Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243]

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 430220 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team: This is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #3630 on: February 04, 2014, 12:45:38 pm »

Miyamoto patches in to the meeting remotely, seeing as how he's too fat big to fit in there anyways.

Quote from: Miya to Simus
I'll follow the meeting remotely, got work to do and I doubt Steve would appreciate me wrecking the Sword to get in there.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3631 on: February 04, 2014, 01:40:26 pm »

Satisfied with the test results, Anton messages Simus.

Quote from: Anton Chernozorov, text message to XO Simus
I've completed the tests on the warheads and the refitted Blackship. The kinamp-fusion warheads will cost much more than conventional nukes (conventional nukes, never thought I'd see the day), roughly a 200% increase in cost, but all things considered, the clean and controlled detonation with no lasting effects will save us much more time and resources on subsequent cleanup. Testing against the lithium shell fusion warheads will have to wait until I've a firm enough grasp of the process to make them into a missile, but I don't think the resulting mechanical difference will be different enough - so we can order the refit of the Courier with the missiles in mind.

The Black Death had shown itself to be capable of dealing with a wide variety of threats, up to and including taking out Avatars of War and small capital ships, with a planet-wide response time of five minutes to half and hour depending on location, and orbital intercept times measured in minutes. Assuming we get that sensor grid operational and can see the threat at least ten minutes in advance, we'll be able to deploy the ship as a trump card against almost any surprise the UWM can throw at us. Whether or not it justifies the costs to refit it... I guess bringing it up on the meeting would be best. My opinion is the same - fire extinguisher. Better to have and never to use.

Also, I might bring another idea to the meeting, if I have time. I've been thinking about things regular troops in the field need sometimes, and I've come up with a very... unconventional answer. I'm not even sure if it'll work myself yet, but it's such a different idea that I want to try it. Don't start that meeting without me.

Tinker up a prototype of the Artee, as well as it is possible to do. Leave anything that would take time to develop (intelligence, programming) and focus on the design of the frame and its inner workings, so it can be shown at the meeting. Then save the design's overview onto the datapad, and go to the meeting in the Conference Room (or Briefing Room, whichever Simus meant). ((Since Simus was supposed to heal by Monday, I am assuming the meeting will be this turn.))

((edit: as requested, detailed summary of the design to estimate costs:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welp, that all looks fine to me. I suppose you probably want a price eh? Well, lets see

Body is fairly cheap, like 4 tokens. 2 for each laser rifle. 2 for both hand lasers. I think Amps are 3, or two. Too lazy to look. 3 for the foam, 2 for the grenades, 4-5 for the generator, Brain depends on where we get it....I can think of one good place but feyri and jim would be pissed. CPUS, eh, 3. Cam eyes...however much they normally cost.

Add those up to get your total and no doubt weep.

(( @PW, I see my action but not the results. Show us the damage! Or did you just want to assume that between the two of us we let it go on a rampage, finally got it shut down, and then fixed all the damage :P ))
huh. weird.

[aux:3+1+1]

Yeah, you get it shut down in a boringly efficient manner.

Quote from: Simus>The Doctor
That explains a bit to a mild user of the things. I suppose it might be possible to achieve what I would like with a combination of drugs, but then we go into the realm of, is he really worth all the trouble figuring it out. I'll let you do your job with him, but I would like 1 request with it, if you would:

No cybernetics. He can regrow what he's lost, not take the quick way out.

If she is done repairing, Simus leaves the infirmary without a backward glance and heads to the briefing room.

Quote from: Simus>All
If you are interested in staying on Hephaestus, the meeting begins as soon as everyone who responds to this assembles in the Briefing Room. If you are otherwise occupied, inform me and I'll patch you in, but I prefer physical presence.
Quote from: Simus>Milno, Jim, Miyamoto
I would like you three, if you are not otherwise occupied, to join the meeting as well, in case anyone from your roster wishes to stay.
Quote from: Simus>Jim
Meet me early if you wish to discuss what occurred with Auron.

((Cybersuit Sod is a sod in a standard cybernetic body, just like what a player character would receive if they come back from a mission decapitated and the body missing. A synthflesh commander Sod is a Sod that has the ability to take an abstract order and use noncommander Sods beneath it to execute it (If this is possible, it's something both me and Miyamoto are assuming is, I think), but in a synthflesh cybernetic body, like I currently possess.

Oh, and if Neutron Bomb versions of our usual nuclear warheads would cost any more than usual.))
Briefed to the room.

