Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Who was your most badass adventurer ever?  (Read 6769 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Who was your most badass adventurer ever?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 12:58:17 am »

Tosid Spearpriests, the Fatal Fist of Spines. Became a vampire at just the right time. Companions killed by goblins, responded by going Hellsing Ultimate on yon asses. Received a spinal injury from a crazy sewer elf and had to retire, since he couldn't suffocate or anything.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 02:38:50 pm »

I once had a vampire adventurer who was a living pincushion. He had like about seven arrows, a pike, a mourningstar, and a spear all in his body. And the trophy - a divine metal short sword through his lung. I love it when my adventurers are little more than piles of scars and murder.

Then there's the guy with Biretha the fire-breathing lizard demon waifu. He was a badass as well.

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 02:57:10 pm »

Nato Spongymetal the Accidental Truth. Killed every threat in the world, apart from most of the FBs of course, then finished after this save by jumping into a bottomless pit. Never became a Necromancer, but that's only because the secret never got out in this world.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:39:01 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 06:13:41 pm »

I remember having a Lykas (imagine a wolf person with tusks and a habit of flipping out at any time) adventurer named Allaela Southborn the Socketed Father of Arenas, who: became a vampire, massacred the populous of a dark fortress, slaughtered a mountain titan,  murdered a dingo man necromancer, destroyed a Night troll, survived fighting an army of goblins with her two friends (one of whom was drained of blood), murdered a dragon, and became the lady of a place. Unfortunately, she was slaughtered by a giant cave spider.

There was also a crystal fairy (I modded fairies to be the size of Kobolds) who murdered a roc without proper armor (aside from crystals covering her body). She also killed a manticore, but that's not important.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 03:46:07 pm »

Thalu Bowelforest the Bane of Trees. An evil elf who started out by slaughtering his whole village, before going on various adventures killing vampires, megabeasts and the like, built a 10 floor tower, raised an army of ~50 peasants and stormed a goblin fortress with it, personally taking care of the demon at the top and then went on to conquer hell (but I was unable to actually build a camp in hell due to a bug (which still hasn't been fixed : :'()). If you like that kind of stories, I made a thread about him a while back : Thalu Bowelforest The Bane of Trees' demon-slaying escapade.

NorkasAradel

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 05:19:51 am »

Its been a while since I had the file, and even longer since I played, but I once used DFHack to switch into a deposed Dwarfen king living in a camp. He was the only member of his civilization and was a competent swordsdwarf. So I took him adventuring north, looking to slay the vicious beasts that preyed upon the world, meeting with success. I eventually retired him in human lands, then reclaimed the civilization's old fortress.

Can't remember why I discarded that game.
Quote from: Announcement Screen
Kasat Osmandonu, Ghostly Human Bard has risen and is haunting the fortress!
At least his moaning and chain rattling will be in key and hopefully entertaining.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 11:02:39 am »

My current one boxed a yeti to death.

That was cool.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Somebodyelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 09:51:54 pm »

I once had an elephant seal man that wielded slade statues. Everything he hit burst into gore on impact.

I remember his greatest feat being an assualt on a goblin dark fort that saw hundreds dead and ended with a fist fight brawl with the demon master of the gob civ. Being a huge animal man allowed me to actually successfully wrestle and throw around the demon until eventually a lucky punch broke their skull. After I won I discovered that I could pick up and use the slade statues placed about in the tower as weapons. I also made a habit of collecting statues made of precious metals like platinum and gold.

I think the next time I try something like this I'm going to find a demon's slab and then beat them to death with it.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 05:12:02 am »

Kothvir Bloodrage the Immortal of Onslaught, my last and favorite adventurer.

He lived in a very goblin infested world - goblins were the most populous civ, had conquered almost an entire dwarven kingdom, were very often at war with my adventurers kingdom and a ton of them lived in human cities. Seeing their evil and disregard for all good things, as well as losing his best companion to them, he started a crusade to rid the world of their evil. He travelled around, killing them wherever he could find them. First it was just bandit camps, but later he fought Dark Pits and liberated Dwarven settlements. He also hunted monsters that threatened his people - tens of Starved Horrors, Bleak Hags, Narrow Freaks and others and even an Ettin and a Giant. For his deeds I awarded him a fortress, where I retired him and prepared for future battles. He trained all his combat skills to Legendary+5 and got a set of adamantine armor and a great axe. Then he went to the goblin lands, slaughtering every settlement one by one and finally, their demon leader.

