Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 131162 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Welp.
I joined ER, and within a month or two, The Lurker was loose and the universe died.
Joined IH, split the party, killed the game.
Test gamed three different systems for ORO/ER next - all dead.
took me a while to kill Dig, but here we are.

Think I'll stay out of the 888th and that Mad Max with Wizards game, lest I curse them as well.

I dub thee Ozarck the DiceBane, Destroyer of Games.

...Nope.

I've had enough of this freaking system and the general loss of interest and meandering. Every time I think of posting I am filled with dread. SO NO!

But you're gonna get underground adventures you mother fuckers. I'm gonna shove them right up your associated orifices. Just you wait...just you wait...

Aww shucks, was hoping for a new turn. As I've said before, I like the game, but if you think (yet) another system would work better that's fine by me, I just hope we get to keep our characters.

Currently I'm thinking Cabal is the more dynamic of the two games, and it only makes sense to concentrate effort some.  Particularly if you're under a lot of stress.. go with the games you find fun.

I agree with the latter, but have to disagree strongly with the former. At least for me, cabal isn't nearly as fun as dig, both in premise as well as in practice.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Ok so I have two possible new set ups for this game since I feel like this cave generation and exploration will go better if we change a few things up.

Heres the two major ideas I have for it. Both of these ideas keep the general idea for this game intact while changing some of the set up and environs. Mostly to allow a more focused experience with less faffing about not knowing where to go.

1. Deep Carbon: Scientific drilling has uncovered, miles deep within the earth, a honeycomb of caves, rivers subterranean seas and unseen life forms. The nature and scope of this discovery has been kept secret and governmental powers are eagerly exploring the substrata, looking for anything they can use. Originally scientists and "real" explorers were used but the lower worlds proved too dangerous, so now all manner of prisoner, mercenary, loner and men who will not be missed are used. The players are stationed on a drilling ship and inserted deep into the earth to explore. Sometimes they will have specific objectives, sometimes they will just be tasked with figuring out what this place is.

2. The Bowels of God: Earth has been eaten. Or perhaps it is still being eaten. No one knows. But you're inside it; trying to make a living in a world of flesh. Explore the labyrinthine guts, meet other races that have had their planets destroyed, interact with the parasites and generated species within the belly of god, and try to make sense of this new and hostile world. Has anyone seen episode 4 of the samurai jack season 5? Yeah, kind of like that.

So one of those settings is what I'm thinking of.

As per a system, I'm working on that now, it will be done soon. It is short, easy and designed to be far more usable and generalized so we don't have hyper focused people who suck at everything but one task.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:52:30 pm by piecewise »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

I like both concepts, but given your style as I'm familiar with it, I think I'd prefer #2. But for some reason, I think I would like it better as a giant space amoeba/sponge rather than an actual big monster with a mouth and stomach and stuff.

Also on a more "my two cents" note. If you want a balance between free roam and objective oriented, maybe giving us a general goal, but not always a specific objective. Like maybe we have a three step objective system, something like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So basicly, you enter an environment. You write a report on the environment, and send it up to HQ. HQ will either give you additional orders, like a mission, or they'll tell you to move on. Then the players can steal and loot things and go to the next area.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 sounds too similar to a post-ER setting, so I vote 1.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

I like the sound of two if it can be different enough from ER. But 1 would be simpler...
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile

I like number one for modernish setting and sending convicts to die! It's not a new idea, but hell, it works!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

I'll explain a little more.

First, here's your generic system which I made up in an hour. We can pour just about anything into it and it will probably work. Probably. Sy, begin whining.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1raoA4naaQafVXDRPgKqviq4XZWXpk49H-xgaOOCRBf0/edit?usp=sharing

Second, I'll explain the general feel of the two games

The first has a more ER style feel to it but set in the modern world and with the caveat that humans shall remain decidedly human (unless external fuckery occurs). There are no magics or shit available to humans, though they might find magical things to use or get some of that reality cancer.  Its got a more expeditionary feel to it, being shoved in and then exploring before getting out.

The second is much more "tribal". More crafting using organic shit, more monster hunter style better gear via monster parts, and more "go here and do this because our children are dying of the flesh rot" rather than "Go here and do this because the secretive government leaders want to speak the language of techtonic plates and control earthquakes."

I'm opening a poll here.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13158649

VOTE! NOW!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: VOTE
« Reply #1028 on: June 10, 2017, 09:14:58 pm »

So ER or Post ER.

;-p

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 10, 2017, 10:01:17 pm »

I'm going to vote for number 2 as I think that would be a bit more fun with us messing around in system
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1030 on: June 11, 2017, 01:47:30 am »

We are currently tied...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 11, 2017, 02:31:27 am »

Not anymore.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 11, 2017, 03:59:50 am »

Yes so we are.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 11, 2017, 09:15:25 am »

Upon further analysis I decided to vote for 1
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 13, 2017, 02:24:16 pm »

It is tied, and suspiciously so. I therefore call for a vote via this thread. Post your selection on its own line and in bold.

Deep Carbon!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70