Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 73362 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 03:32:13 am »

Should we make wiki for this right from the beginning? This smells like it will be big, considering large number of players can waffle around on the Bore.
Personally I was gonna wait until we've been at it for at least a month or so before bringing it up, in case PW still decides that this test wasn't satisfactory and switches to something else. That said, if this does take off and replace ER in scale, a new wiki would certainly be helpful. Then the question remains to either keep working with the ER wiki (keeps things more centralized, but could be messy/conflicting), make a new wiki on the same platform (which I personally like, though it does have some downsides) or switch to a whole 'nother thing.

If we do, then I prefer not using ER wiki. It's another game after all. Using same platform would be nice, considering we won't need new accounts and templates can be easily copied over where needed.

Do something other than Wikia this time, because fuck Wikia.

What's the problem with it?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 03:43:52 am »

Because it's got a billion freaking ads on it that lag to hell and probably are loaded with malware?
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2017, 03:45:44 am »

Say hello to your new friend, AdBlocker.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2017, 04:43:34 am »

Yeah, as long as you have an add-blocker those aren't a problem. I'm rather partial to it myself, because the wiki gnomes know how to work with it, it's pretty easy and straightforward, and we could import some of paris' nice templates he made for ER easily. And their support forum/infrastructure is pretty solid. To be fair though, the site's mobile version isn't the best.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2017, 11:45:35 am »

I'm still interested in Oro, because I love the core concept of it.  Plus, excessively complex systems don't scare me.

Doc, I'm pretty sure Dig is replacing Oro as the next game test, but going on its system, structure, and setup, I highly doubt it's the next big thing.  We're prolly just gonna get NuER at this point.
The core concept of the world or the core concept of the system? The world I like, the system less so on a play by post format.  I think its too complex and slow in current form. I think it would inherently have to be scaled back to be less ambitious and thus less taxing.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2017, 01:50:10 pm »

Maybe we can all work together to make a bunch of decent weapons in less time. The real problem is the time it takes to machine all the bits for a good one, so what if get the people with lower build stat to make the simple bits, and get the people with high build stat to make the complicated bits and put them together? That could probably shave off a lot of the time/turns needed.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2017, 02:00:51 pm »

@Piecewise

Sorta the system--I like the concept of building an amalgamate body with lego demon parts.  I do also like the setting of Oro, but I really love the concept the system tries to encapsulate.  That said, it is pretty cumbersome, and would be better if it were simplified further.

Since you're apparently responding to stuff in this thread, How big do you intend Dig to be?  Is it another transitory little game, like WIZARDS, or is it potentially the Next Big Thing?

@Drill name
People are still arguing over this?  Just call it "The Boar" and be done with it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2017, 02:44:44 pm »

@Drill name
People are still arguing over this?  Just call it "The Boar" and be done with it.
I'm wavering between "But what do wild swine have to do with anything?!" and "You bore." so I'll just make a compromise.

"But syv, what do bored swine have to do with anything?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2017, 06:42:01 pm »

@Piecewise

Sorta the system--I like the concept of building an amalgamate body with lego demon parts.  I do also like the setting of Oro, but I really love the concept the system tries to encapsulate.  That said, it is pretty cumbersome, and would be better if it were simplified further.

Since you're apparently responding to stuff in this thread, How big do you intend Dig to be?  Is it another transitory little game, like WIZARDS, or is it potentially the Next Big Thing?

@Drill name
I dunno. The problem with saying "This is the next big thing" is that I don't know what the next big thing is. This could be it. Or a changed oro. Or maybe mecha xcom. Or 70's lovecraftian shadow of the colossus.  However, in terms of something like ER I feel like DIG is closest in terms of being a big world of lots of opportunities  to fuck around in. The ORO is basically a dungeon crawl and Wizard's is fun but doing in depth writing for lots of people would kill me.

But yeah, I think ORO's system would be a lot more managable if it was just like...5 parts to each person.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2017, 06:57:46 pm »

You should stop using video games that I really like as examples, it makes things so much more frustrating when you don't actually run the things.  Shadow of the Colossus, XCOM, Dark Souls...  Veh.

...I'd still love to hear more about the SotC one.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2017, 07:02:47 pm »

The next game should be Drakengard.  I can't wait for the giant boss over tokyo defeated via song.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2017, 07:37:13 pm »

Ooh, I like this. That probably means I'm gonna have to make a chart for it.

...yeah, gonna need a chart while I figure out whether to make an ascetic or molemonk. Or civvie with a transcend bonus.

"or you could play something useful that doesn't irritate Cthulhu for a living"

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2017, 07:53:38 pm »

Now I'm thinking of handing out Tokens to manage how much of my time I spend arming each person. Could set up my very own Armory booth. :D
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2017, 08:02:51 pm »

I feel like we should give everyone who starts without a weapon a shitty pipe pistol or a rusted knife or something by default. Mass producing starting equipment is basically going to be busywork anyway. Time that could be much better spend trying to make weird customized personal weapons or mentally fistfighting with denizens of the deep sea.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2017, 09:20:43 pm »

Prototype acquired.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51