Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What additional things would you like to see added?

Character Information sheets for dorfed characters.
- 1 (12.5%)
Lore sheets
- 0 (0%)
Music links for the mood
- 0 (0%)
Descriptions of how some of the mods work from time to time
- 2 (25%)
Kill counts for dorfed people
- 2 (25%)
All of the above
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The tale of cobaltcopper (Accepting dorfings, MASTERWORK, Pictures, Story!)  (Read 7295 times)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile

"Nobody would've belived, in the early first century, that the dwarves would go to the forests near the lands of the succubi. and yet, slowly but surely, they set up a fortress. And that fortress, is cobaltcopper."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"My name is Urist McWells. I am the overseer of Cobaltcopper. I give orders safely from the safe haven given by the dwarven gods, while I watch and help the, as of now, 16 dwarves which maintain this foothold, survive and thrive. I have just started to write these entries, and I suspect many things will happen. Until then, Urist McWells, signing off."

(We will be drowning in references by the end of this. Backstory flashbacks, General details, etcetera. Expect to see MUCH more in the way of references to many things.)

Current dorfed guys

Whitelighter 2, Engraver (And basically, jack of all trades) 2 kills

Ryukan Airith, Mason/ Baron Baroness,

Kamani, Miner no kills that I know of

FakerFangirl, Naga woman axeman: 1 kill

GigMaster, some military dude. 9 kills
KeyboardCrusher Some military fucker : 5 kills

Myself as wells: KING!: No kills
MGSV Pequod: Pequod, one kill

Ironfang, Blacksmith. No kills

Notable units with no special names.

Some naga men and naga women (Mercinaries)
Helmet snake people (Mercenaries)

Most of the nobles are free to use.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:03:01 pm by ReynTheLord »
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

WhiteLighter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The tale of cobaltcopper (Accepting dorfings, MASTERWORK)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 01:38:45 am »

Dorf me up, don't have Succubi activated in my games so keen to watch the !!fun!! unfold. An engraver, if possible? Otherwise whoever is good. A scribe perhaps...

Edit: nice WotW reference :)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:10 pm »

Dorf me up, don't have Succubi activated in my games so keen to watch the !!fun!! unfold. An engraver, if possible? Otherwise whoever is good. A scribe perhaps...

Alright, Going to get this started, whitelighter the engraver... Gonna do my next update soon...

Edit: Glad you got the reference. Note, this may or may not be reference filled, and there will be more from the war of the worlds. also, Urist mcwells is a less than subtle not to HG wells. HG and HP sound awfully similar now that i think of it... wink wink, nudge nudge, next overseer urist mclovecraft
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:31:36 pm by ReynTheLord »
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 02:11:28 pm »

"Before we could initiate our new engraver, a tragedy struck. somehow our broker managed to haul his ass to the other side of the river. We are currently working on rescuing him"

EDIT:
"We managed to get little timmy out of the well"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:21:31 pm by ReynTheLord »

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 02:44:03 pm »

A horrific sight, mamothwomen arrived, and have begun to shit the place the fuck up, to put it in the words of the masses. We will lay low for now, but if they attack, we will be ready.

Note, They left.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:44:33 pm by ReynTheLord »

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 05:05:23 pm »

We have a new wave of imigrants. We are now at 39 dwarves and animals

Now, onto the stranger issues

"I have received reports, some bad, some strange yet good. First of all, our miners have been encountering "Awakened stone", monsters which rise when we strike the earth.... This is concerning. the other report is that our inn/tavern is sucsessful. The strage part? Kobolds, nagas and snake people visit, calmly, in a rather friendly mood. It seems like relations with these races can improve after all."-Urist McWells

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 07:08:41 pm »

We have 50 members of our population now, including a snakeman who decided to join us as a mercenary.

Now, listen closely.

There's a dwarven city nearbye called omoth amost, which 10 of our dwarves came from. They have formed their own milita band, for us, lead by Roberto Zodost Asgerig. He wants to be "Militia captain number one", apparently, and has got his buddies to help him...

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Dorf me as Airith (if female) or Ryukan (if Male) please... Mason would be preferable
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I still remember years ago, when I was back in egar osor, a land which was home to not only dwarves, but people of all sorts of races. Succubi, Humans, Elves, Nagas, It was the "Land of many peoples..." I was but a simple writer back then, telling the many tales of egar osor... But things changed for the worse, I don't have the courage to write about it tonight..." Urist McWells

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dorf me as Airith (if female) or Ryukan (if Male) please... Mason would be preferable
Done, Ryukan has been dorfed! now, onto some story and reports.

"It seems we're doing better at making our fortress a proper establishment. We now have a mayor! the first thing he did? Mandate quivers. And we have barely any leather. We had enough, But I expect him to do it again. Also, a naga woman has joined us as a mercenary. She is to be brought into the royal guard, for diplomatic trust building reasons."

The mayor...

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(LORE TIME!)

Some people say that it's year 31. What a os.... It's thirty one years after the fall of the egar osor... The land of peace was attacked by many things. But the attack that ended the egar osor was from multiple sources. An evil corruption seeping through the land, forgotten beasts with three legs, rays of condensed heat, skin of metal, and deadly smoke... And all sorts of other things... I, Urist McWells, Am one  of the survivors from the Egar Osor, the Old Kingdom.... to translate it to common tongue. I still remember the horrors I faced, my best of friends going mad, and having to be slain by my hand, the giant metal beasts, taller than the tallest towers... And the undead armies I had to face. IN the end, My team of a few hundred dwarves were lowered to the single digits... the old kingdom belongs to the attackers...

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 07:30:22 pm »

"We have good news, and terrible news. Good news, Our population is steadily increasing, and we are able to accommodate, along with the fact that our security is increasing. Terrible news, WhiteLighter, The legendary engraver, has perished at the hands of an insane dwarf. they have been given a large tomb in memorial. A fellow engraver has been dubbed "Whitelighter II" In their honor

An image of the resting place of Whitelighter 1...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:45:09 pm by ReynTheLord »

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We have a large problem"

Some of our dwarves are "Opposed to life" all of a sudden. We are not in a damned evil area, and I'm pretty sure our food poisoning problem is solved. The question is, why is this happening?

On a more positive note, We're doing well otherwise, and as I said, the food poisoning is over.

Hopefully, those beasts from egar osor don't arrive.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:07:11 pm by ReynTheLord »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

If you can name a dwarf who is Opposed to Life, I will take one. Otherwise, can I be dwarfed as a miner?
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you can name a dwarf who is Opposed to Life, I will take one. Otherwise, can I be dwarfed as a miner?

Sure, Dorfing you as soon as I get back to DF (When school is over)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6