Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 37910 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 1
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 08:22:24 pm »

Turn 1

All our combatants burst into action in an instant. Let's see who wins the initiative!

Graham: 6+3=9
Hagrow: 6+2=8
Antonio: 5+2=7
Greeny: 3+3=6
Rautherdir: 3+2=5
Johannes: 6-2=4 (Johannes won the tie breaker)
Osborn: 6-2=4
Harvey: 1-1=0 (I said in an instant, what are you doing?)

Flee to the rocky terrain. Grab a pebble or some somewhat-cohesive dirt as I go, and try firing it from the slingshot stuck to my hand.

Grahm Spd: 1+3=4
Grahm Aff: 2+3=5
Grahm End:4-2=2
Grahm Dex: 5+2=7

You run as fast as you can, but the new and unfamiliar terrain is difficult to navigate. You find yourself on the edge on an area filled with large rocks, deep craters, and not a single plant to be seen. You pick up a small piece of granite from the edge, and pull it back into your slingshot. The rock is engulfed into flame, but so is the hand you're pulling it with! You let go of your makeshift piece of ammunition, and it flies true towards the nearest boulder, leaving quite a mark. You think that might work even without ammunition, but dump a bunch of assorted pebbles in your pockets anyway. However, your hand is pretty burnt up. You might need to give it a break sometimes, or find a way to keep it healed. You only have so many layers of skin.

Grab the ring, put it on. Assuming nothing completely weird happens, flee to the river.

Hagrow Aff: 3+1=4
Hagrow End: 3+1=4
Hagrow Spd: 3+2+1=6

You put on the ring and feel a bit faster. Maybe that's the nakedness though? Feeling a bit thirsty, you run off to the river. Your new speed is liberating, and you dive right in and even make it to the other side. You're dripping wet, but safe on the other side. Oddly enough, you feel a bit heaver than usual. Then again, you think you can tell better now just about how heavy everything here is. Maybe that's part of the ring's power?

Flee to the north, take potshots at anyone in range

Antonio Dex: 3+1=4
Johannes Spd: 5-1=4
Johannes End: 4+2=6
Antonio Spd: 6-1=5

Both the people close to you seem pretty menacing with their grenades and that shield, but you take a shot at the shield guy anyway to gauge his defenses. It looks like he's charging someone else anyway so he might be off guard.

You line up the shot and fire, but you don't see much of a result. Perhaps you missed? He was charging a bit erratically. Then again, a BB probably wouldn't leave much of a mark that you could see. After that, you take to the river, and see someone naked who seems to have had the same idea as you.

See if I can steal the vitality from whichever other competitor is closest to me, or any that attack me. Run to the southeast towards the river to put space between me and the others.

Greeny Aff: 1+3=4
Harvey Aff: 3=3
Harvey End: 3+3=6

Most of your foes charge off elsewhere before you can get a lock on them, but this pig guy seems a good target. He seems to be pretty full of life too!

You raise the crystal and focus, and you do see some of his energy flow into the crystal, but he doesn't seem fazed by it. You weren't able to get very much, but his skin noticeably sags a bit. It isn't much, but you've made him weaker somehow. Looks like hardier foes are good at holding onto their vitality. Unfortunately, it looks like he's headed your way now!

Put the river between me and everyone else.

Rautherdir Spd: 5+2=7

You see that guy with a crystal eyeing people, and take to the river. Looks like a couple others had the same idea as you, but you've made your decision. After a bit of running, you're standing right before the river. It isn't flowing all that fast, and you can see the bottom so it isn't very deep. You should be able to cross it.

Johannes immediately rushes towards Osborn, activating the flame rune on his shield, and attempts to shield bash him.
"Hello, what's this... oh hello, would you like to die?"
Twist the sweater into a Mobius Strip and strangle the attacker with it.
Johannes Spd: 1-1=0
Osborn Spd: 4-2=2

Osborn End: 2+3=5
Osborn End: 6+3=9
Osborn Str: 6-1=5
Osborn Dex: 6-1 =5
Johannes Spd: 1-1=0 (You always roll 0, what are you doing here)
Johannes End: 5+2=7
Johannes Str: 5+2=7

Johannes rushes towards Osborn but trips himself up a bit while adapting to his shield's weight. This gives Osborn plenty of time to grab his sweater. The fire isn't much of a deterrent to his thick hands and arms. It still burns, but Osborn fights through the pain and begins to rush at Johannes. Well, not a rush but more of a menacing slow walk. Quite intimidating, and it gives him time to say his one liner.

"Oh hello, would you like to die?"

