Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Level Up III - Turn 2: ClassMart™: For All Your Vocational Needs!  (Read 14920 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level Up III [7/~8]
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 06:34:59 pm »

Buffer seems reasonable - striving to understand the deeper nature of the natural world and putting those findings into inane chants and pointless arguments, starting at minor encouragement and/or headaches, with the ultimate goal of convincing enemies they never actually existed and allies that we were never at risk of losing... or something.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:40:33 pm by Paphi »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »

Name: Tiger March
Class: Game Master
Favorite Color: Dark Blue
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 06:46:59 pm »

Name: Odium
Class: Parasite Armor (basically Soul Edge in armor form)
Favourite Colour: Purple
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 06:59:30 pm »

Name: George Kalen
Class: Jester
Favourite Colour: Pink
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level Up III [8/8 - Waitlist Open]
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 08:57:34 pm »

Name: Festi
Class: Earth Mage
Favourite Colour: Ochre
I think you mean orange

Name: Joseph D.
Class: Paladin
Favourite Colour: Tomato
Couldja find something more easily distinguishable from red, please? (If you can't, it's not the end of the world.)

Name: Thragnar Naazash, the Orc
Class: Barbarian
Favourite Colour: Bold Red
that's not a colour :v

Name: Varies (no, really)
Class: Shapeshifter.
Favorite Color: Metallic Grey.
Regular grey is fine, right?

Name: Ted
Class: Philosopher
Favourite Colour: Beige
Beige doesn't show up very well on the default forum scheme, so it'd be nice if you could change to something else.

Name: Blabert
Class: Biologist
Favourite Colour: Green
No problems here!

Name: Donald Trump Jack Bones
Class: Racist politician Necromancer
Favourite Colour: White Black
Black is the default text colour, so someone using it might create ambiguity. How does purple sound?

Name: Lonnie Torvalds
Class: Barkeep
Favorite Color: Bold Brown
please stick to colours, not colour-and-formatting combos (though brown isn't taken, I think)

Anyway, you're all in!

Name: Tiger March
Class: Game Master
Favorite Color: Dark Blue
Name: Odium
Class: Parasite Armor (basically Soul Edge in armor form)
Favourite Colour: Purple
Name: George Kalen
Class: Jester
Favourite Colour: Pink
You're all waitlisted!

Working on Turn 0 as we speak. It should be up sometime tomorrow, probably; I might have it done later this evening, but don't get your hopes up.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level Up III
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 09:11:01 pm »

Testing..1..2..3.. Yes! It works!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 09:35:33 pm »

Couldja find something more easily distinguishable from red, please? (If you can't, it's not the end of the world.)

Fuchsia work for you?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 09:51:49 pm »

White is the Default for me, and I dislike Purple, so How bout we go with Maroon or Navy?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 10:10:18 pm »

Fuchsia work for you?
Yes.

White is the Default for me, and I dislike Purple, so How bout we go with Maroon or Navy?
Maroon is fine.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eight heroes wake up in a clearing, groggy and dazed. They take a gander at their surroundings...

At the centre of the clearing, a dazzling red ruby floats in midair. It looks awfully valuable—it's the size of a human head!

The clearing, which is apparently square, is surrounded by a ten-foot-tall chain-link fence. Beyond the fence, there's a sidewalk, a road—a road that loops around the clearing, weirdly; the only exit is at the square's northwest corner—and then buildings.

Blabert, a biologist of above-average skill, finds his neighbors extremely interesting. To his right: a human who, though apparently normal, seems as if they might possess some sort of major biological secret. To his left: some sort of bizarre, unknown green-skinned humanoid. If he learns the details—by using his Biological Analysis skill on them, perhaps?—this could be the start of a new scientific era!

Festi, the only earth mage among the heroes, is intrigued by the red gem at the centre of the clearing. Earthen treasures don't get much more treasured than giant rubies!

Joseph, a low-ranking paladin of Bahamut, glares sternly at the necromancer standing across from him. He also glares at the improperly-dressed barbarian and (presumably) debaucherous bartender; just to be thorough, he glares at everyone else in the clearing, too. Finally, he turns his glare inward and reflects on his flaws.

Jack Bones does his best to ignore the paladin's dirty looks, but it's kinda hard—when you're a necromancer, knowing when a paladin is after you tends to be a valuable survival skill. At least they don't seem to have a weapon!

Thragnar is more interested in red blood than red rubies. He can loot after he finishes murdering everyone in the clearing.

The nameless shapeshifter sidles away from the scientist. It'd be unpleasant if someone found out about his secret—he might not be able to keep switching identities! Maybe he should turn into a bear and maul the guy to death.

Ted is too busy thinking about consciousness to pay attention to anyone else in the clearing.

Lonnie is on the verge of panic, because jesus christ half of the other people here are probably murderous psychopaths and he has no weapons. He feels like his silver barstool might help him, but how so? Isn't it just a trinket?

Attribute System Info & Character Sheets
XP Spreadsheet (spoiler alert: everyone's at 0/10)

Post your actions!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Festi's arm flicks towards the gem.

Come.

He tries to beckon the gem to him using Earth magic, as crystals such as rubies are just really special parts of the Earth. If it refuses, he just dashes towards it, moving the ground below him to speed himself up. He uses 1 extra MAG AP for either action to boost his success chance.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:50:22 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Festi's arm flicks towards the gem.

Come.

He tries to beckon the gem to him using Earth magic, as crystals such as rubies are just really special parts of the Earth. If it refuses, he just dashes towards it, moving the ground below him to speed himself up. He uses 1 MAG AP for either action to boost his success chance.
If AP is required for an action, it's deducted automatically. You can spend AP beyond what's required, but the results can be unpredictable—think Superman using his super-strength to open a door. It's helpful sometimes, though!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, new rule: you can spend SPD to boost your initiative roll. Those of you going for the ruby might be interested in that, I suspect.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:43:47 pm by Elephant Parade »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

"Well this is rather peculiar."

Use on Biological Analysis on Thragnar.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well this is rather peculiar."

Use on Biological Analysis on Thragnar.

"RAAAGH! THRAGNAR NAZZASH SMASH AND EAT LITTLE MAN!!!"

RAAAGH! THRAGNAR NAZZASH SMASH AND EAT LITTLE MAN!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7