Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 37876 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 7/8
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 12:10:38 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:16:49 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »

All right, that makes 8 complete sheets. I've created everyone's loot, and the turn should be up fairly soon sometime today. I'll probably edit it into this post if no one else posts after me. Everyone else's sheets are all good, and they'll be on the waitlist. I don't think you'll be waiting too long though.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 0
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 02:55:32 pm »

The battle begins!

You sign your waiver, and the moment you finish filling in all the details, you find yourself engulfed in a white light. When you clear your eyes, you're standing beside a great stone pillar, on a hard cement floor. You can see a few others like yourself, some more dazed than others. Before you is an area of thick dirt surrounding a large pure black obelisk. Behind you is a great green plain. Within that plain is a forest, a large lake and river. There is also a more mountainous and rocky region. It may have been more sudden than some of you were expecting, but you all know why you're here.

Osborn Luk: -6-3=-9

Before your eyes, your waiver unfolds - ow that stings! You drop your waiver from surprise at the heat, and it unfolds into some sort of sweater. That doesn't seem too bad. The sweater then ignites. The inside of the offending garment seems to be made of diamond, which could make for good armor. The inside also seems to be leaking a strange metallic fluid.

Suddenly, your hand burns again for a brief moment as if you were still holding the sweater. You might be able to put it on, but it would be a delicate operation. Only the outside is burning at the moment.

Johannes Luk: 5+2=7

Your waiver wraps around your arm and forms into a fairly plain round shield. You feel a little bit stronger and faster just holding it. The outward side of the shield seems to be made of some sort of flesh, and a rune is drawn in the center. You mentally activate the rune, and a small burst of flame shoots outward. Handy.

Antonio Luk: 1+1=2

Your waiver blows away into the wind, and a brief moment later a BB Rifle drops into your waiting arms. It seems to have enough ammo loaded that you won't need to worry about that sort of thing at least.

Rautherdir Luk: 6+3=9

Your waiver simply vanishes, and a bandolier of grenades wraps itself around your chest. The grenades don't seem to be the usual sort, and there is a bit of variety between them. There is a small label attached to each of the 6 grenades that describes their effects. (This list will be pmed to you.)

Hagrow Luk: -6-2=-8

Your waiver appears to be missing, but you notice something shiny on the ground. It's a silver ring! It looks kind of wet.

Greeny Luk: 2+3=5

When you arrive, you find yourself holding a large well cut ruby. You feel a little bit tougher just holding it. You're sensing something in the other people that are here. Some people have more of it than others, and all of them more so than you. Vitality perhaps?

Harvey Luk: -5-1=-6

Your waiver grows in weight substantially, and falls to the ground with a heavy THUD. At your feet is a rough stone buckler with a lightning bolt carved on the front.

Graham Luk: -3-3=-6

After arriving, you examine your waiver. Suddenly, it begins to cling to your hand and change shape. After an intense and painful burning sensation in your hand that drops you to your knees, you look back to your hand and see a bright red wooden slingshot. It doesn't seem to have any ammo with it. You also can't seem to let go of it. Interesting.

Behold my awful artistic skills. Truly astounding. The envy of many. Your numbers are in the player list, so check your starting position carefully.

Lots of high rolls this turn, in terms of absolute value anyway. Kind of dissapointed no one really made a particularly strength focused character, but we've got some interesting stuff here.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:25:18 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 03:22:22 pm »

Johannes immediately rushes towards Osborn, activating the flame rune on his shield, and attempts to shield bash him.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 03:26:28 pm »

Are there any action rules we should be aware of? Should we post them in spoilers so there isn't any counter play shenanigans?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 03:29:43 pm »

Put the river between me and everyone else.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 03:34:12 pm »

Are there any action rules we should be aware of? Should we post them in spoilers so there isn't any counter play shenanigans?

You can make your actions public if you feel particulary confident or daring, but you can also send them via private message to me. Spoilers are fine too, but be sure to label them well. Also bold your actions, I'll see them better that way.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:25:40 pm by Person »

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 03:43:08 pm »

Grab the ring, put it on. Assuming nothing completely weird happens, flee to the river.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2016, 04:55:51 pm »

Grab my shield and charge at Greeny.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:20:54 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2016, 06:28:42 pm »

Flee north and shoot at Henry's feet
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2016, 10:24:43 pm »

Flee to the rocky terrain. Grab a pebble or some somewhat-cohesive dirt as I go, and try firing it from the slingshot stuck to my hand.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 12:57:09 pm »

Flee north and shoot at Henry's feet
Don't think we have a Henry. Harvey's a bit far away too did you mean Hagrow?

Anyway, just missing one person still, and they're under attack so... I guess I'll pm Fallacy.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:36:51 pm by Person »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 01:21:39 pm »

Whoops, thought I was a different number, edited my post to attack Greeny instead.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2017, 01:22:36 pm »

Whoops, yes I did mean Harvey. After actually looking at our positions relative to each other, I'm changing my action

Flee to the north, take potshots at anyone in range

Glory to United Forenia!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 03:33:18 pm »

((Here's a riddle: what kind of sickness leaves somebody nearly completely functional as long as they lie in bed, but makes them almost unfunctional if they stand up? The answer is... I have no idea. Anyways.))

Osborn:

"Hello, what's this... oh hello, would you like to die?"

Twist the sweater into a Mobius Strip and strangle the attacker with it.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27