Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What additional things would you like to see added?

Character Information sheets for dorfed characters.
- 1 (12.5%)
Lore sheets
- 0 (0%)
Music links for the mood
- 0 (0%)
Descriptions of how some of the mods work from time to time
- 2 (25%)
Kill counts for dorfed people
- 2 (25%)
All of the above
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The tale of cobaltcopper (Accepting dorfings, MASTERWORK, Pictures, Story!)  (Read 7281 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

Okay. Thank you.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile

Okay. Thank you.
Dorfing completed.

Going to make a list of notable individuals, as in, non dwarves, high power ones, ect.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

Probably a good idea, since currently I have no clue who is who.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably a good idea, since currently I have no clue who is who.

I doubt I'd be able to do a full list, but I put a few of the notable ones up. I'm going to be doing some lore...
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

Could you name a naga woman after me and give her a shield, melee weapon, and training schedule?
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you name a naga woman after me and give her a shield, melee weapon, and training schedule?
Done!

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Backstory and a less than subtle reference

The old kingdom was a land of high technology, most of it forgotten.... The people who made those sorts of things were all killed in the evacuation,from what we know...

I still remember the evacuation, The forgotten beasts chased us out to sea, and there were many kinds of ships used for the evacuation. one ship, the amud tilat, as we call it in dwarven, was an elven warship, fit with the finest of weaponry at the time... It was valiantly used and sacrificed to secure our escape...

There were ships of shapes and sizes
Scatter out along the bay
And I thought I heard her calling
As the steamer pulled away
The Invaders must have seen them
As across the coast they filed
Standing firm between them
There lay amud tilat

Moving swiftly through the waters
Cannons blazing as she came
Brought a might metal war-lord
Crashing down in sheets of flame

Sensing victory was nearing
Thinking fortune must have smiled
People started cheering
"Come on amud tilat"
"Come on amud tilat"

The Forgotten beasts released their black smoke, but the ship sped on,
Cutting down one of the tripod figures
Instantly, the others raised their Heat Rays
And melted the amud tilat's valiant heart

Lashing ropes and smashing timbers
Flashing Heat Rays pierced the deck
Dashing hopes for our deliverance
As we watched the sinking wreck
With the smoke of battle clearing
Over graves in waves defiled
Slowly disappearing
Farewell amud tilat!
Slowly disappearing
Farewell amud tilat! [Repeat x 2]

When the smoke had cleared, the little steamer had reached the misty horizon,
And everyone was safe
But the amud tilat had vanished forever,
Taking with her dwarf's last hope of victory
The leaden sky was lit by green flashes, cylinder following cylinder,
And no one and nothing was left now to fight them
The Earth belonged to the Beasts.

(Fair use, all credit goes to the media that i was Unsubtly referencing. this is for the sake of parody, and I'm making no profit off of this)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:01:57 pm by ReynTheLord »

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More story!
"Back in the old kingdom, I had a few buddies which I tended to invite over for a drink or just consulted for stories of their lives. Whitelighter, an artilleryman, artist and stoneworker, was a close friend of mine. He and I shared many a drink, and many a story about the mountains. We may or may not have gone there to slay a dragon, and may or may not have found a few odd rings. He was a brave soul, and his death was a shock to me, and one of the first deaths caused by infighting..."

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I remember back when I was a young dwarf, I went around on many a journey between the cities of the old kingdom. I met someone who I ,originally as a joke (It grew on them later), called "FakerFangirl". She was a Naga of ThunderMurdered, and she and I tended to explore the wilds together. Even though the art of gunsmithing was not lost in that time, she always brought a shield with her, even if she was using a pistol instead of an axe. Whightlighter, whom I mentioned before, Was from Moria, a city which was abandoned by the time I met him. He was training in the use of artillery, but had already mastered the paintbrush, the chisel, the blade and the rifle. Ryukan was a young mason, someone I met In a town he called "Pisscaves" which I will always remember that town as, joined us out of boredom, and we became friends quickly. Kamani... He was An adventurer like me, wielding the battlepick of all weapons, even though we had firearms. and we still survived many battles, and many adventures. Ah, the good old days." Urist McWells
(May need to view image in seperate tab. it's a full screen screenshot, just right click and view image)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"There were so many friends and buddies and pals (Etc) I had, And I'll probably give their stories when they come to my attention. For Now, I am glad to see that they all survived the destruction of the old kingdom. I've gotten over whitelighter's death, and Whightlighter the second is Living up to the name, as he's a great friend to me as well"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Oh, so this is the fort that had the poisoned meal problem.

You're...taking the characters, these characters in year 31. And giving them some backstory.

Hardly in-game, but effective nonetheless....

...As for something that is in-game, the presence of jade means that you're in alluvial layers - might have clusters of platinum, cassiterite or gold, then.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile

Battlepicks are the only weapons usable for mining stone. That I can think of anyway.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so this is the fort that had the poisoned meal problem.

You're...taking the characters, these characters in year 31. And giving them some backstory.

Hardly in-game, but effective nonetheless....

...As for something that is in-game, the presence of jade means that you're in alluvial layers - might have clusters of platinum, cassiterite or gold, then.

Yeah, I'm just finding shitloads of platinum and gold.

also the backstory? Bit of a joke about the fact that my guys are over 40  years old sometimes, but it's only year 33 at this point

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"New mayor now. Her husband, an engraver was killed in the infighting. Oh, and about that, we found the source. Some kind of animal we were hunting had hallucinogenic properties somehow, and those didn't go away when cooked. I banned all meals of that type from being made, and Requested they were dumped. Oh, and, We have reached the underground caverns already, but... I feel like it's time to open the doors..."-Urist McWells.

"Oh and, Just in case an elf is reading this, our mountain home is a great place, Not just a mine. Don't call it that." 

(View image, as per usual, I find it obnoxious to get only a certain part)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:38:46 pm by ReynTheLord »

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have found adamantite. Raw adamatite, sure. But adamantite nevertheless. Also, along with that, a new layer of caves. I doubt we're prepared to delve into hell itself, but we could gear up...

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A day may come when our fort will fall, but today was not that day! We were raided by a large team of nagas and snake people. We fought back bravely, and suffered little to no casualties. Our charge was lead by captain "Robbie Rotten", as he calls himself, leading the oddly named squad, "We are number one." He may be odd, but he did save the fort, along with his squad. I give him my thanks."-Urist McWells

A low quality oil painting of Robbie rotten, hero of the day

(Unscripted, honeslty. I just managed to get this squad to win against a small raid somehow)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6