Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to become an enemy of your own civ.  (Read 948 times)

dillonsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is it possible to become an enemy of your own civ.
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:32:12 pm »

Back in 0.34.11 days all you had to do to become an enemy was attack someone from you civ. You would be kicked out of any group you were in (listed as former members in legends) you would instantly become an enemy.

Now in 0.43.05, I kill like 50 peoples from a civ and all they do is spit it me, I'm still labeled as part of that civ,

Is it possible to become an enemy of your own civ?
can you leave your own civ, if yes, How?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to become an enemy of your own civ.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 08:20:32 pm »

Double post. Not sure what happened there!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:24:03 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:22:43 pm »

Not yet. As pointed out in the last thread you started on the exact same topic, law hasn't been implemented yet. The world is vastly more complicated than it was several years ago. So much so that it's not finished yet and won't be for several years yet.

Old versions with their simplistic rogue-like kill everything joyfest and dead world are available to download for free. Try playing them until DF is in a state that you deem acceptable.

Personally I think the 'get into a bar fight=banished for life' seems like an awful system. Glad we've moved on from that.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:16:59 am »

It'd be pretty hilarious though for your adventurer's career to begin because they were banished for life over a barfight. Not so hilarious after the first thousand times, but as an occasional occurrence, plentiful fun

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 04:18:12 pm »

Hopefully we'll see a procedural law generator that can get at crazy as mythgen! Banished for bar fights, executed for fraternizing with animal-men...

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 09:32:55 pm »

I don't know if you can become an enemy of your civ, but someone mentioned that starting a performance troupe removes you from the civ.  I haven't tried, it, but I think that's the only straight forward way I know of to change civs as an adventurer.  The other thing that *should* work would be to start a fortress in a dwarven civ, join that fortress, retire your adventurer, unretire the fortress, verify that the adventurer has changed civs and then retire the fortress and unretire the adventurer.  Quite a lot of work and it doesn't really get you what you want (making everyone hostile to you).

If you look at the original thread again, I believe someone suggested modding your save by adding a particular flag to your character that essentially makes you a beast.  This is probably exactly what you want, but I'm afraid that I don't know exactly how to do it.  I have noticed that most of the very experienced adventure mode players mod the game in some way.  I think this would be an excellent option for you because it gives you more control over how the game works.  People are super helpful in the modding forum so I bet they will give you a hand.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 02:34:54 am »

Could combine that with vampirism - if people see you feeding they'll automatically go no-quarter. Not sure if this changes your civ reputation, though.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 05:27:26 am »

You could ad the [ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] to the goblin civ entity token, then gen a world and let it run for a while, so you ensure everyone is at war with the goblins.

Not what what you wanted, but close enough. If the goblin civ you play has human, elf or dwarf citizens, you can play as those races from that civ too.

Butchering everyone in a town is really fun.

As a goblin too.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.