Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Level Up III - Turn 2: ClassMart™: For All Your Vocational Needs!  (Read 14937 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

"H-hey guys, does anyone want a drink? I have the finest, um, beer.

Ohgodpleasedon'tkillme."

Pour a little beer on the barstool to see if anything happens. If anyone gets too close, hit them in the head with the barstool.

EDIT: Muh grammar
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:25:19 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, how about...Maroon? Is that taken? It is... Or Teal? Teal seems nice.

"Oh, I'd love a bit of wine! It lubricates the mind when taken moderately. May I sit, barkeep? A show seems on its way."

Sit, drink, and watch these feeble-minded beings shuffle and fight, contemplating the futility of greed and pride.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"New Bahamut Paladin Department representative here. I'd like to remind everyone that this ruby floating over there isn't your property. Also, chances are high it's a trap."

Give a little prayer to Bahamut (not the skill, just a general prayer) thanking him for putting me in the middle of what wil certainly be aconflict. Then see if there's a hole in the chain link fence or some other way to get out.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

(Just so you know, their name really IS Varies)

Varies wakes up, unsure of how she came to be here in the first place. Then, realizing they had taken their natural form, he tries to make themselves appear human again (should be pretty simple). He takes a quick look around, first noticing the scientist-y fellow and his brutish focus of attention. Not understanding why a sweaty brute would be so special other than their high testosterone, she looks further to the left, finding a waitress with some curious stool. Recognizing her worry, he tries talking to her, without getting too close.

Hello? Miss? Where'd you get the barstool? Did you want to sit on it? Did you want someone ELSE to sit on it?

Currently, no one was distinctly his friend or foe. Until he had a better understanding, he would try to keep things that way.

Edit: I just realized something..The barbarian's loincloth..isn't equipped. Our clothes are equipped, so that can only mean one thing..
Edit 2: When you say Attribute shift is permanent, you don't mean that I can't shift the point BACK into the stat lost from, or anything like that, right?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 09:13:52 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Varies wakes up, unsure of how she came to be here in the first place. Then, realizing they had taken their natural form, he tries to make themselves appear human again (should be pretty simple). He takes a quick look around, first noticing the scientist-y fellow and his brutish focus of attention. Not understanding why a sweaty brute would be so special other than their high testosterone, she looks further to the left, finding a waitress with some curious stool. Recognizing her worry, he tries talking to her, without getting too close.

Hello? Miss? Where'd you get the barstool? Did you want to sit on it? Did you want someone ELSE to sit on it?

Currently, no one was distinctly his friend or foe. Until he had a better understanding, he would try to keep things that way.

Edit: I just realized something..The barbarian's loincloth..isn't equipped. Our clothes are equipped, so that can only mean one thing..
Edit 2: When you say Attribute shift is permanent, you don't mean that I can't shift the point BACK into the stat lost from, or anything like that, right?

"RAAAGH! THRAGNAR  NAZZASH NO NEED CLOTHES!!!"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"RAAAGH! THRAGNAR  NAZZASH NO NEED CLOTHES!!!"

Two things: First, I can see a way of making it a weapon.. once things cool down, of course. Second, the Biologist should get a small boost to his roll for it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or Teal? Teal seems nice.
Teal is fine.

...that it was a typo!

Nah, it just means that it won't wear off or anything.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

I Stand around watching for the first person to start a fight and start slowly moveing towards the overtly contemplaiting guy.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...that it was a typo!

Yes. THAT is what I meant.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:06:36 pm by OceanSoul »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level Up III - Turn 1: It's Just Sitting There, Guys
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2017, 02:36:10 pm »

The Great One-Man Gem Scramble

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

[2] Festi attempts to will the ruby over to where he is, but the thing apparently isn't feeling it—it just hovers in midair, unaffected. [-2 MAG][+1 XP]

[1] He then begins to sprint toward it, attempting to will the ground to push him forward, but he screws up and the ground eats his feet. [-1 MAG][Buried Legs] (<-- hover for description!) [+1 XP]

Science Vs. Slaughter

"Well this is rather peculiar." Use on Biological Analysis on Thragnar.
[5] Scanning...
- Subject is Not Human
- Subject is Exceptionally Strong, Exceptionally Tough, and Of Above-Average Speed
- Subject is Prone To Fits Of Rage
- Subject is... [uninteresting biological data]
Scanning...
- Subject is Totally Unattuned, Absolutely Repulsive, and Not Particularly Lucky
- Subject name: Thragnar
- Subject Development Potential: 2 STR, 2 VIT, 1 SPD, 1 MAG
- Subject S0ul: Barbaric
- $ubject Lev%l: 1
- SudJ^ct Sk@#)#
$%^ $CAN TERMIN^TED @$%
[-½ MAG][+3 XP]

