Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Who was your most badass adventurer ever?  (Read 6795 times)

Boyd the Reaver

• Bay Watcher
  • AXE TO FACE!
    • View Profile
Who was your most badass adventurer ever?
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:10:32 am »

Just curious, as I want to hear some stories of the players' strongest adventurer. =P
Mah Boyd, this peace is what ALL true Reavers' strive for!
A Fire Emblem fan and newbie

SkeleBret

• Bay Watcher
  • shudders and begins to move!
    • View Profile
    • I make YouTube videos
Re: Who was your most badass adventurer ever?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:18:19 pm »

My current adventurer, the dwarf Oblonk Beetgod, is pretty awesome.

Jako98145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 05:09:46 pm »

I remember having a human necromancer who, with a horde or 50+ goblin skeletons, crippled an opossum demon, flicked coins at him, which fractured his bones, and smashed his skull in with a warhammer.  Not a particularly great feat compared to what most of the community accomplishes, but he was certainly my best adventurer.  He was a legendary hammerman, dodger, and fighter, with superhuman strength.  And you have to admit, battering a demon with coins is a little badass.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:19:41 pm »

That one night creature adventurer in masterwork who kept getting Choked by a demon, and fought on with tooth, claw and the occasional stab. And He didn't die. He was just there, being choked, stabbing the shit out of the demon.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 05:20:56 pm »

Strongest like, ever? That would probably be my brief stint playing around with tricks from Sparking! before I set  them aside and accepted the hardcap on strength before your speed drops to 0.099 from 10.0 capped.

Capped strength is still enough to punch someone completely across the screen, but it's more fun when you're also fast enough that you can cave their skull in after sending them flying so they bounce off the edge of the viewbox dead.

icer667

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:12:16 pm »

Ibon Feralrite, probably. Human adventurer who I played as a year or two ago.

I started off by just sneaking into bandit camps and slitting the throats of the sleeping ones, then fighting the ones that saw me. All pretty normal, then I became a vampire and decided to go full evil.

Went straight to a necromancer tower and learned how to raise the dead. Then I went to a bandit camp to get my first few zombies. After that I went to about 2 villages, killed everyone with the bandit zombies and raised as many as I could see. Then I made my way to a city, killed everyone in the keep and took the town over.

I got pretty bored after a couple days so I went into the dungeon of the city I'd taken. Unfortunately, one of the bandits in there got a lucky shot on me and smashed my leg apart.

So now I had a slow adventurer with a zombie army, and the zombies were getting all the kills so I was even more bored. I attacked my zombie companions so they would abandon me and set off into the wilderness.

I was just about to stop resting so I could retire him, then I was attacked by a small group of about 2 people I saw coming on the travel screen. I had no idea why they were going through there, because it was pretty out of the way of any roads and towns, but I killed them. I waited for a couple hours again, and then I saw another * on the travel screen coming right towards me. This guy put up much more of a fight, he was able to parry and deflect a lot of my strikes and managed to mangle my ears and knock out a couple teeth, but I killed him too.

These small groups came and attacked me about 10 more times and by then I thought the game must be fucking with me. So I thought that maybe it was on purpose, and the civilization I took the city from was really mad at me and were just sending their soldiers into the wild to find me.

I went to a village, killed and raised the populace, and went to the capital of the civ.

I go to the most populated part of the city, the market, and let my zombies loose. Only a couple follow me away from the market as the rest are preoccupied with the merchants, and I made my way to the keep. There were a lot of guards in this city, more than I usually see, and they held us back at the gates of the keep for a bit. I slipped through and ran into the main hall covered in blood. I charged at the law giver and expected to kill her quickly, but she managed to fight back for a minute or two.

After a while I cut off her head and threw it outside of the keep. I killed the rest of the people in the hall, taking a few scratches but nothing that would stop me from fighting.

That night I walked around the streets, going door to door and killing the odd citizen when I found the War Leader deep in a cluster of homes. Pretty satisfying to kill him, because I thought the zombies had killed him when they entered the hall, and I got to have a one on one sword fight with someone who would take more than a few minutes for me to kill.

After that I went to the keep and retired Ibon for good. There weren't any beasts around and bandits weren't much of a challenge so it was best to end it there.

I probably have a couple more adventurers who are much more badass, but this is the one I remember off the top of my head. Have a folder full of notepad files from adventurers so I'll have to look through them

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 08:32:58 pm »

Glad I'm not the only one who writes out files for their characters.

So far my current one, Thaguk Notchhopped the Gloves of Balance is shaping up to be a badass. He's a tiger man leading a pack of human warriors. He doesn't very much, really, but he's hailed as a hero for killing bandits and night creatures, and our group of warriors erected a walled keep near our hamlet of Bandchanced to store stuff while we fight for the local lady.

