Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Collapse: An RTD with Blades, Bows, Bandits, and Beasts!  (Read 17020 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Collapse: An RTD with Blades, Bows, Bandits, and Beasts!
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2017, 02:44:55 pm »

"Uuuuh, what the hell happened?" Try to remember what happened.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:28:59 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2017, 02:53:02 pm »

Your color.

Is red.

.-.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2017, 03:22:36 pm »

"What should we call him, Lance? I'm thinking Mister Bones."

So we've basically checked all the temples, right? If so, check either the hospital or the guard barracks, whatever is closer by. Stick to the more concealed routes as always.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2017, 03:45:23 pm »

go into the alchemy lab.

Sorry for such short answers, but I've got little time right now. Sorry.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2017, 06:51:00 pm »

*poke*

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2017, 05:49:14 pm »

Sorry for the long wait, I have a lot of stuff going on.

[/quote

You manage to recall little of what happened before your companion beckons you to follow him into an alchemy lab. You dutifully follow, bewildered and shifty.

go into the alchemy lab.

Sorry for such short answers, but I've got little time right now. Sorry.

Not a problem.

You enter the lab. Potions of all colors and sizes line the shelves. You daren't touch any, and continue down the lab, past rows of strange dried herbs and the like. How cliche. You continue down the lab. You finally spot an exit, a hole in the ceiling with a ladder extending down. Daylight pours through it! You start scrambling up the ladder, when one of the rungs on the ladder emits a loud click. The ladder falls to pieces, and you fall on your ass. The exit to the lab is obscured by a slab of stone, and water starts filling the room at an uncomfortably rapid rate. You wonder whether you should return back the way you came or press on through the lab.

"What should we call him, Lance? I'm thinking Mister Bones."

So we've basically checked all the temples, right? If so, check either the hospital or the guard barracks, whatever is closer by. Stick to the more concealed routes as always.

You scout the nearby area, but don't get near any hospitals or barracks. You do, however, run into an underling den. It's a burrow that stretches endlessly into the earth. A handful of the beasts, guarding the entrance, spot you and attack.
Combat log

Underling guard 1 charges Lance, bowling him over! The two of them start grappling!
Underling guard 2 charges you! You sidestep, and the beast crashes into a nearby wall.
Underling guard 3 prepares to spring at you!
Lance struggles with Underling guard 1!
You fire a crossbow bolt at Underling guard 3, wounding its left shoulder!
Underling guard 1 struggles with Lance!
Underling guard 3 springs at you, raking your side with a chitin covered claw! -6 hp
Underling guard 2 struggles to its feet.
Lance hurls Underling guard 1 off of him, and follows up with a swift attack!
You fire your crossbow at Underling guard 1! You strike it in the chest, and it retreats into its burrow!
Underling guard 2 follows Underling guard 1 into the burrow!
Underling guard 3 snarls and pounces on Lance, but Lance counters with a quick slash and the beast dies!

Bow proficiency +1!

Travel further south into the Electrum district. Once again, be discreet.

You get well into the center of the Electrum District, and encounter nothing, hostile or otherwise. You do find a crude cloth mask made out of plaid fabric, however. It seems worthless as armor, but why would someone even create it if it had no use? You decide to take it to be safe.
You get

Crude cloth mask - 0 defensive power, does ?

Eat if I'm hungry, and wait for someone to come and interrogate us.

You and Nate partake of the meager meal when a loud rap at the door outside your cell startles the guard. He immediately unlocks the door, and an old man in a relatively tight fitting robe steps inside, accompanied by some guards. He introduces himself as Elzukir, and apologizes for detaining you and Nate. He offers to let you go, or even allow you to stay, if you answer some questions of his. You agree, and answer all of them truthfully. You're rather astounded when he lets you go.

"I'll give you two a choice, as I have given all the others who have been in your position - you can live here, or you can continue wandering the wasteland outside. If you choose the latter, I will provide you with a few supplies." says Elzukir.

Tend to my wounds. Find out what jobs I can do around the Raider's camp.

You tend to your wounds.

