Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to regain good reputation  (Read 1414 times)

Strato1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to regain good reputation
« on: January 07, 2017, 02:35:17 am »

So, I'm playing an elf adventurer right now.  I went to a human city, and found a vampire to kill.  I accused  him of being a night creature (twice), which he confirmed with his response.  So, I killed him.  He was called an "exalted yearling" at one point, and also a fishery worker when looking back at the announcement log.  And...I may have beheaded him in the middle of a room full of all the city's nobles, warriors, and a couple commoners.

Now, everyone in the city (and possibly the whole civ) spits at me and calls me a murderer when I try to talk to them.  How do I regain a good reputation with them, so I will be able to actually interact with them again?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: How to regain good reputation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 04:52:48 am »

They won't let go of it, just set fires under vampires and let them "accidentally" burn to death.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 06:13:19 am »

I remember that a vampire I fought once ran like hell once I called him out on being a murderous blood sucker. I think they also attack you sometimes.

Next time, call them out and wait. If it runs, follow it. You may have to be fast, because vamps don't get tired. When it reaches a place with no people around, dispatch him. And don't tell anyone on that town. Just tell the guy that sent you to kill the vamp. I learned that I have to be careful to whom I tell about my killings.

Oh, and if he tries to attack you, just let him throw the first punch. They can't blame you for defending yourself, right? Don't quote me on that, I'm not sure. Common sense tends to not apply to DF.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 07:40:19 am »

A psychopath elf wanders into a human town from out of the wilderness, accuses the local baker who everyone loves (due, unknown to them, to his abnormally high social skills) of being a mythical beast. Out of earshot of everyone else the vampire whispers, yeah its me, and then the elf slices him apart.

And you wonder why everyone thinks you're a murderer...?

Strato1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 02:26:56 pm »

Thanks for the info.
A psychopath elf wanders into a human town from out of the wilderness, accuses the local baker who everyone loves (due, unknown to them, to his abnormally high social skills) of being a mythical beast. Out of earshot of everyone else the vampire whispers, yeah its me, and then the elf slices him apart.

Not ALL elves are psychopaths, you know...my elf is very unorthodox...she dislikes nature (actually started that way, before I customized her values/personality).

And I WOULD wonder why everyone thinks I'm a murderer, if it weren't for the facts that the vamp wore necklaces made from the bones of his victims, and he *yelled* out that I was a fool, and that he had defeated many opponents.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 03:18:06 pm »

He wasn't the baker, he was some sort of religious nobility.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 05:53:43 pm »

well you did murder the guy you are guilty of that and no matter how just a reason you can come up for killing him would hide the fact you indeed murder that priest/vamp, the vamp could be wearing the bones to remember them by... like dhalsim wears the skulls of the kids who died in his town as a vow to protect the ones still alive.
oh shoot he also probably been cursed by his god.

kinda why I don't murder anyone... that won't get tied back to me. as killing someone stains your rep and your elf will be remembered as the berserker who murdered their lifetime known friend.
also their ethics on murder of another sentient being is probably set as a law against it or capital punishment.
your best bet is becoming an author and write a bunch of autobiographies on why you murder that person, and how nuts you are.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 07:07:31 pm »

Hopefully from next release we can go vampire hunting under a different name so our murderous reputations don't stick with us.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 01:36:10 am »

Hopefully from next release we can go vampire hunting under a different name so our murderous reputations don't stick with us.
you end up becoming the very thing you seek to kill. like you could just become a soldier via getting a kill quest by a lord and/or becoming a hearthsperson.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 04:11:31 am »

People are still bummed out by you killing vampires even if you were ordered as a hearthperson.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 05:14:13 am »

Boyfriend: Your skin is so white, and you never answer calls in the morning. Are you a creature of the night?
Me: Yeah. I wake up in the afternoon cuz I play too much Dwarf Fortress.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username