Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Who was your most badass adventurer ever?  (Read 6796 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Who was your most badass adventurer ever?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2017, 07:20:13 am »

Could you have gotten that sword by (U)sing it like a lever or something?
The problem is that I didn't build my fortress over the sword. If the sword is draw, the gate to hell will open. But I was already in hell, and the gate was keeping me from getting the sword. :(
:(
Is there a way to tell where there's an entrance to hell?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:23:30 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 09:14:02 am »

Could you have gotten that sword by (U)sing it like a lever or something?
The problem is that I didn't build my fortress over the sword. If the sword is draw, the gate to hell will open. But I was already in hell, and the gate was keeping me from getting the sword. :(
:(
Is there a way to tell where there's an entrance to hell?

I think it may have been fixed in more recent versions. But in older versions, you would be able to pull up a list of every item on the map with your bookeeper. It would list the adamantine weapons, even if you hadn't dug that deep yet. They are relatively common, and you should have one in most of your fortresses. Here's the wiki link if you're interested.

Edit: Looks like they have been removed since version 40.01
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2017, 08:58:50 pm »

I was tried to claim back the taken hillocks of my civilization from invading goblins, with the help of my one trust worthy companion, a swordsman from the same bandit camp as myself. He died early on in my conquest because I underestimated the strength of a goblin gang of thugs. With the last of my adventurer's strength, I picked up the sword of my fallen comrade and slayed the whole gang single-handedly, then proceeded to kill every last goblin in the fallen fortress capital. With the last goblin's head sent rolling on the ground, the iron sword finally broke. I took it as a sign that my fallen comrade's spirit had finally passed on.

AltairSonOfDarkness

• Bay Watcher
  • Fertilizer.
    • View Profile
    • My Devblog and other stuff
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 05:34:25 am »

I think my badassest character to date must have been the Undertaker. A rhino man which killed people with a coffin and by throwing coins. He collected the bodies of his victims in the coffin, making it heavier and even more lethal.
A game of despair, violence and gore.
That's what you seek? Say no more...

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 03:29:20 pm »

Not mine, but Almef Abliemtha Rohirrongquan from "Vaults?" was pretty badass. She conquered a vault, which isn't too much of an amazing achievement... until you realize she was wearing goose leather armor and using a silver great axe to slaughter non-elemental angels (I.E flesh and blood), including giant gopher men.

It had a hilarious twist, too; the demon the slab belonged to was killed by a megabeast that had killed that player's previous adventurer, and the journey into the vault left Almef paralyzed, meaning the whole adventure was meaningless and the now-legendary skills they had acquired were practically useless as crutches don't work if the entity has a damaged spine.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:34:05 pm by thatroleplayerGal »
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 11:24:46 pm »

A human Emeg Orglbeamed in the service of a dwarf civ, whose goal was to master a skill, which he sought by embarking on a quest to claim the head of every filthy necromancer in the Radiant Universe. Notable achievements include slaying a steam titan using a bronze sword, and getting severely burned by its molten metal in the aftermath, painting a pentagram in a snowy shrine with his own blood. He raided a vault (though never reached its secrets) and dueled a bronze colossus, striking it chip-by-chip using his sparking metal long sword until it crumbled in submission. He built a camp at the site with a wooden bridge over a river and placed the oddly hydra shaped bronze statue over it. He got his hand bitten off by a crocodile, very embarrassing. He became lord of a goblin-infested castle after routing its tyrant and liberated its human population. He slew many night creatures, of course, and became renowned for his compelling stories in taverns. He slew the vampiric tyrant of a remote tundra city, but in the aftermath contracted the disease.

This made his quest much easier however, and countless necromancers were cast headless from their towers. His bloodiest campaign was the purging of the long abandoned hillocks surrounding the tower of nightmarewhisper which were infested with necromancers and zombies like a sea of barrows. Bent on his quest Emeg partook of the hideous secrets of life and death, and converted the hordes of each slain necromancer. An enemy of mankind, Emeg was shunned by his own people. Having butchered the decapitated corpse of every necromancer, so that they could never rise again, and reanimating their heads to serve him, Emeg sought out other evils to conquer. His gaze fell upon world's great dark tower and the seat of a demon master. He cracked open the tombs of his ancestors (and was cursed in the process) and amassed an even greater army.

Passing through the bones of human city ransacked by goblin invaders, he raised its catacombs to seek vengeance (and encountered some very frightened scholars and an orphan lord in the process, and argued the value of warfare with them, angering the king and persuading one of the scholars, but not the other, which set them bickering). Claiming the city's keep as his capital, he ventured forth into the dark fortress. The combination of hundreds of zombies and tens of thousands of goblins made for a horrific lag-fest. EVENTUALLY, after smashing his way through trenches and towers, Emeg came to the gates of the fortress. Here goblins rallied en masse but could not match the tide of zombies, and Emeg strode among his undead legions, his divine blade severing heads right and left. The battle to the throne room was fierce, and Emeg broke through the defenders with two crossbow bolts protruding from his bad arm, fired by a troll. The master, Ngokang, was a fire-breathing lizard brute: it was horrifying, especially without a shield, but Emeg survived the flames and closed in on the master in fierce swordplay. It was at some point during this battle that Emeg finally attained his dream, and mastered not swordsmanship, but tracking...

