one condition.
He is only allowed to come back from life once, because after that the guy in charge of TLH might get a little... angry.

Note: This takes place in a semi-futuristic fantasy setting, and considering who the guy running TLH is, I have a feeling he might know you.
He's the evil clone of a certain god of chaos, and the name of that god of chaos may or may not begin with T.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome fellow volunteer! Will it be my friend?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Name: Aegeh Selsh, known by the government as 'Arsenal'
Backstory: A Swede born like any other, he acted as a test subject for Kuzen Labs, led by the controversial Ansen G. Isterburg. They sought the ability to reform objects into other objects by shifting aspects of its quantum states to match that of the object desired. He tried out each and every object they made this way, which mostly included weapons. Eventually, he ended up learning that the operation as a whole was illegal, so they used him as a test subject in a highly lethal experiment: they tried to channel the weaponizing beam through his living body in such a way as to be able to weaponize living beings. It twisted his mind, gave him the passive ability that ruined any chance of a normal live. He was imprisoned and experimented on by the scientists for 3 years before the labs were found out and shut down by the government, after which they them imprisoned and experimented on him for another 4 years until he ended up here. He assumes that whoever captured him this time loosened his restraining clothing and cut off his glove's right finger to make things..interesting. He finally has a chance to use his ability...
Appearance: Sturdy gloves, equipped but not covering the tip of his right finger. Metallic mask and clothing designed to not be affected by his ability. the little skin that shows is a bright red, though only his hands' and wrists' skin are red. Under the mask is coarse black hair and an unshaven face with deep black eyes.
Skill: Anything non-living he touches becomes a piece of armor or weaponry, unless it is very big or part of something very big (thus preventing him from changing bricks in the wall into cannonballs or something to break out)
Sin/Anti-Skill:He cares not about helping the wounded recover or aiding people in poor positions unless it could increase the strength in battle of him or his companions.
Sanity Meter:(70 sounds good enough for him)
Kill Counter: Currently has no way to counter being killed0
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Backstory: A Swede born like any other, he acted as a test subject for Kuzen Labs, led by the controversial Ansen G. Isterburg. They sought the ability to reform objects into other objects by shifting aspects of its quantum states to match that of the object desired. He tried out each and every object they made this way, which mostly included weapons. Eventually, he ended up learning that the operation as a whole was illegal, so they used him as a test subject in a highly lethal experiment: they tried to channel the weaponizing beam through his living body in such a way as to be able to weaponize living beings. It twisted his mind, gave him the passive ability that ruined any chance of a normal live. He was imprisoned and experimented on by the scientists for 3 years before the labs were found out and shut down by the government, after which they them imprisoned and experimented on him for another 4 years until he ended up here. He assumes that whoever captured him this time loosened his restraining clothing and cut off his glove's right finger to make things..interesting. He finally has a chance to use his ability...
Appearance: Sturdy gloves, equipped but not covering the tip of his right finger. Metallic mask and clothing designed to not be affected by his ability. the little skin that shows is a bright red, though only his hands' and wrists' skin are red. Under the mask is coarse black hair and an unshaven face with deep black eyes.
Skill: Anything non-living he touches becomes a piece of armor or weaponry, unless it is very big or part of something very big (thus preventing him from changing bricks in the wall into cannonballs or something to break out)
Sin/Anti-Skill:He cares not about helping the wounded recover or aiding people in poor positions unless it could increase the strength in battle of him or his companions.
Ooooh intresting. I wonder... Hmmmm. Yes, this is not too OP. Heh heh heh heh.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

I'll allow it, but under one condition.
He is only allowed to come back from life once, because after that the guy in charge of TLH might get a little... angry.

Note: This takes place in a semi-futuristic fantasy setting, and considering who the guy running TLH is, I have a feeling he might know you.
He's the evil clone of a certain god of chaos, and the name of that god of chaos may or may not begin with T.
The issue would be more with the fact that he's already been dead for thousands of years... but nevermind. I'm really probably in too many games as-is.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

Are you going to prepare a trap in the labyrinth especially for me? Tossing a bunch of pebbles in hopes they make it to my skin and become arrows or something?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Name: Nathalia
Backstory: Student
Appearance: A cat-girl.
Skill: Sharper Senses.
Sin/Anti-Skill: Laziness.
Sanity Meter: 77

To go with something different to the rest.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you going to prepare a trap in the labyrinth especially for me? Tossing a bunch of pebbles in hopes they make it to my skin and become arrows or something?
Heh heh heh, HEH HEH HEH HEH...
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Name: Nathalia
Backstory: Student
Appearance: A cat-girl.
Skill: Sharper Senses.
Sin/Anti-Skill: Laziness.
Sanity Meter: 77

To go with something different to the rest.
Aaaaaaaaaand you're in.