Johannes slowly picks himself back up, but Osborn gets him in a choke hold before he can ready his shield! The fire doesn't bother him too much, and Johannes breaks out of the stranglehold with his newly enhanced strength. The two combatants break off from each other for a moment, and the standoff begins. (Those speed rolls man.)

Grab my shield and charge at Greeny.

Harvey Spd: 2-1=1
Harvey Aff: 3=3
Harvey End: 4+3=7
Harvey Str: 6=6 (This was to see if the weight of your shield would affect your speed. Not this turn at least.)
Harvey Spd: 2-1=1 (THESE SPEED ROLLS)

Almost everybody else seems to dash off at high speed, leaving you in a daze. However, seeing that Green Man raise a bright red crystal in your direction sets you in motion! You pick up your hefty buckler and feel the sting of an electric shock as you put it on. It doesn't sting all that much though. You can take it! With that, you begin to charge at Greeny to stop whatever nasty thing he's got planned for you. However, you stumble for a moment as some your energy saps away from you. You try to renew your charge, only to find your new shield weighing you down so much you can barely move!

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Nobody is dead yet, but a few of you have made enemies of each other. Good good. Don't forget to post a new sheet if you die. Also, I'm not entirely sure the map works because of reasons so if you can't see it tell me. If you think you see a mistake point it out, but it'll probably be because items can alter stats.

Edit: As an aside, I am working on more map if you guys try to leave the boundaries, but try not to explore too far eh? There's not anything especially significant in the first few outside "tiles" so to speak. I am preparing for if one of you gets world breaking powerful of course, but that should take awhile. If you're looking for secrets, that obelisk probably should have gotten your weirdness senses tingling.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:35:07 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2017, 08:38:21 pm »

Johannes shield-bashes his opponent, with an added gift of complimentary flames.

"Merry Christmas, asshole!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2017, 08:57:08 pm »

Continue draining that guy. Tactically advance in the opposite direction of him as necessary to keep out of melee range of him.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017, 09:05:59 pm »

I was really hoping that they were magic BB's or something. This thing is probably more useful as a bludgeoning weapon.

Take a shot at Rautherdir
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2017, 09:13:43 pm »

(Pigs are not know for the speed.)

Harvey rushes forward, dropping down on his belly and riding the shield forward, trying to bowl into Greeny. 
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2017, 09:42:10 pm »

I probably could have guessed I would get shot at.

Toss a W.A. at Antonio and guard my eyes.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2017, 09:59:20 pm »

Any oblong rocks here? Specifically, of the sort that could be used to manipulate the slingshot while putting a bit of distance between my hands and the fire. If so, grab a bunch of those. If not, we're off to the forest to get conveniently-shaped sticks.

If I do find a good rock, move into shooting range and shoot into the Johannas/Osborn conflict. Doesn't matter who, just try to take the best shot available to me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 10:41:30 am »

Osborn:

"And a happy new year!"

Let's see about getting that shield out of his hands. Wrap the sweater around Johannes' arms. Preferably his hands. Hopefully that'll make him unable to use the shield.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 01:52:34 pm »

Hagrow uses his moment of distance to take a drink and investigate the ring's power. Was he just quick, or did the ring help him swim?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 2
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 05:08:18 pm »

Turn 2

Time for more initiative rolls!

Greeny Spd: 6+3=9
Grahm Spd: 5+3=8
Rautherdir Spd: 6+2=8
Hagrow Spd: 4+3=7
Harvey Spd: 4-1=3
Antonio Spd: 1+2=3
Osborn Spd: 4-2=2
Johannes Spd: 2-1=1

Continue draining that guy. Tactically advance in the opposite direction of him as necessary to keep out of melee range of him.

Greeny Aff: 5+3=8
Harvey Aff: 4=4
Harvey End: 4+3=7

You try to drain a bit more vitality from Harvey, and gain a bit more than last time. The ruby gains a faint glow, and you feel slightly invigorated.

Any oblong rocks here? Specifically, of the sort that could be used to manipulate the slingshot while putting a bit of distance between my hands and the fire. If so, grab a bunch of those. If not, we're off to the forest to get conveniently-shaped sticks.

If I do find a good rock, move into shooting range and shoot into the Johannas/Osborn conflict. Doesn't matter who, just try to take the best shot available to me.

Luk: 1-3=-2
Spd: 6+3=9

Search as you might, you can't find the sort of rock you're looking for. You run on over to the forest at top speed.

I probably could have guessed I would get shot at.

Toss a W.A. at Antonio and guard my eyes.