The demon was eventually defeated, each of its limbs severed, its bones fractured, and its head cast pooling foul ichor on the slade flagstones of the throne room. Emeg was surrounded by the charred remains of the undead, and the remains of his legions poured downward to slaughter the goblin survivors. Not knowing what else to do, Emeg staggered down into the dungeons and began to rescue children and invite them to be his hearthspeople. Probing deeper, he slapped goblins with his sword and followed them as they fled, uncovering stairways that spiralled ever deeper. His mind twisting, he would occasionally spit  the goblins with his blade, and leave them to bleed as the children clobbered them with their fists. Coming across his own zombies, he was horrified as they tore his newfound companions limb-for-limb. Mortified by what he had become, he reanimated the children in vain, but their souls were lost. He vowed to forsake the world above, and pressed deeper into the tower. He passed through dungeons and arms-vaults and eventually came to a vast open tower where a spindly staircase descended into the sickly-glowing depths. As he neared an ever increasing heat, Emeg passed through numerous vaults filled with unnatural spiderwebs and the unrecognizable remains of goblins. Eventually, he came to a glowing purple portal. Intrigued, Emeg passed through and entered another series of labyrinthine hallways and eventually came to what he always knew awaited him: hell.

An iron brute faced him, his legions lay behind him. Its body was that of a gigantic tick made of iron, its head crested by two broad horns. He charged and it lunged at him, he was impaled, but after snipping off each limb chipped its head to ruin and crawled, bleeding, toward an approaching tick. His left arm and leg were missing. He stood no chance, and as the tick leaped above him it deftly batted him in the lower body with a leg, and the part exploded into gore. Yet still Emeg lived, as he was flung backwards toward a pit, until his body swung around and, his head scraped along the ground and he was decapitated. His body's momentum carried it over the lip of a yawning pit glowing with sickly purple light, and all traces of Emeg Orglebeamed were erased from the world. The glacial fortress of Lightingavalanches later erected a temple in his honor, and adventurers of all stripes sought artifacts of his fame to deposit at the shrine

*Edit* I kind of remember his equipment being fairly lackluster. A steel breastplate, tunic, leather boots, a leather right glove for his sword, trousers, a midnight-blue robe, cloak, and hood made of silk, a sparking metal long sword, a silver shortsword, a kind of useless wooden bow from an elf, silver and bronze arrows, a bronze buckler held in his sword hand, and a homemade amulet and crown made from a necromancer's bones. He also carried a book bearing the secrets of life and death in his backpack, some of his own works, and a nickel flute. Oh and several sets of skin, for rapid-deploy distraction zombies.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:37:19 pm by Slozgo Luzma »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 01:53:57 pm »

Jesus Christ dude, put in some line breaks. I can't read that.

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 03:35:05 pm »

I have a pretty stringent training regimen that I put my new adventure mode heroes through, so they usually become extremely powerful. My last adventure mode character was legendary+ at least six weapon classes. I also wanted him to be an adaptive fighter, so I trained him up to Legendary+ in "Misc Object User," which resulted in him have like fifty kills with a single large Cabochon. (It was with this character that I learned how awesome body-blows with shields are against bogeymen.)

Once he'd maxed out his physical attributes, I made him a vampire for more butt-kicking power. Ironically, this meant that he didn't have to kill anything to survive; whenever he got hungry, he'd just find a large animal like a horse or elephant, run it down, then punch it until he knocked it unconscious so he could feed on it. (The animal would usually just get up a few minutes later and wander off, woozy, and with a headache, but very much alive.)

When I eventually got bored with the character, he eventually snapped and became something of an iconoclast. He wandered the land looking for the most powerful kingdoms he could find, march right into the castle, then go right up to the ruler and tell the ruler he was taking over. The ruler would, of course, say that he'd never yield, so my adventurer would then pull out his axe and take the ruler's head off on the first blow. Once my adventurer had gained control of the site, he'd find the nearest lowborn citizen and give him the throne, then go wander to the next kingdom.

(This didn't work well with goblin fortresses, though. They'd either be almost empty or so full of what I presume were trolls that the game ran too slow for me to get near them.)

One thing I've learned playing overpowered characters: Once you past a certain strength level, you're not able to sever body parts with swords effectively. They get "mangled" or "pushed into the body" but not severed. This isn't a big deal against mortal opponents, but against undead or bogeymen it's very annoying. For this reason, I usually start out using swords, then use an axe as my main weapon once I become ultra-powerful.

(I don't know if that's still the case in the current version.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]