Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Level Up III - Turn 2: ClassMart™: For All Your Vocational Needs!  (Read 14859 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roll to Level Up III is, like its previous incarnations, a semi-minimalist (emphasis on "semi-") RTD in which the only obvious goal is to gain levels, though there are plenty of other things to do. Experience can be obtained by killing monsters (and players!), performing actions, and merely surviving; upon levelling up, new skills, traits, and items can be obtained.

This edition of Roll to Level Up will use a new attribute system I've been working on; the gist of it is that you use Attribute Points to perform superhuman actions. This should hopefully strike a proper balance somewhere between everyone being aggressively mundane and everyone ascending into godhood and destroying the universe, both of which are less-than-ideal outcomes of minimalism.

What is your name?
What is your class?
What is your favourite colour?*

Spoiler: Blank "Sheet" (click to show/hide)

* For waitlisters: There's obviously no way to know what colours will be available when you get in, so don't bother.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:15:05 am by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level Up III - Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:23:45 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist (8) (open) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 12:52:06 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level Up III [0/~8]
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:27:41 pm »

Also reserved, just in case

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 04:29:05 pm »

Name: Festi
Class: Earth Mage
Favourite Colour: Ochre
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 04:30:59 pm »

Name: Joseph D.
Class: Paladin
Favourite Colour: Tomato

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 04:52:19 pm »

Name: Thragnar Naazash, the Orc
Class: Barbarian
Favourite Colour: Bold Red
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:03:57 pm by Ardent Debater »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 05:01:33 pm »

Name: Varies (no, really)
Class: Shapeshifter.
Favorite Color: Metallic Grey.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 05:06:06 pm »

Name: Ted
Class: Philosopher
Favourite Colour: Beige

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 05:14:17 pm »

Name: Ted
Class: Philosopher
Favourite Colour: Beige

Philosopher. Of course. OP. No...OOP. Over-overpowered. Just a few turns away from total enlightenment and godhood. [/sarcasm]
In all reality, though, could be interesting. I can see him discussing life after death with a skeleton, or the like.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 05:16:57 pm »

Name: Blabert
Class: Biologist
Favourite Colour: Green
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 05:24:23 pm »

6/8, almost there. We have a solid composition so far; biologist could heal and maybe poison, barbarian for physical damage, paladin for tanking (maybe instead offensive), Earth mage for magical damage (maybe heal), and I could be decent all around, maybe. Some sort of buffing occupation could be good, but Biologist of Philosopher might be able to fill that. Maybe a rogue-ish character, too. But, in the end, the remaining two players can be whatever they want to be.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 06:08:24 pm »

((Probably not going to be doing much damage. I'll probably be mostly creating golems and shifting the earth to put us in more advantageous positions. As a wise man once said, "It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!"))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 06:11:46 pm »

Name: Donald Trump Jack Bones
Class: Racist politician Necromancer
Favourite Colour: White Black
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 06:15:11 pm »

If that's the case, maybe the Philosopher could inflict non-physical damage by confusing the enemy by trying to make them comprehend concepts they spent years trying to understand, creating headaches for mental/sanity damage.

Edit: Ninja, maybe? (not as a class) crazyabe may be able to cause necrotic damage. Maybe not. Doesn't matter too much, though.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level Up III [7/~8]
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 06:25:21 pm »

Name: Lonnie Torvalds
Class: Barkeep
Favorite Color: Bold Brown
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:11:50 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7