"RAAAGH! THRAGNAR NAZZASH SMASH AND EAT LITTLE MAN!!!" RAAAGH! THRAGNAR NAZZASH SMASH AND EAT LITTLE MAN!!!
[3 v. 6] Thragnar, practically berserk after only a minute, furiously swings his axe at Blabert; unfortunately, Blabert's analysis has apparently given him a good enough idea of Thragnar's capabilities to avoid his strikes. Or maybe he's just lucky—who knows? [Wide Open][+1 XP]

Beer Zone

"H-hey guys, does anyone want a drink? I have the finest, um, beer. Ohgodpleasedon'tkillme." Pour a little beer on the barstool to see if anything happens. If anyone gets too close, hit them in the head.
Lonnie sets the tiny barstool down on the ground. Before he even opens the bottle, a glowing, person-sized portal opens up above the barstool; when it stops shimmering, he can see that the other side is some kind of... bar? Well, at least he'll have some defence against the horde of psychopaths.

Varies briefly panics about not being human before realizing that he is human—or human-shaped, rather. A few glances around confirm that no-one saw his little freakout—not even the scientist, him apparently being busy fighting off some sort of green-skinned humanoid. A fellow nonhuman, apparently, but not exactly a fellow—a bit too violent for that.

He then tries to strike up a conversation with Lonnie, but the barkeep might be too distracted by the portal to respond.

"Oh, I'd love a bit of wine! It lubricates the mind when taken moderately. May I sit, barkeep? A show seems on its way." Sit, drink, and watch these feeble-minded beings shuffle and fight, contemplating the futility of greed and pride.
Unfortunately, there isn't anything for Ted to sit on—the barstool is just a tiny trinket, so it wouldn't make a very good seat even if there wasn't a dimensional portal just above it. Furthermore, the bartender is apparently too distracted by said glowing portal to give him alcohol. In the end, he's forced to philosophize sober and from a standing position.

Ah, greed! That ever-present scourge of man: the devil's right hand, corrupting the corrupt ever further. A blight upon the world, symbolized perfectly by the blood-red ruby at our arena's centre. Perhaps—

—Ted is broken out of his thoughts by the approach of a shady-looking figure. The figure is trying to sneak, it looks like, but failing miserably; stealth is functionally impossible in an open clearing, after all (unless you're a bug or something). [+1 XP]

I Stand around watching for the first person to start a fight and start slowly moving towards the overtly contemplaiting guy.
Yeah... stealth isn't really possible in a wide-open, obstacle-free space, especially if you're obviously shady—which Jack is.

Boring People Doing Boring Things

"New Bahamut Paladin Department representative here. I'd like to remind everyone that this ruby floating over there isn't your property. Also, chances are high it's a trap." Give a little prayer to Bahamut (not the skill, just a general prayer) thanking him for putting me in the middle of what wil certainly be aconflict. Then see if there's a hole in the chain link fence or some other way to get out.
Joseph gives a quick prayer to Bahamut before walking over to the fence. [5] Surprisingly, there's a hole in the fence large enough to accommodate a large, armoured man! At this point, the fence might as well not be there. [-0.5 LCK]

Stats & Stuff

Spoiler: Attribute Regen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tip (click to show/hide)

DolosusDolseus: Is Lonnie male or female? The name leaves it ambiguous, and you haven't used any pronouns.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 02:47:40 pm »

Festi uses Earth Magic to force himself out of the ground and then kinda calmly walks over to the gem.

"Guess nobody else wants it. Well, gems are more of my thing anyways.

Thanks, everyone.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 03:16:04 pm »

Name: Test Subject 024
Class: Mutant
Favourite Colour: Snot green with a sexy glow

Waitlist. Color is a bit weird, since most the others were taken.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 03:18:27 pm »

Name: Test Subject 024
Class: Mutant
Favourite Colour: Snot green with a sexy glow

Waitlist. Color is a bit weird, since most the others were taken.
No glow/colour combos, please. You can be lime green or blue.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2017, 03:23:29 pm »

Name: Scarlet
Class: Inventor
Favorite Color: Red or Maroon ((Is that okay if one of the characters with those colors is killed by then?))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 03:24:48 pm »

Name: Scarlet
Class: Inventor
Favorite Color: Red or Maroon ((Is that okay if one of the characters with those colors is killed by then?))
Yeah, sure. I'm actually not noting down waitlister colours, since there's no way to predict the selection. I'll mention as much in the OP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7