Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Adventure mode has broken for 2 years. Here's why.  (Read 6061 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode has broken for 2 years. Here's why.
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 12:18:44 pm »

Actually...I have an idea. Humans, dwarves and such have the [BENIGN] token. What happens if you remove that?

Giving them natural discipline ensures that IF they react to hostility, they're more likely to choose fight than flight, but I don't yet know whether it increases the odds of them actually reacting in the first place.
kinda wonder why you want to make humans and dwarves into mortal Goblins but really their ethics of neutral and enemy are set to yes kill always.

...for the obvious reason of encouraging more humans to grow a pair and flip their shit. Largely because it's more of a challenge that way, but also because having almost everyone in a medieval town, guards included, sitting around ignoring a rampaging maniac seems just as realistic as the whole town swarming it. :V

At least with bandit gangs it makes sense, they just might have enough numbers to do a number on the town if the guards force a conflict, plus they aren't likely to just kill everyone unprovoked. Problem is how to get the reaction to player actions to just the right balance where a town will only flip their shit if it's reasonable to believe the adventurer is going to kill everyone no matter what they do.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 04:20:54 pm »

Something that helps to make the current version more hilariously FUN! is to introduce "speciesism" to the main species in the creature_standard.txt by adding [CRAZED] in the dwarves/elves/humans/goblins/kobolds definitions (and remove the [BENIGN] too for added insanity)

Though if you want to play Fortress mode, avoid to give it to the dwarves (still remove [BENIGN] because visitors from other species will try to kill your dwarves as soon as they see them, so give them a chance to fight back) , as it would make the fortress insta-crumble when you start as apparently crazed species are considered berserk and so lost to your fort, ending the game automatically.

For complete silly , you can even add [CRAZED] to most animals , even harmless ones.
Seeing every single small rabbits thinking themselves to be the Rabbit of Caerbannog is rather funny.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:24:07 pm by Robsoie »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 04:25:46 pm »

How silly. Problem is even in adventure mode, it messes up multi-ethnic civilizations. Would work for kobolds maybe since they have no other choice of civilization to move to, but I'd like to also test combining the [CRAZED] creature token with the [AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIKE] entity token to test whether they'll be hostile to humans (and vice-versa) without going nuts on random animals.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 04:44:48 pm »

It does not mess multi-ethnic civilizations, every kind of humans will still live together fine, every kind of dwarves the same, etc..., [CRAZED] only is about the species.

It will only destroy (not in worldgen as it seems [CRAZED] is ignored) multi-species civilization , last time i played this way i was a dwarf starting in an elven retreat, let's say it was a good thing i had started as a demigod and setup good enough combat skills on my adventurer, as i had to run away for a while behind the trees while distributing wooden sword slashes to keep the elven angry hordes behind :D

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 04:52:25 pm »

I meant multi-species when I said that, yeah. Since a character's actual race doesn't have any effect on gameplay. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 2 [3]