Cybersuit sod: 6.
Commander sod: 12, because of the synthflesh and the increased training and such.
They'd cost a bit more, but not much. Maybe 1-2 ru more.

Follow Simus and/or Jim to the Briefing Room.
Sure sure.
Miyamoto patches in to the meeting remotely, seeing as how he's too fat big to fit in there anyways.

Quote from: Miya to Simus
I'll follow the meeting remotely, got work to do and I doubt Steve would appreciate me wrecking the Sword to get in there.
It's all muscle bro, all muscle.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: February 04, 2014, 01:51:08 pm »

((I was actually considering RU cost, but that helps too. So 30-ish tokens all in all. Hell of a cost to prototype. Anton might have to get a prototyping grant from Simus after all.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: February 04, 2014, 03:06:17 pm »

Anton walks into the briefing room, expecting to see some of the technical-minded teammates he'd already become familiar with. But instead of Bishop or Auron - though he had a pretty good idea for the reason for the latter's absence - he sees the immediate command staff of the new ARM. XO Simus, general Miyamoto teleconferencing through one of the screens, and general Jim. Jim is talking to a... new guy. Curious. And then there is Grate. Anton still had some nagging concerns about the kid's current status as a living being, but there are more pressing matters to concern himself with at the moment.

It seems like everyone who cared to respond to the summons are already here. Anton passes the ship testing logs to Simus, and waits patiently for her to officially start the meeting.

((Do we RP the meeting, or just OOC the plans around? I had a neat lil' IC post about the Artee drafted up in case I need to use it. :P))
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:08:23 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: February 04, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »

Sleep inside spiderbot for several minutes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: February 04, 2014, 07:49:41 pm »

((Keep forgetting about the OOC thread.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: February 04, 2014, 10:12:42 pm »

Quote from: Dubley > Jack Hansan
Hey Jack. You seem like the type of guy willing to try crazy shit for the greater good. Y'know that biomass horror amp overload thing? I was thinking we could just pour a barrel of maldavian mind rot or roofies or something down it's throat. Get it all piss drunk and easily suggestible. So that the folks down there can just rescue that guy without it noticing or getting angry.
You in?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: February 05, 2014, 04:12:16 am »

Right... someone let me know when more fires start.

Skylar wanders back to whatever other random task he was doing. Probably something sensible and out of the way, like meticulously repairing the black ship

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3638 on: February 05, 2014, 02:59:05 pm »

Anton walks into the briefing room, expecting to see some of the technical-minded teammates he'd already become familiar with. But instead of Bishop or Auron - though he had a pretty good idea for the reason for the latter's absence - he sees the immediate command staff of the new ARM. XO Simus, general Miyamoto teleconferencing through one of the screens, and general Jim. Jim is talking to a... new guy. Curious. And then there is Grate. Anton still had some nagging concerns about the kid's current status as a living being, but there are more pressing matters to concern himself with at the moment.

It seems like everyone who cared to respond to the summons are already here. Anton passes the ship testing logs to Simus, and waits patiently for her to officially start the meeting.

((Do we RP the meeting, or just OOC the plans around? I had a neat lil' IC post about the Artee drafted up in case I need to use it. :P))
I really should get that christmas gift spinner set up for after simus' speech.

Sleep inside spiderbot for several minutes.
You thought they smelled bad on the outside!
Right... someone let me know when more fires start.

Skylar wanders back to whatever other random task he was doing. Probably something sensible and out of the way, like meticulously repairing the black ship
You're gonna need parts for that sir. Engine parts, specifically.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: February 05, 2014, 03:06:29 pm »

((I was actually considering RU cost, but that helps too. So 30-ish tokens all in all. Hell of a cost to prototype. Anton might have to get a prototyping grant from Simus after all.))
((Any RU estimates on an Artee? I even bolded it that time. >_>))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: February 05, 2014, 09:58:04 pm »

Since when have you ever waited for justification to post?  :P
The man has a point.
Wait a second...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3641 on: February 06, 2014, 12:34:22 pm »

((Any RU estimates on an Artee? I even bolded it that time. >_>))
Sorry. Oh...10-13? something like that.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:12 am »

RU estimate on engine / hull parts for the blackship?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3643 on: February 07, 2014, 11:55:04 am »

RU estimate on engine / hull parts for the blackship?

steal them from the scrap yard for free. Or buy them for 5 ru.

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243]