Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quest log, and how to find vampires?  (Read 1084 times)

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
Quest log, and how to find vampires?
« on: January 07, 2017, 04:07:47 am »

Hey everyone. THe last time I played Adventure mode, It was in the previous version, and there was a functioning quest log that would tell you where to go to complete your quest (As in, where the enemy lair was located), as well as pointing you in the general direction of a vampire - You'd be able to ask the Villagers how you could help them, and they'd say 'Oh the vampire is in a house to the east, please kill him'.

But with the new update, I can't... Find any of that. I'm hoping I'm just missing it somewhere, and Toady didn't remove 1) The Quest Log's ability to point you on your way, and 2) The ability to be pointed in the right direction by the terrified villagers.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest log, and how to find vampires?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 06:18:25 am »

Well, they tell you the name of the lair/town your target's at. Just write it down somewhere. Then open the (Q)uest log, and go to (s)ites. Press (f) to start filtering, and write the name of the place. Then select it on the list, and press (z), to zoom into it, and see where it is.

If it's a town or hamlet and you're looking for a vamp, the people around tell you "in a cottage to the west" and stuff like that, just like when you look for someone that's well traveled.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quest log, and how to find vampires?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 12:56:14 pm »

1) The Quest Log's ability to point you on your way, and 2) The ability to be pointed in the right direction by the terrified villagers.

Yeah, the whole thing's kinda broken right now and people don't hate vampires for some reason. They'll hate you if they find out you're a vampire, but vampires living in villages aren't attacked once they are revealed, and vampires don't attack you, so when you find the vampire using what SebasMarolo said, you might need to kill it secretly, like perhaps at night when others in his house are asleep. It's all really goofy. The ability to be pointed in the right direction by villagers still exists, but they aren't terrified villagers, because for some reason they like vampires nowadays.