Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Items assigned to zones don't show up  (Read 724 times)

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Items assigned to zones don't show up
« on: February 28, 2017, 06:30:19 am »

I've created a meeting zone and designated it as an Inn. I put a stockpile in there that accepts goblets, musical instruments and food. The dwarves then put said objects into the stockpile but whenever i press l and check my tavern, it says there are 0 items in there? What gives? The stockpile is inside the zone.
The same thing happens when i designate a hospital. I put a cloth/thread stockpile inside the hospital, and the dwarves put stuff in there but the hospital status shows that i have 0 thread and cloth even though they are stockpiled there. Also it shows the amount of beds/traction benches in the hospital.
Do i need to have them stored in some sort of containers apart from bins or something?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Items assigned to zones don't show up
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 06:43:20 am »

I've never (successfully!) used stockpiles in a hospital zone. I build a chest (or bag?) and that(/those?) gets filled with hospital-stock stuff.

I don't know if it has changed, or much about taverns at all. Would a built container help in this instance, too?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Items assigned to zones don't show up
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 07:47:51 am »

Both hospitals and the new zone locations require their items to be stored in chests/bags to be considered present. The two exceptions I know of are large instruments that are build in the zone, and books, which are stored in book shelves. Goblets, hand held instruments, and quires all go into containers. As far as I know, alcohol poisonerstavern keepers/performers fetch booze from a nearby stockpile, and having it inside the tavern is sort of convenient, but probably not required. Dorfs grab their food themselves and are as likely as not to fetch it from a different stockpile than the one in the tavern, but if they get hungry while socializing I guess a tavern stockpile is high on the target list.