Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Be able to craft foreign clothes and armor  (Read 1111 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Be able to craft foreign clothes and armor
« on: January 08, 2017, 11:59:14 am »

I have about 20% humans in my current fortress (bards and mercenaries). I cannot equip my humans with proper clothes and armor, they require large clothes which my dwarves cannot craft. Will it be possible, when one of my humans becomes a clothier or an armorsmith, to craft these foreign clothes and armor? I can understand why dwarves wouldn't be able to craft these, but if a human fortress member does the job, he should be able to do it.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: Be able to craft foreign clothes and armor
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:07:52 pm »

You can change the size of armor using |d|etails.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 01:34:23 pm »

As LMeire explained, the functionally was introduced as detailing, which I missed originally. It can also be noted that for orders not specifying size the clothier/armor smith will produce items of its own size, not dwarven size. Thus, you may want to either specify all sizes to be produced or assign separate workshops for different sized artisans.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 11:22:00 am »

The knowledge to also make certain pieces of armor is also by default attached to the civ, and when you switch over to play another civ with a different race (AKA playing a human civ) the armor will automatically scale to be appropriate.

There are plenty of mods including "Tinkerers workshop" (A mod for the raw folder) which has custom reactions in a building to make copies of objects as long as you posses 1 example of said item to copy from for exotic weapons & armor which should also theoretically also be adjustable via the details system.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 07:50:31 am »

Thank you very much for your replies. I'm happy that this is already implemented.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)