Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Imperial Campaigns game 1 Recruitment 1/5 Spaces  (Read 565 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Imperial Campaigns game 1 Recruitment 1/5 Spaces
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:09:38 pm »

In over the last few months, I made a game.

I posted the manual on the second post in creative projects Here.

The appendix, which includes several things including the building list is Here.

For any discrepancies between the manual and the appendix, the manual supersedes the appendix. 

Whoever wants to play-test sign up here. 

This will be a balanced start.  Everyone will be on a level playing field with the following:

1 Town Center
1 House
1 Farm
1 School
1 Market. 

Size of the map will depend on the amount of players. 

I will be accepting max 8 players. 

I can help you guys start your game for the first few turns, but it is expected that the game plays without a GM.  I have posted the manual. 

Edit: The above is now changed, as I am in the game now. 

Feel free to role play at your own discretion.  I will be doing some kind of RP with my nation

Changing the rules is also allowed as long as all players agree on the change.  For example, changing some of the building costs and productions around. 

There are 8 colors available. 

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Teal
Blue
Purple
Black

I will randomly generate the order of turns, and who is next to who on the start of the game. 

I will also provide a spreadsheet that I will link to each player in a PM such that it will be editable.  It will include the map to play on, the appendix information, and a basic income sheet. 

Also, if someone has a better way of doing this, feel free to suggest it to me. 

There will be a forum for people to discuss their actions/diplomacy, where I will also ask for feedback.  This is ok, because there is no fog of war, and everyone can see everything. 

Things to note, units will have to share spaces with buildings on tiles.  The solution to this is pressing ctrl + enter to do a line break, and then entering the unit name on the other line.  Changes to strength and morale will be added to the right of a unit.  For successive units, simply add another line. 

Each nation will be defined by color.  There is a color for each nation in Google Spreadsheets, so I've got everything for that covered. 

Also, last thing, I'm willing to be variable on the map size.  I can delete or create new tiles at will, so even though at Google Spreadsheets starts with an initial 26x1000 size spreadsheet, but I can add columns and rows at will. 

Currently, I have decided that the map will be a 20x20 map. 

I will post the read only link to the game map here

Note, on game start, I will color the text of the buildings by player color. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:07:49 pm by alamoes »

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Campaigns game 1 Recruitment 1/5 Spaces
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:23:58 pm »

Several things. 

1.  Bump
2.  I'm playing in the game as the Black empire, as I now am able to.  This will also mean that I am willing to do much of the accounting for anyone who needs it, even though I think it should be fairly light work. 

3.  Questions.  Should this be in other games?  It will be played in google sheets, but I kind of expected diplomacy to take place in the forums, along with any after action reports. 

Anyways, fluff for the Black empire:

In the glorious year of our revolutionary calendar, 3056, the year our third consul took the throne and there was a shift in the republic towards expansion.  The Consul persuaded the people that the nation take the surrounding independent farms under military occupation as reprisal for high import prices of food.  This would mean stepping out of the city's splendid isolation, and into the regional politics.  The city has no standing military at the moment, and thus will offer an ultimatum to the surrounding region before it takes it by force.  Already, contracts are being made with distant lands that have newer, modern equipment to fuel the rise of the empire in exchange for commercial goods. 

In the early history of the Black empire, so called because their national color was black, there were many revolutions. Eventually, the populists defeated the monarchists, and they established a republic, using ancient titles.  They called themselves "The City Commune" (loosely translated), but were primarily known to others as the Black Empire.  The Black Empire was very much an insignificant city at this time, but would set it's sights on the region soon after.   It would was said to have played an important part in the brief regional wars that followed. 

4.  I've decided that the game will have only 5 players including myself.  Any of the colors are still valid choices. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:12:08 pm by alamoes »