Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Collapse: An RTD with Blades, Bows, Bandits, and Beasts!  (Read 17006 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Collapse: An RTD with Blades, Bows, Bandits, and Beasts!
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2017, 10:34:15 pm »

Prepare to go on the scouting mission.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2017, 10:34:54 pm »

Ok, thanks  :)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2017, 03:28:01 am »

"FROG PROTECT ME!!!!" MAKE THE WATER SPIDERS GO AWAY!!!!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2017, 09:11:45 am »

Try to see if getting close to the mushrooms makes it worse. Maybe you're allergic to their spores. If that isn't it, try to find some place to shelter yourself from the sun and heat.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2017, 01:35:47 pm »

"Errr.... err..... God damnn it! I hate puzzles! Errr... Screw it!" Pull ALL the levers!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2017, 02:32:44 pm »

Scout the building and see if there anyone outside of it. If there isn't, try to enter it through the secret exit if possible, or just the front door if not.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:06 pm »

"FROG PROTECT ME!!!!" MAKE THE WATER SPIDERS GO AWAY!!!!

You scream, throw the frog at a wall, and pull lever number four in a panic. Your puzzle now looks like this:

Orb, Square, X
Square, X, Square
Orb, X, Orb

"Errr.... err..... God damnn it! I hate puzzles! Errr... Screw it!" Pull ALL the levers!

You pull a bunch of levers. When you're done, your puzzle looks like this:
Square, Square, X
X, X, Orb
Orb, Orb, Square

Say, those giants spikes descending from the ceiling look mighty friendly!

NOTE: I will do other actions later on, these two are rather important and so I did them as soon as I could.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2017, 04:09:00 am »

It's the second challenge now, doesn't that mean we're no longer in this? Or do we continue in this, and also do the other thing? NVM, misread something. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH SPIKE SPIDERS!!!!!!" RUN AWAY FROM EVERYTHING DANGEORUS AHHSHJRUI RFRUFUJRUVIEVDIBHISOTUINEVGUIW!12CF3545B];C'';
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:55:30 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2017, 06:01:32 am »

It's the second challenge now, doesn't that mean we're no longer in this? Or do we continue in this, and also do the other thing? NVM, misread something. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH SPIKE SPIDERS!!!!!!" RUN AWAY FROM EVERYTHING DANGEORUS AHHSHJRUI RFRUFUJRUVIEVDIBHISOTUINEVGUIW!12CF3545B];C'';

You're red.

Pull lever 13. Also inspect the levers for any markings, and if they exist, translate tchem with my book.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2017, 09:48:32 am »

The spikes are descending on your rival. You just rock back and forth muttering about spiders.

You're red.

Pull lever 13. Also inspect the levers for any markings, and if they exist, translate tchem with my book.

Besides lever 13 having a skull emblazoned on it, none of the levers have anything special on them. You try pulling lever 13, but it won't budge. Well. That's nice.

Gwolfski has perished, impaled by a =menacing iron spike=.

It has been an honor to host a forum runner challenge.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2017, 09:50:10 am »

Accidental double post removal services has slated this post for removal.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 10:16:14 pm by Rethi-Eli »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2017, 01:10:43 am »

Prepare to go on the scouting mission.

You prepare your weapons and set out. You and Wynnter are with three other Raiders, who introduce themselves as following.

Renovic, the squad leader, is a tall human armed with a bow and armor-piercing arrows. He's a tall brown-haired human with visible musculature, even beneath his scaled leather armor. He seems amiable, and talks with you and Wynnter frequently. You notice that he tends to limp a little.

Fiora, a dark-skinned dwarf clad in extremely heavy armor, trails behind Renovic, constantly vigilant. She wields a huge crescent axe, taller than her. She's friendly, but coarse in nature, making not so mature jokes every now and then to lighten the mood, and taking swigs from a canteen of rum at her side.

Revenant, as they were introduced to you by Renovic, brings up the rear in your scouting group. They're wearing a mask and tinted goggles, showing you nothing of their face. Their armor consists of a full-body black and grey vest, black leather leggings, grey boots, and a slate gray cloak. They wield a wide assortment of knives, lined up inside their cloak. They haven't said a single word since you left.

You make good distance. A stray underling guard attacks you, and is quickly dispatched by Renovic, but otherwise you encounter no enemies. You set up a camp and eat a meager meal before heading out again. Perhaps you could gain some useful information from talking to somebody.

Try to see if getting close to the mushrooms makes it worse. Maybe you're allergic to their spores. If that isn't it, try to find some place to shelter yourself from the sun and heat.

You draw closer to the mushrooms. Sure enough, you see one of them eject a cloud of pale blue spores into the air, and your headache grows worse.

-3 hp!

You try to crawl away, but these spores are sapping your strength quickly, and there's no shelter in sight. You need to think fast!

Scout the building and see if there anyone outside of it. If there isn't, try to enter it through the secret exit if possible, or just the front door if not.

The secret exit was designed to hold off intruders and let people escape, so while exiting the building through it is easy, entering through it isn't. You enter through the front door. As you expected, the building is looted, but seems to be in working order. You barricade the front door and take a much-deserved rest.

"We don't really have much experience farming, but we could join the town guard, help keep the town safe if that's agreeable."

On an OOC note, is the militia something that exists, or was it a pre-collapse organization?

Elzukir nods, and flashes you a friendly smile.

"You and your young companion are both welcome to stay as long as you want. Gret here will show you your new housing accommodations."

The guard greets you, introduces himself as Gret, and leads you out of the prison into what looks like a small town. A normal one. He leads you to a small cottage in a state of semi-disrepair.

"These are your quarters. Work to buy better ones or patch this old house up. Farms are to the East, barracks to the North, major exits to the North and South. Markets are just to the South. If you have any questions, come down to the barracks, knock on the door of barrack 04, and ask for me."

That went well!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2017, 01:34:21 am »

Assess our new home and see what we can fix at this time, and what will need to be fixed later.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2017, 07:32:23 am »

Put the crude mask over your nose and mouth to stop the spores from infiltrating your body and move as far away from the mushrooms as you can.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:37:32 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2017, 03:22:22 pm »

Reinforce the barricade and make sure the ground floor windows are also boarded up.

Then look over the building again for any usable items, maybe there were things the looters couldn't get because they were hidden or behind a lock or something.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10