Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 73325 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #735 on: May 24, 2017, 06:28:56 am »

Well, a hamster wouldn't be able to climb in a backpack while it was being worn, so he likely climbed in when the backpack was unattended.  And hamsters aren't very loud creatures, especially not when they have a very high skill in hiding, so he probably climbed in relatively soundlessly.

Even if Joshua were happening to be facing the right direction while it happened, he's remarkably unobservant, to the point that he couldn't see someone sneaking up on him from directly ahead, so it seems quite doubtful that he could see the hamster even if it were deliberately being quite overt.  Which it wasn't.

Good luck~

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 24, 2017, 06:46:17 am »

Well, a hamster wouldn't be able to climb in a backpack while it was being worn, so he likely climbed in when the backpack was unattended.  And hamsters aren't very loud creatures, especially not when they have a very high skill in hiding, so he probably climbed in relatively soundlessly.

Even if Joshua were happening to be facing the right direction while it happened, he's remarkably unobservant, to the point that he couldn't see someone sneaking up on him from directly ahead, so it seems quite doubtful that he could see the hamster even if it were deliberately being quite overt.  Which it wasn't.

Good luck~
On the bright side monsters are generally very noticeable so if something starts coming out of your backpack you will probably notice.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 24, 2017, 06:59:54 am »

It's been a couple of turns now. If Joshua hasn't seen the hamster by now, it's too late. Looks like the hamster crawled in while Joshua was stuffing things into the pack, or shortly after, based on post sequence.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #738 on: May 24, 2017, 10:44:06 am »

While you're here, care to give your thoughts on the following?

Hey PW, in the irc it was pointed out that the standard diving suit has natural 10 armor (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162123.msg7365886#msg7365886) while not giving any penalties (despite being described as heavy/cumbersome) and seemingly no endurance requirement. Is this as it's supposed to be? If yes, the soldier's suit becomes a rather useless item, and everybody basically get free 10 armor at no cost.
ugh.

I feel like turning this into a completely different system.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 24, 2017, 02:08:54 pm »

...I'm not sure whether I've spoken up too much or too little in regards to DIG's system.  I've been deliberately trying not to complain about every little exploit I see, yet I haven't entirely refrained (I'm the one who caught the diving suit thing, for instance).  I'm wondering if I should've just made a laundry list of issues at the beginning, like I usually do.  :-\

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 24, 2017, 02:13:08 pm »

I say, just leave the system as is, and keep editing things as they are brought up, until the system is a giant, unweildly, monstrousity of clunky, absurd, illogical nonsense and collapses into a gaming singularity (names Radio Controlled). Meanwhile, we'll ride the nuke to the inevitable end, waving our hats and shouting "Yeehaw!" as the wind whips through our hair and gravity takes us to our fate.

In terms of the diving' suit's armor - just make it clunky enough to be inoperable in combat, or cause it to give maluses to move and dodge scores or something.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 24, 2017, 06:18:26 pm »

I say just get rid of the diving suits armor, and allow people to wear armor underneath it. As making it unwieldy would basically mean you have to instakill people if you want to do any kind of under water combat.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 24, 2017, 06:19:40 pm »

Unless they're enginehearts~
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 24, 2017, 11:24:09 pm »

I say just get rid of the diving suits armor, and allow people to wear armor underneath it. As making it unwieldy would basically mean you have to instakill people if you want to do any kind of under water combat.
why would we want to do underwater combat? And if we do, why wouldn't we make armor for that purpose?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 24, 2017, 11:29:30 pm »

why would we want to do underwater combat? And if we do, why wouldn't we make armor for that purpose?
Because sometimes the things we want to punch happen to be underwater.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 24, 2017, 11:52:08 pm »

We have a zombie starfish and two mechanoids for that. Thats 200% more underwater combatants than Deep Combatants. And yes, I am including the hamster in my calculations of Deep Combatants.

And PW has already said we don't need another Diver.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 25, 2017, 01:06:32 pm »

ugh.
I feel like turning this into a completely different system.

Just take things to the next level and roll dice to generate your systems.

I say, just leave the system as is, and keep editing things as they are brought up, until the system is a giant, unweildly, monstrousity of clunky, absurd, illogical nonsense and collapses into a gaming singularity (names Radio Controlled). Meanwhile, we'll ride the nuke to the inevitable end, waving our hats and shouting "Yeehaw!" as the wind whips through our hair and gravity takes us to our fate.

Well, they do say nukes release a lot of radioactivity...

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 29, 2017, 07:29:58 pm »

Run back to the bore and get on the cannons. Prep and aim but dont fire this round

This is like, the fifth time someone has tried to *aim* the cannons on the Bore *through solid stone*

a) the cannons are immobile and only point directly out to the sides of the Bore
b) the room below is small - this isn't some giant cave complex where the bore can walk about freely on it's legs
c) the Bore is currently parked in a tunnel it dug itself. The cannons are curently facing the tunnel walls, and to turn them, one would have to turn the bore itself, inside it's own tunnel.

situational awareness, people.

I mean, if you really want to, I can have Legs drive the Bore on down into the cave. Then you can shoot the cave paintings everyone seems intent on destroying and looting, amongst other things.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 29, 2017, 11:11:48 pm »

I thought the room would be bigger and my gun hasnt done much so far
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 30, 2017, 03:09:01 am »

If the collapsed part of the cave is too troublesome to dig/blast through by hand we could drill through to see what lies beyond. After checking to see if it isn't filled with more bearers of bad news, of course.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51