Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: You Can't Die: General Thread (with links)  (Read 1429 times)

germanyfrance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You Can't Die: General Thread (with links)
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:16:07 am »

Someone (damn you, Crazyabe  :P) requested a general thread for my "You Can't Die" series of community stories. I guess I'll post in here whenever I start a new one in the future, so people can PtW in here and jump on right away. And I guess I'll stick links to all the old ones here as well.

Completed Stories
You Can't Die
The original, the one that started it all. Don't expect pretty writing, or any semblance of a plot, but it is still pretty funny to read.
"Plot" Synapsis: An african dude is defeated in battle, and captured, but then escapes, accidentally rides a nuke, becomes god, kills an entire army, saves the day.

You Can't Die 2
Probably my favorite one of the bunch, decent plot (considering I made it up as I went) and you ride a dragon named Fluffles. Good Times.

You Can't Die: Cosmological Complication
Started out rough, but action picked up in the end again. You are a secret agent fighting aliens in space.

You Can't Die: Medieval Meyhem
The opposite of the last one. Good start, but I ran out of steam at the end. Also, only one person was suggesting for the second half of it. You're a peasant who becomes a knight and fights in a tournament... And also accidentally destroys a castle in the process.

You Can't Die: Technology Takeover
By far the shortest one (that I completed) Somehow, this one also involves riding a nuke, but this time it was on purpose.

You Can't Die: Space Shenanigans
I like this one a lot too, I have to say it had the most coherent plot, and lots of good action. Plus, it was in space, which I like. But no aliens this time.

Abandoned Stories Either I got bored, or there wasn't enough interest. Probably not worth reading, but you do you.
You Can't Die 3
I tried to come up with an entire story beforehand, but since I knew how it ended, I didn't have the motivation to write the actual story. Which is unfortunate, because I think I put the most effort in this one. Story is a mashup of zombies and Mad Max with some biblical themes.

You Can't Die: Guerilla Guardian
The USA is being invaded by NAZIS. You and your hunting eagle need to defend it. AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

I am pretty sure there was another one that I didn't finish, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Oh well, it probably wasn't worth reading.

You Can't Die: A Humble Hero
A fantasy story with video game logic. A parody of RPGs.

in progress
You can't die: Benevolent Beasts
Two characters with two stories. A centaur, and Goro from Mortal Kombat. Pick one and watch their stories eventually meet up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:26:13 pm by germanyfrance »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: You Can't Die: General Thread (with links)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 10:21:30 am »

PTW  :P
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 11:27:26 am »

It's actually my series, but germanyfrance (my brother) jokingly submit this. No harm done, but hopefully he'll still update.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:13:42 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 11:28:30 am »

He's my brother. By the way.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 11:30:56 am »

I have written like, 2 A4 pages long of how story thievery is wrong and what a terrible human being he is.

Now I have 2 lines to say how useful this thread will be.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

germanyfrance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 11:33:46 am »

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 05:21:53 pm »

Just to be clear, I actually don't care about "owning" this series at all. If anybody wants to make their own "You Can't Die" story, They can do so.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 10:49:56 pm »

I enjoyed humble hero. It got a couple votes on the Top Forum Games thread.
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 10:07:07 am »

I started a new story, this time with two characters. You pick one of them, and don't peek at the other character until the story is over.
here is a link to the OOC thread.

germanyfrance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »

Alright, I updated the OP. Also, this new one needs some more people. (This isn't shameless self-promotion since I don't wrote these  :P)