Rautherdir Dex: 6+2=8
Antonio Spd: 3+2=5
Grenade Aff: 3=3
Antonio End: 1=1
Antonio End: 6=6

You take a blue grenade that's chilly to the touch off of your bandolier, pull the pin, and throw it towards a guy with a BB Gun. With your eyes covered, you're not exactly sure what happens next, but it lands right next to his feet. He can't get very far before it detonates, and large spikes of ice embed themselves into his left arm, and all over his upper body. When you look back, he's bleeding out on the ground, still desperately raising his rifle at you. How tenacious.

Hagrow uses his moment of distance to take a drink and investigate the ring's power. Was he just quick, or did the ring help him swim?

Aff: 4+3=7
End: 4+1=5
Aff: 2+3=5
Str: 3-2=1
End: 2+1=3

You're pretty sure the ring is the reason you're fast. You point the ring at the ground to see if it might have any more powers, and grass where you're pointing falls flat. You try to pull it back up, but then your arm gets caught in it. You cancel the affect. It isn't very strong, but it seems you can increase gravity. The swimming was all you though. Speaking of water, you're feeling kind of thirsty.

Harvey rushes forward, dropping down on his belly and riding the shield forward, trying to bowl into Greeny.

Harvey Spd: 5-1=4
Greeny Spd: 4+3=7

You close the distance considerably, but you still can't get close enough to hit him despite your shield boarding prowess. He keeps running away too quickly.

Take a shot at Rautherdir.

Antonio Dex: 1+1=2
Rautherdir Spd: 1+3=4
Antonio End: 4=4

Antonio fires one last shot, but it goes wide by a huge margin. Rautherdir doesn't even need to move. With that, Antonio draws his last breath.

Antonio is Dead! Hugh Mungus has spawned!

Rautherdir Luk: 2+3+1=6

Antonios body slowly falls into a portal along with his BB Gun, and out pops a small farming scythe known as a kama. The blade is formed of ice, and it folds compactly enough to fit in a pocket. You feel a bit stronger just holding it.

Osborn:
"And a happy new year!"
Let's see about getting that shield out of his hands. Wrap the sweater around Johannes' arms. Preferably his hands. Hopefully that'll make him unable to use the shield.
Johannes shield-bashes his opponent, with an added gift of complimentary flames.
"Merry Christmas, asshole!"

Johannes Dex: 3-1=2
Osborn Spd: 3-2=1
Johannes Str: 2+2=4
Johannes Aff: 5-1=4
Osborn End: 5+3=8
Osborn End: 1+3=4

Johannes smashes his shield into Osborn's chest, but he barely feels it! The fireball the shield fires off burns off a good amount of Osborn's skin, and lights a small fire!

Osborn Dex: 3-1=2
Osborn Str: 4+1=5
Johannes Spd: 2-1=1
Johannes End: 5+2=7
Johannes Str: 5+2=7
Johannes End: 4+2=6
Osborn End: 4+3=7
Osborn End: 6+3=9

Osborns whips his sweater at Johannes shield arm, and it wraps around for a brief moment before Johannes pulls his arm away. It singes him a little, but he keeps hold of his shield. With that, the battle continues. The sweater is starting to take a toll on Osborn's hands though. (There's a sentence I never thought I'd say.)

Hugh Mungus Luk: 4+3

Hugh Mungus spawns atop a large rock in the rocky terrain. His waiver engulfs him in a white glow, and when he looks down he sees a set of scaled armor made entirely of diamond. It only covers his upper body and a bit of his lower body, but it'll be tough to break through that! Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to weigh him down at all!

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

We have first blood! Crazyabe you're in. S34N1C, you'd technically live one more turn, but I rolled it all out you'd be unconscious for it and no one could heal you, so I just sped things along a little. So, how is everyone liking their loot so far? (I really hope we get more people on the waitlist soon.)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:37:26 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 05:34:49 pm »

Johannes keeps bashing furiously, the shield spitting fire.

"Wanna hear my New Year's Resolution?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 05:51:33 pm »

Keep draining vitality. Or see if the ruby can do something more deadly to my opponent. Keep tactically advancing in the opposite direction. And dodge things if I need to.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:44:43 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 06:12:48 pm »

Osborn:

"I'll bet it's killing me or such."

Shove the shield to the side and tackle him! Provided that works, wrap the sweater around his head.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 06:31:31 pm »

Now that I'm dead, would it be alright if I asked you whether or not the BB gun would have actually done anything had it hit someone? Cause it seem to me like I got fucked on the loot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:22:10 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2017, 06:46:27 pm »

Charge across the river at Rautherdir, pointing menacingly
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27