Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demigod Fortress: Looking for mod or how to achieve this  (Read 1754 times)

Havoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Demigod Fortress: Looking for mod or how to achieve this
« on: January 01, 2017, 09:29:20 am »

I've wanted to play a fortress where you start with demigod dwarfs, that will be the only ones there (no immigrants), could take on many sieges and can't be decapitated, go insane etc. to avoid making a dwarf unusable.

What I need in a mod (or at least I will need some advice how to achieve this, please):
- Only starting dwarves, with master stats, so they can take a lot of abuse, take on more enemies alone etc.
- No immigration, but sieges happen normally and go worse every season/year
- Faster work time, so couple of dwarves can do a lot more. Will need faster movement speed also.
- Dwarves can be legendary in more than one skill.
- Moods don't happen unless there is enough stuff to make artifacts (to prevent having a unusable dwarf)
- No vampires or werewolves, or at least none of my dwarves can become one (or die from loss of blood, but I think the vampire stuff won't happen since no immigration)
- No decapitation, to prevent armless and legless dwarves.
And I think that's it. Any advice?

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
Re: Demigod Fortress: Looking for mod or how to achieve this
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 12:04:38 pm »

I think you could make a new species made of iron, called "demigod dwarves" or whatever, with absurdly high stats, then make them die after 100 years. Then dont give them any females or males and wait till after 100 years. I think you'd still get the first two migrant waves but after that the civ would be dead.

I might be wrong though I dont know how death from old age really works in legends.
"When you wake in the morning, consider suicide."
BY ARMOK WHO KEEPS LEAVING CORPSES IN ALL THE FRIGGIN DOORWAYS?!?

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 12:06:38 pm »

Oh, and somewhere (I think its either the init or entity file) theres a setting which decides the maximum number of people in a fortress. You could just set that to 7. (though I think the first two migrant waves still show up.)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 12:26:38 pm »

I think you could make a new species made of iron, called "demigod dwarves" or whatever, with absurdly high stats, then make them die after 100 years. Then dont give them any females or males and wait till after 100 years. I think you'd still get the first two migrant waves but after that the civ would be dead.

I might be wrong though I dont know how death from old age really works in legends.

You can make an immortal race by simply getting rid of the MAXAGE tag. That's how it works for goblins and elves.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

neko.len.chan

• Bay Watcher
  • Nya
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 12:36:30 pm »

well yeah i know that I was saying that as a way to prevent migration

then I remembered you can just set the maximum population for the fortress anyways and its not necessary.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 09:10:17 pm »

- Only starting dwarves, with master stats, so they can take a lot of abuse, take on more enemies alone etc.

No modding required. You can just massively increase the number of embark points during world generation and spend them on combat skills.

As far as I know the first waves of immigrants are impossible to prevent. Sieges and their frequency also are not easy to alter. These two things are hard coded into the game engine. There are DFhack scripts already written that can spawn units and sieges, but I don't know of any that stop immigration.

- Faster work time, so couple of dwarves can do a lot more. Will need faster movement speed also.

There used to be a DFhack fast dwarf script that did this. If I remember right it also makes them basically invincible in combat due to how fast they are. I also remember there being problems with this script once DF changed how it handled creature movement/combat speed so it may no longer work right.

A less game breaking way to speed dwarf movement up would be by altering their gait values in the raws. You can change how fasts dwarves walk, climb, run, fly (you might as well give them wings while you are at it) etc. Altering the raws is simple and strait forward compared to writing DFhack scripts.

- Dwarves can be legendary in more than one skill.
That's how the game already works. Nothing needs to be changed.

- Moods don't happen unless there is enough stuff to make artifacts (to prevent having a unusable dwarf)

Good luck with that. You can remove moods completely in the dwarf raws but making it so they only happen if you have the ingredients should be next to impossible outside of possibly writing some custom DFhack scripts.

- No vampires or werewolves, or at least none of my dwarves can become one (or die from loss of blood, but I think the vampire stuff won't happen since no immigration)

You can just remove these in advanced world settings. No raw changes or hacking necissary.

- No decapitation, to prevent armless and legless dwarves.
And I think that's it. Any advice?

As far as I know this is impossible, but you could make it incredibly difficult for your dwarves to loose limbs or be injured at all by altering the raws to make the dwarves 200 feet tall and made of a custom material denser than slade and stonger than adamantine. You could also add an extra ten or twenty sets of legs and arms and a few extra heads for redundancy so if your 200 foot tall "dwarves" made of the strongest materials in existence actually do manage to lose a limb or two it won't really matter.

I should add that if you want to play the game without it being absolutely busted I would avoid fast dwarf and turning your dwarves into slade titans with dozens of limbs. Both will be game breaking levels of power.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:21:22 pm by Melting Sky »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 04:50:34 pm »

you could make them like the giant sponge, but with fifteen hands, and eyes attached to it. No bleeding, they are giant, and they have no weak points like brain, heart, Etc. Then give them SKILL_LEARN_RATE:100000, and they'd almost immediately be legendary in any skill they try. Also give them PHYS_ATT_RANGE:STRENGTH:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000:5000, with that copied, and all the other stats also getting maxes. give them all the useful NOs like [NOBREATHE].[NOSTUN].[NO_SLEEP].[NO_EAT].[NOPAIN], and [NOEXERT]. make them fire-breathing.
give them MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:NONE:NONE:1:9999900, and they should be almost unkillable at this point. give the males SPOUSE_CONVERTER, and the females CONVERTED_SPOUSE, and they are incapable of regular breeding, but they can still appear in world-gen.
give them
      GAIT:WALK:Walk fast:1:1:3:711:50
      GAIT:CRAWL:Crawl fast:1:1:3:711:50
      GAIT:CLIMB:Climb fast:1:1:3:711:50
      GAIT:SWIM:Swim fast:1:1:3:711:50 and they will be incredibly fast.
without blood they can't be vampires, or werewolves. remove STRANGE_MOODS, and they won't make artifacts, that's all you can do about artifacts.
Is there any way these could be better? Oh, wait, make the sponge-dwarf out adamantium. There, Is there any way to make them better NOW?
NOTE: re-add the brackets. I can't post the brackets for some reason.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 05:16:48 pm »

No modding required. You can just massively increase the number of embark points during world generation and spend them on combat skills.
There's a limit on how many skills you can give dwarves on embark. 10 levels of skills. I'm normally able to get every dwarf as many skills as possible and then still buy everything I need with the default embark points. I'd recommend just doing as pikachu17 suggested instead.

As far as I know the first waves of immigrants are impossible to prevent. Sieges and their frequency also are not easy to alter. These two things are hard coded into the game engine. There are DFhack scripts already written that can spawn units and sieges, but I don't know of any that stop immigration.
The first migrants used to be impossible to stop, but within data/init/d_init there's now an option called [STRICT_POPULATION_CAP:220] which you can set to 7. That should stop the first migrant waves.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 11:11:54 am »

That should stop the first migrant waves.
The first two migrant waves will arrive, no matter what you do(right?). However, this would stop any others after that.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 09:55:39 pm »

That should stop the first migrant waves.
The first two migrant waves will arrive, no matter what you do(right?). However, this would stop any others after that.
The only reason the first two migrant waves always arrived was because the outpost liaison shows up to check your population cap in Fall, which is after two waves have already arrived. If you mod the game so the liaison shows up in Summer then you only get 1 hardcoded wave of migrants.

The strict population cap though just applies no matter what, even if the liaison never shows up. So I think it should work. I don't specifically remember testing it, but I think it does.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia