Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What to do with a murderous goblin mayor with no preferences?  (Read 3611 times)

Nilbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with a murderous goblin mayor with no preferences?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 09:05:33 am »

Solitary is turning out to be a small complex.  There are two entrances, one for Madam Mayor to slaughter invaders to satisfy her bloodlust visit the outside and admire the scenery.  The second for resupplying the Mayor, if necessary, and for complaining about the poor management of the overseer that leaves children on the roof of the castle consultations and friendly advice from the citizens.  This I call the visitation room; it has metal bars separating the Mayor from visitors (protection, you know; she is rather evil and nasty intense) and an iron door.  It will have a guard posted.  Then there is a statue room, a dining/sitting/training room.  And then a nice bedroom, gold furniture for all of course.  There will be a collection of swords and armor for entertainment and training.

I do need blood though but don't want anything to knock down and beat up all the beautiful furniture disturb the Mayor during her work.  Anyway to explode a barrel or two of blood and/or venom?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 09:58:51 am »

Sort of. You can fling them out of barrels with minecarts, even into pools of water, or boil them away with magma.

This doesn't seem to have the hoped for effect.

Though I suppose if you have water flow you could smear the blood into walls - until somebody cleans it, at least.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 10:56:13 am »

The mayor will hardly be disturbed and likely get happy thoughts, if you build a cage with some simple captured critter and release it.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 03:34:57 pm »

Have you thought of having the Mayor carry out some Gladiatorial Games for the enjoyment of the Dwarfs?  Always a favorite among the crowds. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Nilbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 08:59:31 am »

Madam Mayor enjoys murder, mayhem, and slaughter a little excitement.  In Stabcaves, though, traps have been banned by the mountain home because they work way to well and can easily slaughter 100 goblins without a single dwarf losing a tongue, ear or finger are not dwarfy enough.  Maybe one or two cages to bring in a goblin or two for decoration purposes only...

Gladiator games are a good idea, but I'd think Madam Mayor would have to be the one giving the thumbs up or thumbs down.  All of the other residents are elf hating, goblin slaughtering, drunken braulin nice dwarves who don't deserve such fates.

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 12:13:51 pm »

Sounds like a pretty decent mayor overall. Doesn't eat, drink or make horrible mandates. I would wall her up in a deluxe prison cell "suite" and leave it at that. If worse comes to worse, when some fortress ending calamity happens she can rise from her tomb and give the fort a second chance at life. Just be sure to give a her a set of high end armor and a nice weapon so her clothes don't wear away. The nice possessions should also help keep her sane and it's a plus in an end of the fort scenario since she will be well armed to clean up afterwards and rebuild.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:19:13 pm by Melting Sky »

Nilbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »

Madam Mayor, her excellency, is perfectly fine in her cell suite.  Strangely, in having finished her cell suite, I haven't had a dog come along in the trade caravans.  Once one comes, I will see about sending a screen shot.

Nilbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 06:11:14 pm »

Well, a dog has come along and I put it in the cell mayor's condominium and made it available as a pet.  Somehow, the Duke got word of it and adopted the dog.  Ugh.  No companion for the mayor and, worse yet, no way to make some dog soap with the Duke's new best friend (who doesn't need a new best friend, he's got two kids after all!  He needs to be a Dad and spend some quality time with them, like teaching them to not play by the moat, playing make believe instead of with toys located on the opposite side of the fort, and especially instructing them that they should not like cabinets and catapult parts once they inherit Stabcaves).

Madam Mayor seems happy though after being confined having her quiet time due mainly to her private statue garden.  When she gets cranky after training alone for months/years, she can be found staring at a masterpiece statue of her being elected mayor. So far, she has had only one demand, a gold cabinet in her bedroom, but it was already in her bedroom so all was well!  She has since forgotten the demand...

Any way to get the mayor to adopt a dog or two without letting anyone else beat her to the punch?

Also, I've never posted an image before and tried the magic button above.  Got two bracketed imgs... tried linking a .jpg dos style and cut and paste from a screen shot or .jpg, no dice.  How do you guys post an image?  I did a search as this is probably a redundant question but had no luck.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 06:31:21 pm »

I recommend a DEATH PIT filled with GOBLIN MAYORS.

Create a path that goes over a large area covered by a retracting bridge. Wait for groups of siegers to be over said pit and drop em' with a lever.

At the bottom of this pit will be the permanent and opulent, war-dog-filled and bloody home of GOBLIN MAYOR PUNCHY GOBLIN. Siegers will likely be stunned and/or injured from the fall. She and her brood of violence canines will dispatch any siegers and you will always have a happy mayor/safe populace.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Nilbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 06:41:26 pm »

That, my friend, is a very interesting idea. 

It just so happens that I can channel right in front of the entrance to the Stabcaves castle, have two layers of z levels of fall, and have the visitors enter into Madam Mayor's condominium.  I can even build a special room for the visitors that doesn't even bother the remainder of her home...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 07:26:24 pm »

That, my friend, is a very interesting idea. 

It just so happens that I can channel right in front of the entrance to the Stabcaves castle, have two layers of z levels of fall, and have the visitors enter into Madam Mayor's condominium.  I can even build a special room for the visitors that doesn't even bother the remainder of her home...

I am super excited by this.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 07:45:42 pm »

So far, she has had only one demand, a gold cabinet in her bedroom, but it was already in her bedroom so all was well!  She has since forgotten the demand...
Aw! You really know what a woman who is also murderous goblin ruler wants!

Any way to get the mayor to adopt a dog or two without letting anyone else beat her to the punch?
Well, you could start by putting all the other ones who love dogs to sleep, starting with the duke.
People don't sleep if you lock them outside their burrow, so that's a way to get them dead-tired and sleep for a while.

Alternatively, you could assign the mayor a hunting/war dog through v-p-war animals iirc.
Also, I've never posted an image before and tried the magic button above.  Got two bracketed imgs... tried linking a .jpg dos style and cut and paste from a screen shot or .jpg, no dice.  How do you guys post an image?  I did a search as this is probably a redundant question but had no luck.

Nilbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 08:20:28 pm »

I am super excited by this.

Me too.  Construction begins 6:00 am CST.

Aw! You really know what a woman who is also murderous goblin ruler wants!

Thank you Fleeting Frames!  I have been married to my murderous goblin ruler   sweet human wife for 13 years and have learned a few things!  Like she doesn't play DF...  I hope... or else Nilbert will be nil...

Got it!  Thanks!  I will put in post once murderous slaughter room with countless war dogs the happy fun chamber is added.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2017, 09:53:05 am »

If your gonna do that, you might also want to make an atom smasher for the mayor. The mangled and disfigured corpses of her victims that are torn asunder trash that builds up might be too messy.

Also, if you have an open air slaughtering pit greeting area, you should make it her statue garden so she gets sunlight and avoids cave adaptation. Wouldn't want to massacure the weak and dieing as they scream in vain for mercy chat with some buddies with an upset stomach.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2017, 09:58:01 am »

Goblins don't get cave adaptation, so that's not a problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3