Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pretas Everywhere  (Read 748 times)

imperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pretas Everywhere
« on: January 09, 2017, 12:30:43 pm »

Playing with hungry ghost on and there are pretas EVERYWHERE.  There is also a large cavern I discovered beneath my fortress.  Are they from the cavern or is the feature broken?  Havent tried a new fort in a different location yet, still trying to keep this one alive.  I ask because this was supposedly fixed in a previous patch, so I'm not sure if my location is just really unlucky or it's still broken.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:46:12 pm by imperator »

imperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pretas Everywhere
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:01:08 pm »

Welp I just retired the fortress, it seemed there was no way to defeat these pretas at such an early stage of the game.  I will let you know if they appear in my new location (which hopefully does not have a large cavern underneath it this time).

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:01:08 am »

Pretas are awfully unbalanced, don't expect to accomplish anything with them existing in your world.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 10:50:37 am »

They are supposed to have FREQUENCY:1 and appear in the caverns only unless you are in an evil region.  Check to see if that is the case.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 03:48:00 pm »

While I don't know too much about biome tags, I'm pretty sure that the CAVREN_LAYER tag overrides the EVIL or GOOD tag.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 03:46:42 pm »

While I don't know too much about biome tags, I'm pretty sure that the CAVREN_LAYER tag overrides the EVIL or GOOD tag.

Underground creatures will appear in any cavern layer regardless of above-ground alignment, but if they have CAVERN_LAYER starting at level 0, they will appear above ground and the above ground ones will respect GOOD and EVIL tags.