It helps that this is in Adventurecraft and I'm able to forge proper armor for him.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 10:07:31 pm »

Bora Ragedance the Allied Flesh of Nourishment

It was loads of fun while it lasted. If only kesperan hadnt tried to rip his ear off. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 05:04:30 am »

Amerika Windgrip is a cockatiel woman from Sulusinod who stabbed a dragon several times and then flew away with a chopped-off leg... They say she is still plotting her vengeance, eagerly awaiting the day when adventurers band together to retake Coppercourage! She tells elves and men alike that the dragon sleeps upon a pile of dwarven corpses; that there is a bare patch on the left side of his chest, where her spear pierced his impregnable scales... I think she may be telling the truth.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:07:43 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 09:17:14 am »

It's hard to tell here, but that attack is being aimed at the gob dude south of me.
@
g<U

Sure, it was totally a guess at which attack they were using, but it's hard to argue the badassery of sticking your hand in between two dudes that are fighting and catching a punch for your buddy.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 05:22:18 pm »

Back in 40d, I had an adventurer who managed to kill nearly ten thousand civilized beings, several hundred animals and some tens of megabeasts. I just about wiped out the elves and goblins with him, If I remember right.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

jumboji

• Escaped Lunatic
  • i love dwarf fortress!
    • View Profile
    • wanna see my art?
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 06:19:10 pm »

I still have a human outsider hero , and im not sure if its dumb luck but shes managed to survive and kill an abundance of goblins , and mega-beasts despite not being a demi god , easily one of the least scum-saved character i've created.  http://68.media.tumblr.com/76975b09f169940dd39bb8cc5a57831d/tumblr_ogrl3cAobL1reiuroo1_1280.png i drew this a while back ! , but for most of the adventure she was naked having spawned in elf territory ,she couldn't find clothes.

edit: i feel like Guts from berserk playing as her , its so fun
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:44:11 pm by jumboji »

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 08:24:56 pm »

mine was basically a legendary jack of all trades human outsider vampire with around 200+ notable kills and 3 thousand other kills from dark fortresses, the clown circus itself just downstairs and a couple vaults, I retired him in a necromancer tower so it wouldn't mess up his citizenship value I wanted him to be an outsider still. I assigned a dwarf the position of militia commander after I made a fortress in the same world to later retire it and come back in adventure mode to ask the militia commander to have me as a "militia-dwarf" after a few rumor spreads I gave him as the adventurer; I essentially made my adventurer a proper citizen of the fortress(after retiring him of course and coming back in fort mode)and I assigned him as expedition leader(later mayor), manager, sheriff(removed it after it became captain of the guard; essentially ruining military positions), hammerer and militia commander. he essentially became so worthy of mention after winning a couple goblin battles and necromancer sieges by himself before the world collapsed into save corruption and ever since I figured out that you could bring any adventurer to your fort(if the adventurer has [CAN_SPEAK], also it must not belonging to a civilization or else something bad will happen like your adventurer suddenly assuming position of lord of some irrelevant civilization then runs off the fort into the active world to attend the meeting in armok knows where) I started playing fortress mode way more. if I could train my adventurer's Military Tactics skill to legendary he could basically take over the world(properly) during world update.

edit: also sorry for my sentence structuring if you even took the time to read my post haha...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:31:52 pm by BadCompany141 »

dillonsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 09:35:13 pm »

back in 0.34.11 i had a guy who went around Commiting mass genocide on entire towns, He traveled alone, Boogeymen feared him, Killing over 100 boogeymen and all.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 05:03:41 pm »

mine was basically a legendary jack of all trades human outsider vampire with around 200+ notable kills and 3 thousand other kills from dark fortresses, the clown circus itself just downstairs and a couple vaults, I retired him in a necromancer tower so it wouldn't mess up his citizenship value I wanted him to be an outsider still. I assigned a dwarf the position of militia commander after I made a fortress in the same world to later retire it and come back in adventure mode to ask the militia commander to have me as a "militia-dwarf" after a few rumor spreads I gave him as the adventurer; I essentially made my adventurer a proper citizen of the fortress(after retiring him of course and coming back in fort mode)and I assigned him as expedition leader(later mayor), manager, sheriff(removed it after it became captain of the guard; essentially ruining military positions), hammerer and militia commander. he essentially became so worthy of mention after winning a couple goblin battles and necromancer sieges by himself before the world collapsed
Whoa... I can only aspire to your badassery.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username
Pages: [1] 2 3