He also killed a Bronze Colossus, Dragon, Hydra and cleared out a Vault. His other notable achievements are dropping the goblin population by half, passing the world into The Age of Legends and kicking somebody in the chest so hard they exploded.

Before
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After

The kick

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 05:13:40 am by Vorox »
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 05:40:35 am »

Ineth Brushflags the Brass Tempest

A dwarf adventurer that brought the world from the Age of Myth into the Golden Age. Turned several Dark Pits into ghost towns, killed the demon leader of the local goblin civ with a steel spear, every megabeast and titan was slain by him as well. There is just a few night creatures and a couple of Ettins and Giants and the forgotten beasts left.

These days he hangs out in his sweet clubhouse out in the savage forests with his companions saying stuff like 'I slew Snog Meancewhisper the goblin with a steel battle axe. That was not satisfying' and 'I told a story about Ineth Brushflags killing such and such megabeast with a steel battle axe. That was not satisfying'. 'Several days ago I was attacked by a giant crab. I am unperturbed.' He's kinda depressing to be around.

Also he is a fanatic worshipper of the dwarf god of fortresses which was the same god that helped the demon lord he killed come to the mortal realm. 'so that great fortresses may be raised and tested in siege'. Oops, good going Ineth, everybody's just building defenseless cow towns from now on cause you stabbed your god's buddy in the head, the goblin army is down to 3 recruits and a beakdog with a bad limp, and everything else dangerous is dead too for that matter.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 02:11:18 pm »

My most memorable adventurer was from 34.11. He began as a peasant and used exploits to max out his stats. He took some nerve damage, and became a wereape to solve the issue. After killing all the standard megabeasts, he retired, and I began phase II, building a stairway to hell. Problem is, the best place to build, which didn't have an aquifer, was on the other side of the world. So I build my stairway to hell, sacrificed a dozen dwarves, and returned to adventure mode.

I swam across the ocean to get to the hellstairway, but along the way, there was a full moon, and I lost all my gear except for my iron longsword and shield. I picked up some clothes at a local fortress, and waited outside the hell stairway for another full moon, so I could take on an infinite army of demons as a giant ape monster. I went down to hell, and started slaughtering my way through a demonic "citadel" (I don't remember if that's the correct term, but they have the adamantine weapon at the top) In my naivete, I thought I would be able to get the weapon as an adventurer. On the second or third to last floor, I got pounced by a few demons, and they tore apart my legs, causing nerve damage. I decided to fight to the bitter end and after barely surviving a couple more fights... I stood up..... wait.... what???

Turns out the full moon was over, and I was a human, naked, covered in demon ichor, with nothing but a longsword and shield in the middle of hell!!! I fought my way to the top of the tower. I remember one of the demons managed to rip my arm off (humans are much weaker than wereapes), but I pressed on, longsword in hand. Fought my way to the top, realized I couldn't get the adamantine weapon, and fought my way back to the surface.

I love the image of a naked man, missing an arm, covered in demon ichor crawling out of hell. I've never been able to go back.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 02:23:10 pm »

Could you have gotten that sword by (U)sing it like a lever or something?

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 03:02:22 pm »

Could you have gotten that sword by (U)sing it like a lever or something?

The problem is that I didn't build my fortress over the sword. If the sword is draw, the gate to hell will open. But I was already in hell, and the gate was keeping me from getting the sword. :(
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 05:03:00 pm »

My most recent Adventurer (and most badass) is Nguk Smithleaped the Exalted Grip of Spirals, a legendary swordsman and fighter, who's slain over a hundred foes, and razed his home village.

He started as a hearthperson of the Faint Coalition of the Waning Confederation, a kingdom at war against the Circular Hell, a Goblin civ. He's slain dozens of raiding troops by himself, and even a Vampiress. He abstained from her blood, not yet the best swordsman.

Months went by, and after trying to live by himself in a tower once owned by Goblins, Nguk discovered Armok's blessings, and wished for equipment that would make him the greatest warrior. But all wishes to Armok come with a cost. For adamantine armor and an adamantine zweihander, Armok demanded blood of relatives. Nguk, possessed by an unholy rage, slew his former meadhall and the village of Chuckedspoons, once fervently defended by Nguk himself. After coming to, and realizing he had slain his village, wanders north, hoping to find some way to release his rage from within, and absolving his sins by slaying beasts and creatures of the night....
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3