Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash when choosing materials for work order, reproducible  (Read 2199 times)

EnnPeeCee

• Bay Watcher
  • Kitten Inspector
    • View Profile
Crash when choosing materials for work order, reproducible
« on: January 09, 2017, 10:48:57 pm »

I am experiencing a crash when setting the materials for a work order in the manager screen.  I think it is related to some type of wood, though I am not 100% sure on that.

- On any work order, I go into (c) Conditions
- (a) Add condition or (r) or (p)
- (m) change materials
- filter type in WOO
- either scroll down to the second page, or finish typing in WOOD, Dwarf Fortress stops responding and crashes to desktop.

It seems that something which appears when filtering for wood causes the crash.

I have tried typing in other filters, like rock, cloth, and have not experienced any other crashes, just when filtering for wood.
I can reproduce this crash on a freshly generated world, on a fresh embark, so it does not seem to be related to a bugged worldgen, unless it gens with the bug every time.

I'll try turning off some of the options in the launcher to see if I can track the crash down to a specific mod.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crash when choosing materials for work order, reproducible
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:56:06 am »

This sounds a lot like a known vanilla issue.

EnnPeeCee

• Bay Watcher
  • Kitten Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 10:06:33 pm »

This sounds a lot like a known vanilla issue.

It might be that, but that issue sounds more like a random occurrence, whereas the crash I am experiencing happens every time I try.  I have personally never experienced a random crash in the materials screen on any version of DF before this, but it may very well be related.
Just to double check, I booted up vanilla DF and tried going into the materials and filtering for wood.  Did not crash on Vanilla DF, I do not get this issue in Vanilla.

After doing a little bit of testing, it seems that I only get the crash when I have the Random Creatures option turned on in the Masterwork launcher.  I tested with every other option in the launcher, and I've only gotten the crash with Random Creatures on, whether or not I have other options turned on or off.  I haven't narrowed it down to which of the Random Creatures option it is yet, but I can try to figure that out.

LordBSD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 11:05:35 pm »

I am experiencing this too on masterwork dwarf fortress. i itried on two different forts in different worlds. I can always reproduce it. It not only does it when you change the material, especially when you search for wood, but it will crash to desktop as well when you are in the ingredients screen and press arrow key UP so it goes to the bottomn of the list. happens every time. I found this thread searching on how to fix it. I will watch this thread closely.

LordBSD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 11:08:46 pm »

Hey OP, it seems we are posting at the same times! Thanks for the fix my dwarven friend, have an ale on me! 

LordBSD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 11:15:06 pm »

Hmm. If i turn off random creatures I get missing raws errors for KRAKEN_FOOT. Ill have to mess around with this.

LordBSD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 11:27:01 pm »

Only leave enabled in random creatures: aquatic, surface, and domestic and you will be fine I can edit order materials now. I havent played with it enough to figure out exactly what one it is I just want to grow my plump helmets. Hope that helps.

LordBSD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 12:27:26 am »

Nevermind that solved nothing. it still crashes now and if i take those things out i get a complaint about a missing reference to KRAKEN_FOOT. I searched all my raws (both sets) and other files in the directories with notepad++ and I cant find wheres its getting pulled in. I think its in the save file itself which I cannot edit. I guess ill have to start a new fortress which really sucks. I thought taking those references out is what the program/launcher was supposed to do when it says editing save files after making changes but i guess i was wrong. I bet its hard coded in world generation but my knowledge on that is limited its just what I suspect. I saved the profile and loaded it too. Any ideas, id hate to start over but I need specific product conditions.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:32:49 am by LordBSD »

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 02:53:08 pm »

Huh. Think I've been having the same issue (didn't make a note of the precise trigger, but from memory it was either the same or very similar), but am playing without random creatures enabled. Will try and trigger a crash this way next time I'm going to quit and check.

EDIT: Just had a very similar crash on typing "RO" for "Rope Reed" into the material properties for thread. Pretty sure I've had it on wood as well.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:09:14 pm by baldamundo »