Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: It's Bigly! It's Yuge! It's Monsters are You(ge)!  (Read 15679 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
It's Bigly! It's Yuge! It's Monsters are You(ge)!
« on: January 10, 2017, 01:53:23 pm »

Ah, the nerds among us we all know how good it feels to imagine yourself as a hero slaying an evil dragon or a vicious troll. But what would it feel like to be that dragon, and roast the hero? You'll find out if you play Monsters are You!

Now, this works just like any other RTD for the most part, besides the fact that I use a random number generator that generates a number between 1 and 100.

Less than 1 = You fail, trip on a rock, and fall flat on your face into a bed of poisonous thorns. The rash caused by the thorns swells up, and your eyes are forced shut.
1 - 5 = You fail, trip on a rock, and fall flat on your face.
6 - 15 = You fail and trip on a rock.
16 - 35 = You miss.
36 - 50 = You hit, but it has little effect.
51 - 60 = You strike a glancing blow, wounding your opponent.
61 - 75 = You hit your opponent squarely.
76 - 85 = You hit your opponent squarely, and follow up with a kick.
86 - 90 = You deliver a serious blow to your opponent, and they stagger back.
91 - 100 = You deliver a serious blow to your opponent, sending them flying. They strike a nearby boulder with a resounding crash, shattering their armor and rendering them stunned, if not unconscious.
More than 100 = You deliver a serious blow to your opponent, sending them flying. They strike a nearby boulder with a resounding crash, shattering their armor and knocking them out, if not outright killing them.

Here's the synopsis.

You're what most people would call a monster, an outcast from civilization. You spend your days in the secluded wilderness, shunned by society for whatever strange feature you may have. This can continue no longer. You're nearing starvation, and the human towns sprawling out everywhere are driving you further into the constantly receding wilds.

Goal and game mechanics: Your main goal is to be happy, healthy, and have enough food to eat. You can do this in any number of ways, ranging from reveling in the destruction of human cities to driving off other monsters and becoming an accepted part of society. A winner is announced when a player's happiness reaches 25/10. Increase your happiness by sleeping, eating tasty food, and sleeping somewhere warm, as well as doing fun stuffs. Your happiness decreases when your hunger falls below 4/10, when you are injured or captured, and when you experience something uncomfortable, such as sleeping exposed to the elements. When your happiness reaches 0/10, you risk going insane each turn. Being happy may give you bonuses to you your rolls, and similarly, being unhappy may penalize you. When your hunger reaches 0/10, you will start starving, and lose lots of happiness. When starving, you have major penalties to your rolls, and you have a chance of dying every turn. When your hunger reaches -5/10, your chance of dying is 100%. When you are overfull, you may receive penalties to some rolls.

If your hunger and happiness exceed 10 at the start of a new turn, they will be reduced back to 10.

Types of playable characters

Dragon

Description: Dragons are ancient and powerful beasts, with knowledge and power greater than that of most humans. They are massive, but still retain the ability of flight via minor magical abilities. Dragons can be quite different, being slender or fat, having differing numbers of legs, or even having none at all. All dragons, however, share a love for one thing - loot. A dragon's happiness is often tied to the size of its hoard. However, when a dragon's greed gets the better of it, it may go on a destructive rampage, razing whole towns simply to have a go at their treasury. Did I mention that most dragons can breathe fire? Yeah. Most dragons can breathe fire.

Dragon character sheet (Fill out the blank areas)
Spoiler: Name (click to show/hide)

Necromancer

Description: Necromancers are powerful wizards that use destructive spells and necromancy to crush their foes. They command huge armies of undead thralls, using them as an expendable, easily replenishable fighting force. Some necromancers lead cults, using their forces to take over cities and turn them into temples for their cult. Necromancers are truly a force to be reckoned with. Necromancers have a "horde size" stat, which determines the size of their undead army.

Necromancer character sheet (Fill out the blank areas)

Giant

Giants and giantesses are some of the less abhorred "monsters", simply being humans of enormous size. They possess great strength, and intelligence on par with that of a human scholar. Giants are a dying race, having been pushed out of their native lands many times by human settlers and armies, and murdered by superstitious and secular humans. Giants are not only physically powerful - they innately possess earth magic, being able to manipulate the ground, and can learn more magic easily. They also gain happiness more easily.