+5 hp!
+1 hp! (Wynnter)

You spend a while looking around for a good job to take, but find little besides menial tasks such as hauling barrels of food and cleaning out the stables. You accept a job organizing and cleaning weapons. After paying for a meal, you make only a handful of coppers in profit.
You get

Copper drachma x 9

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2017, 02:29:51 am »

No turning back! Keep going!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2017, 03:31:36 am »

You accidentally made the entire thing a quote btw Rethi. "Am I allowed to break the fourth wall? Anyway, onwards through the lab!"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2017, 07:42:32 am »

Inquire about what, if anything, we would have to do in order to stay. Ask about how safe the town is.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2017, 09:14:34 am »

Keep looking for jobs. Tend to my wounds.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2017, 11:11:17 am »

"I don't think we want to go in there. How about you?"

Skedaddle from the burrow now that the guards have fled. Head towards the nearest building whose location I can remember and that seemed like it could be fortified succesfully.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2017, 02:09:52 pm »

Further examine the cloth mask. Any special markings, or anything that may hint to it's purpose ? Then, travel even further south, towards the Pewter District.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2017, 10:16:03 pm »

You accidentally made the entire thing a quote btw Rethi. "Am I allowed to break the fourth wall? Anyway, onwards through the lab!"

You start running, screaming with fervor about water spiders. You easily pass your companion and make it to the exit. You even pick up a cool frog! You like frogs. Because they eat spiders.
You get

Multicolored oozing cave frog

No turning back! Keep going!

You press onwards, wading forth as the water level rises... and rises... and rises...

This doesn't look good.

You start paddling furiously, trying to gain momentum. You propel yourself into the exit! That was close.

What lies before you now is a puzzlebox, it seems. Runes of all sorts cover the box, with levers and the like everywhere. Here's the runes, in order from left to right and top to bottom, on the box right now.

Orb, Square, X
X, Square, Square
Orb, X, Orb

The Xs are blue, while the orbs are yellow and the squares are red. On the wall next to the box are 13 levers, marked one through thirteen respectively.

You do some more inspecting, and see that there's a second puzzle, just like this one, on another wall! You feel a strange compulsion to solve your puzzle faster than your companion solves his. It seems that the feeling is mutual, because your companion is already inspecting his puzzle!

Which lever do you pull, and which lever will your now rival pull?

Inquire about what, if anything, we would have to do in order to stay. Ask about how safe the town is.

"Ah, a question I have been asked before." says Elzukir. "In order to stay, you must simply help in the farms, and during the occasional Raider attack, although the last siege was about four months ago. It's much safer here than out there, and you needn't do much except follow the rules to live here. The rules are quite simple - murder, theft, and brawling are not tolerated, and if you engage in such activities, you will be expelled from the fort."

Huh.

Keep looking for jobs. Tend to my wounds.

You tend to your wounds, again. With the help of a field medic, you're able to patch yourself up quite nicely.

+9 hp!

It seems that there are no jobs currently available, although a group of Raiders is preparing for a scouting mission. There's no payment for joining with them, but you get to keep anything you find.

"I don't think we want to go in there. How about you?"

Skedaddle from the burrow now that the guards have fled. Head towards the nearest building whose location I can remember and that seemed like it could be fortified succesfully.

You run. Fast. You eventually make it to a nearby constabulary. It's a squat building with thick walls and a secret exit, perfect for what you want to do.

Further examine the cloth mask. Any special markings, or anything that may hint to it's purpose ? Then, travel even further south, towards the Pewter District.

You examine the mask. Nothing distinguishes it from any other cloth mask. You travel further on. Your throat gets dry as you continue onwards, and you get a severe headache... as you go further South, the headache gets worse, until your vision is fuzzy and your head burning with pain. You see a number of glowing blue mushrooms around you...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2017, 10:21:38 pm »

"We don't really have much experience farming, but we could join the town guard, help keep the town safe if that's agreeable."

On an OOC note, is the militia something that exists, or was it a pre-collapse organization?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2017, 10:26:24 pm »

"We don't really have much experience farming, but we could join the town guard, help keep the town safe if that's agreeable."

On an OOC note, is the militia something that exists, or was it a pre-collapse organization?

The Kanthaan militia was a pre-collapse organization. When the catastrophic series of events began, the militia set up a number of "safeholds" for survivors, one of which is the one you're currently at.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10