Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 131152 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 10:47:11 am »

I may make it so that civie only gains +5 instead then, to even it out.  I don't want anything to be overall better than anything else. Or I may just boost the engine heart bonus to +20.
If you go for the second one, maybe also rebalance the engineer class.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 10:47:59 am »

I may make it so that civie only gains +5 instead then, to even it out.  I don't want anything to be overall better than anything else. Or I may just boost the engine heart bonus to +20.
Why not have the engine heart get some kind of bonus to resisting deep sea magic, since it doesn't have a soul/whatever like everyone else does? +20 endure also sounds good. Because really, no way to get resurrected is a bit harsh, since it seems like a big deal in the game.

Don't nerf the civvie though.

-edit-: Also, what do engine hearts use to heal/repair?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:49:39 am by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 11:00:52 am »

Why not have the engine heart get some kind of bonus to resisting deep sea magic, since it doesn't have a soul/whatever like everyone else does? +20 endure also sounds good. Because really, no way to get resurrected is a bit harsh, since it seems like a big deal in the game.

Don't nerf the civvie though.

-edit-: Also, what do engine hearts use to heal/repair?
They'd heal via recover as usual and then using build with repair kits or tool kits instead of med kits and the like.

I'm gonna make it so that the engineheart doesn't have any higher resist, but is immune to being fiddled with by people in the Deep Sea. Which is pretty powerful. In ER thats like being immune to Manips.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2017, 11:05:46 am »

I'm gonna make it so that the engineheart doesn't have any higher resist, but is immune to being fiddled with by people in the Deep Sea. Which is pretty powerful. In ER thats like being immune to Manips.

Going once, going twice, sold to the man with the misspelled dessert for a name.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2017, 11:12:59 am »

Gonna repost this, seems important enough to warrant being annoying already. Sorry :/

Before I make a character, a quick few questions:
-Do we get any additional gear when starting out, or just any class specific starting items? How does gear acquisition in general work anyway?
-The classes that start with items instead of stat bonuses, can they trade in their items later for money, or is their starting perk basically wasted once they get better gear?

Otherwise it seems like not taking a stat bonus is a waste in the medium to long term. Then again, having good stats but lacking the kit to use it can be a problem until you struggle through that first expedition.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 11:39:41 am »

Gonna repost this, seems important enough to warrant being annoying already. Sorry :/

Before I make a character, a quick few questions:
-Do we get any additional gear when starting out, or just any class specific starting items? How does gear acquisition in general work anyway?
-The classes that start with items instead of stat bonuses, can they trade in their items later for money, or is their starting perk basically wasted once they get better gear?

Otherwise it seems like not taking a stat bonus is a waste in the medium to long term. Then again, having good stats but lacking the kit to use it can be a problem until you struggle through that first expedition.
There's some gear on the machine, and simple (ie +30 and less) weapons can be manufactured in the workshop without Knowledge.  The roll is Build difficulty 20 + the weapon rating.

Their starting perk is that they have a weapon for sure, where as other people might only have a weapon depending on the skills and availability of a builder. However, if this seems too crappy, I'll switch it to be that they have other, different bonuses.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 11:49:06 am »

Personally, I'd suggest trying to make it so that every classes' perk remains (somewhat) useful even into later game. Perhaps you could replace items (except for the wizard, who needs an eye thingie to function) either with a stat bonus/non-numerical perk, or with a more unique item that'd be hard to find/manufacture and won't easily be replaced (eg a pistol or knife would just end up being useless once a better weapon is found/made, while something like a scope that gives +10 to blast and needs to be attached to the weapon to work remains useful the entire game).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 01:24:12 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 12:56:45 pm »

Spoiler: another waffel (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 01:11:34 pm »

Personally, I'd suggest trying to make it so that every classes' perk remains (somewhat) useful even into later game. Perhaps you could replace items (expect for the wizard, who need an eye thingie to function) either with a stat bonus/non-numerical perk, or with a more unique item that'd be hard to find/manufacture and won't easily be replaced (eg a pistol or knife would just end up being useless once a better weapon is found/made, while something like a scope that gives +10 to blast and needs to be attached to the weapon to work remains useful the entire game).

I've modified the archetypes a bit, trying to balance things.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 01:21:46 pm »

Changed Character sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 03:05:58 pm »

Added charsheet to initial post, copying it here as well.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 02:48:50 pm by Radio Controlled »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 05:05:37 pm »

-cut for move to OOC-
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:08:22 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 08:03:10 pm »

I honestly don't know enough to say whether things are balanced or not. I think some of the other players (those who are planning to dive the Deep Sea, or construct artifacts) are undervaluing knowledge a bit, though. If I cold, I'd max out int and knowledge, but one needs at least one in body to live, and some stamina to act, so I need those too.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 11:33:10 pm »

PTW
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 12:24:50 am »

YES

ALL THE YES

Er...Now to flail at Docs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70