Giant character sheet (Fill out the blank areas)

Vampire

Description: Vampires are extremely dangerous, being faster, stronger, and smarter than the average human. What makes vampires different from most "monsters" is their ability to blend in, as they appear as normal humans for the most part. They feed on the blood of humans, elves, and dwarves, and slip back into the crowd. The most notorious power of vampires, however, is to be able to turn any other human into a vampire with a single non-lethal bite. Beware, however - unwilling victims of conversion may use their newfound vampiric abilities to kill the vampire that turned them. Vampires have a fatal weakness to sunlight and the metal silver, but have a resistance to everything else. Vampires can also turn into a bat, making them hard to see and attack. This transformation takes time, however, and leaves the vampire in a vulnerable state mid-transformation.
Vampire character sheet (Fill out the blank areas)

Map coming soon!

Bestiary coming soon!

Player pool: Mallos
S34N1C
TankKit
killerhellhound
Coolrune206

Waitlist: Dustan Hache
Neoexdeath
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:51:07 am by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Furorem Time!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:55:16 pm »

It's Furorem time! 2! 3! 4! 5! 6! 7! 8! 9! 10!

Name: Furorem
Race: Dragon

Happiness: 5/10
Hunger: 5/10
Health: 56/65

Inventory/Hoard:

Copper drachma x 28

Skills, traits, and abilities:

Flight
Can breathe fire
Has claws and teeth
Scaly

Description: A average sized dragon, he has 2 massive horns on his head, and a big 'loot bowl' on his back, a formation of scales that have rised out of his back to form a giant bowl shape, which Furorem uses to store his loot. He has an explosive temper, and will do anything to get, and keep, loot, even going so far as to shove it in the gaps in his scales.

Background: Furorem is a dragon from the Praedam clan of dragons, an ancient clan that is specialy adapted to store their loot. For a Praedam, loot is everything, it symbolises a dragon's power, a dragon's life, loot is everything.

This good?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:27:03 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Furorem Time!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 04:35:49 pm »

It's Furorem time!

Name: Furorem
Race: Dragon

Health: 65/65

Inventory/Hoard:

Copper drachma x 15

Flight
Can breathe fire
Has claws and teeth
Scaly

Description: A average sized dragon, he has 2 massive horns on his head, and a big 'loot bowl' on his back, a formation of scales that have rised out of his back to form a giant bowl shape, which Furorem uses to store his loot. He has an explosive temper, and will do anything to get, and keep, loot, even going so far as to shove it in the gaps in his scales.

Background: Furorem is a dragon from the Praedam clan of dragons, an ancient clan that is specialy adapted to store their loot. For a Praedam, loot is everything, it symbolises a dragon's power, a dragon's life, loot is everything.

This good?

This is not only good, it's wonderful.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: (OPEN) Monsters are You!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 06:24:01 pm »

Name: Karl
Race: Llama with hat Human
Health: 12/12
Horde size: 5

Inventory/Hoard:

Copper drachma x 15
(equipped) Black robes
(equipped) Walking stick

Raise skeleton/zombie
Summon fire elemental
Summon lightning

Description: A psychotic... Person with a penchant for absentmindedly murdering people, eating faces, and generally being disgusting.

Background: You... You don't really want to know. not after the blood vortex thing..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:28:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:03:46 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:01:56 pm »

Did some minor rebalancing.

• Gave giants two new abilities - Jolly by nature and Earthbending magic

Reduced necromancer health to 12, created a number of new necromancer-unique skills that can be learned in game - Animate golem and Flame strike

Gave vampires two new abilities - Bat form and Resistance

Guys, if you want to rechoose your race due to the changes, that's quite fine. Of course, I already quite like your characters, but it's your choice. If you're sticking with your character, please change their sheets accordingly.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:02:05 am by Rethi-Eli »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 07:14:31 pm »

Spoiler: Damien Vos (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:25:43 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 07:23:32 pm »

Okay. All future applications will now go to the waitlist, since four players is enough for a newbie GM like me. Confirm when you're ready to start. When everyone confirms, the game will commence.

I will update every day or two, allowing people in all time zones to go.

When you're ready, simply reply with this: Ready

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 07:24:36 pm »

Reseved waitlist spot please

Spoiler: Sceledrus Shadowsoul (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:46:56 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 07:25:03 pm »

Ready
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: (WAITLIST OPEN) Monsters are You!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 09:20:25 pm »

Ready
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 01:13:54 am »

IN!

I'll make a character sheet when I actually get into the game proper.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:20:10 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 03:04:07 am »

Ready!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 09:28:31 pm »

Dustan Hache, you've had over 24 hours to confirm. Although I don't want to do this (as a fellow Llamas with Hats Enjoyer), I am forced to give your spot to someone on the waitlist.

Caaaaaaaarl!

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARL!

killerhellhound, you now have a spot and stuffs! Please post "Ready" when you are prepared to join. You have 24 hours to reply before ATHATH takes your spot.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 09:29:27 pm »

READY
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8