Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 73319 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #720 on: May 11, 2017, 08:47:21 am »

After making some moonshine bolt the still to a wall as we get underway
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

Please try to condense all of your actions into a single post if you can, pw prefers it that way.
Sorry I'll change it
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 13, 2017, 04:20:56 am »

Don't forget that whenever the bore moves horizontally or (diagonally) upward, one better fasten himself or risk suffering a move roll to avoid a tumble dryer experience. Unless that's your thing of course in which case, tumble away!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 13, 2017, 04:25:19 am »

We need to leave slow people behind more. I mean, the Bore trails cable and stuff behind it, doesn't it? And it's mostly just empty tunnel until we get to a new destination, so the walk wouldn't be that dangerous.

In terms of gameplay, I think easy movement along the line of the Bore's progress would be good. Means we wouldn't be stuck waiting for people turn after turn.
One wheel short of a wagon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 13, 2017, 06:44:36 am »

You were stuck waiting for a driver, since your primary pilot had absconded with the crawler to chase butterflies and look at pictures.

I can't really see ease of movement between zones as being realistic within the setting of the game. It's a lot of distance to cover, for one thing. and some of it is perfectly vertical.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 13, 2017, 07:06:20 am »

You were stuck waiting for a driver, since your primary pilot had absconded with the crawler to chase butterflies and look at pictures.

I can't really see ease of movement between zones as being realistic within the setting of the game. It's a lot of distance to cover, for one thing. and some of it is perfectly vertical.
As long as they have a crawler they should be fine and also if someone is left behind due to the five hours time to drill a square it shouldn't take them that long to catch up
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 13, 2017, 07:23:45 am »

No reason why the cables we lay behind us shouldn't be grippable. Also no reason why the crawler can't cut into the earth in an easily-climbable pattern. Like spiral grooves.

One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 14, 2017, 08:35:57 am »

Hey PW, in the irc it was pointed out that the standard diving suit has natural 10 armor (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162123.msg7365886#msg7365886) while not giving any penalties (despite being described as heavy/cumbersome) and seemingly no endurance requirement. Is this as it's supposed to be? If yes, the soldier's suit becomes a rather useless item, and everybody basically get free 10 armor at no cost.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 18, 2017, 08:44:36 pm »

I'd say that higher mechanical levels should require combining more objects of a lower mechanical level, with a chance of failure. shouldn't be able to just smash two mech 4s (or five mech 3s) to gether to make a mech 5. And one should only be able to leap one level from the base item, so that seven hundred mech 1 items should not imediately become a mech 4, but must be combined into hundreds of mech 2 which combine into a handful of mech 3 which combine into one mech 4, again with an accelerating rate of failure, including possible damage to the items, rendering them nonfunctional and useless for combining.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 18, 2017, 08:47:27 pm »

...Yeah, he did say no to my Weirdness Distillery, which is the same thing applied to a different tag.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 19, 2017, 07:57:11 am »

True, but complex machines really are combinations of simpler machines, so in this case it is not entirely unreasonable.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 19, 2017, 09:56:14 pm »

How and where do you sign up for this section of the board?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 19, 2017, 10:40:18 pm »

Just post a sheet in DIG's thread, and you're in, just like any other forum game.  There's nothing special about the board, it was just meant to contain the massive Einsteinian Roulette game, which would've eaten half of RTD's first page without its own board.  Now, it's kinda just PW's little clubhouse, but don't tell anyone!

...I try not to talk much about DIG's mechanics, but give your char a higher mind than body, unless they're an engineheart.  And max all the stats you intend to use--a stat at 80 is much better than one at 50 and one at 30.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #732 on: May 22, 2017, 10:15:36 am »

...Yeah, he did say no to my Weirdness Distillery, which is the same thing applied to a different tag.
I also said no to it because machines are something humans can produce. Weird is supposed to be beyond human.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 22, 2017, 02:13:09 pm »

While you're here, care to give your thoughts on the following?

Hey PW, in the irc it was pointed out that the standard diving suit has natural 10 armor (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162123.msg7365886#msg7365886) while not giving any penalties (despite being described as heavy/cumbersome) and seemingly no endurance requirement. Is this as it's supposed to be? If yes, the soldier's suit becomes a rather useless item, and everybody basically get free 10 armor at no cost.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 24, 2017, 05:11:21 am »

How the hell would I know what depth to go to? I'm a bloody hamster! Just dive till it seems like I could grab some power.

((By the way egan, are you trying to sneakily hide in the backpack, or can I assume Joshua knows he has a hamster hitching a ride?))
((I'm not trying to be sneaky about it, but then again I'm not trying to be seen either. Why don't you roll that Find stat of yours?~))

Let's not mince words here: are you or aren't you trying to hide and be sneaky? Normally I wouldn't really care, but if you're gonna dive too deep and explode into monsters (again!) while in my backpack it'd be nice to know what my character knows IC'ly beforehand, so I can toss the backpack before the monsters come out without being meta about it.

As much as I like homages to original Alien movie, I could do without them chestbursting through me on their way into the world.  :P

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51