Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Retired adventurer animal men still need to graze?  (Read 2801 times)

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Retired adventurer animal men still need to graze?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 12:15:25 am »

On a happier note, my first two elephant folks had a baby! I burrowed them in a small 3x3 space of grass with some drink stockpile and a bed. Because they graze fast I had to move them around in a couple small burrow spaces like that. It was a bit of a pain, but it worked out.

Congratulations! Any chance you could introduce us to the Elephant Child? What is his/her name and interests? Are they different to that of dwarf children?
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 12:58:38 pm »

Congratulations! Any chance you could introduce us to the Elephant Child? What is his/her name and interests? Are they different to that of dwarf children?

So I would have, but I'm currently trying to reproduce the occurrence. I tried moving some water out of a river for that fort, and crushed it to its knees with an unusable FPS. It would just hang there.

"No problem", I thought. I had a backup save but it's before the two Elephant people got married and pregnant. Since then, I haven't been able to repeat the occurrence. I couldn't seem to get the two to progress into a relationship and then marriage again.

So, I was recently informed by Lethosor that a tool existed in DFHack to force a marriage. I have since married the two using the tool and am waiting for them to have another child, which I will screen shot and post here once it happens.

As for the original kid, I didn't get the impression there was anything particularly out of place or different about him (you know, other than the fact that he was an elephant man). The preferences looked pretty in line with other dwarf babies in the fort. My guess is that children generate with the general values of the civ you are part of (give or take a little bit for the normal, built-in randomness), even if their parents are retired adventurers from elsewhere.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:00:12 pm by Walkaboutout »

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 05:41:08 pm »

So, to continue the hijacking of my own thread about grazing animal people, LOL, my elephant people had kids again. This time with an added twist!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First one:

Second one:

Pages: 1 [2]