Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: It's Bigly! It's Yuge! It's Monsters are You(ge)!  (Read 15433 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: (WAITLIST OPEN) Monsters are You!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 09:41:17 pm »

((Waitlist, please))
Spoiler: Banta the Necrodancer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:51:50 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 09:50:54 pm »

READY

That was rather quick! Very well.

Turn 1 has started! Time: Dusk

Damien Vos

You look around. The sun has just set, and you hunger. You stretch your stiff limbs, and head towards the nearest human vale town, Turholm. You make it to the outskirts of the village and stop, wondering what course of action you should take. It seems like everyone except a smattering of guards is asleep. This will be almost too easy.

Furorem

You roar with fury as you chase the last of the thieves out of your cave. You empty your back-bowl, and let out an angry puff of smoke as only a handful of copper coins tumble out. You need to build a hoard, and fast. Three human towns lay nearby. Turholm is the poorest, so it's not exactly a prime target. It doesn't even have a treasury. Pinefall, the closest, has a huge treasury, but guards are everywhere. You don't know much about Erul, the town farthest away from you cave, but all reconnaissance you have done shows that there are few guards, and an ample market lies within the city. If you feel more like hunting, the nearby wilds are filled with wildlife, and the river behind your cave is a salmon spawning ground. You have free reign over the night.

Sceledrus

You groan. Your last skirmish with the Silverblades; a faction of elite soldiers who fight vampires, lycanthropes, and necromancers, left your horde at a mere six undead thralls. You no longer have a place to live, nor any magical artifacts. One of your skeletons clacks its teeth and collapses into the dirt, scattering into a pile of bones. Well, now you have five thralls. You're quite hungry, and in no way prepared for an attack on a city. A handful of berry bushes lie around the forest where you are, and a constantly traveled road is to the East. Surely, your horde could use a few additions. You have quite a few options right now.

Sasha

You find a cave large enough to house you easily, and crawl in. You're quite hungry, and you have nothing but a handful of human coins (which you can barely even see). Your cave is near Pinefall, a sprawling human city where the "monster hunters" that brutally murdered almost everyone you knew are based. In reality, these monster hunters are nothing more than a mob of scared and toothless peasants who want recognition and fame. You steel your nerves, and think about what to do next. There's a cottage not far from your cave, and the lights are on. A river not far from your cave is full of salmon. The outskirts of Pinefall are full of grain silos, which have enough corn and wheat to last you a long time, but going near such a large city is a risky move. you ponder your options.

((Waitlist, please))
Spoiler: Banta the Necrodancer (click to show/hide)

Waitlisted! Also, add this item to your inventory

Strange shadow coin - this item cannot be sold or discarded. It depicts a strange black monster with red eyes charging a man with a crossbow and a girl with a club. The coin seems to be made out of solid shadow...

It serves no purpose in game, but it's a little souvenir.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 10:08:03 pm »

(I'm assuming that the undead thralls are the usually mindless type)

Order the thralls to gather berries as I find a hill and get the lay of the land
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 10:22:50 pm »

Go to the river and catch some salmon
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 11:08:44 pm »

"Heheh.. so little measures taken against monsters like myself." Damien's leg muscles tighten as he prepares to dash.

Sprint as quietly as possible (hopefully I gain speed for being a vampire) and attempt to scale the wall. Optimally, there won't be many guards near my position.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 03:01:49 am »

"RAAAAAAAAH, STINKING THEIVES! I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU PIECES OF STERCORE, TRYING TO STEAL FROM MY HOARD YOU FOOLS!" Take my rage out on Turholm!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 10:45:23 am »

(I'm assuming that the undead thralls are the usually mindless type)

Order the thralls to gather berries as I find a hill and get the lay of the land

You command your thralls to harvest berries for you as you search for high ground. The place is flat, but you climb a tree to get a good view of the surrounding land. A river lays to your South, flowing Westward, there's a road to the Northeast, a city due North, and a small cottage far to the West, a little dot of light from your perspective. You return from your expedition to find a pile of succulent berries. While not exactly filling, the berries are refreshing, despite smelling faintly of decaying flesh.

+1 hunger!
+1 happiness!

Go to the river and catch some salmon

You head to the river and use your huge hands like a net to catch a handful of the fish. Despite your distaste for doing so, you eat the fish raw, due to not being able to light a fire. It isn't actually entirely unpleasant, and you're pretty sure that the humans sometimes eat raw fish as a delicacy. So there's that at least.

+3 hunger!

"Heheh.. so little measures taken against monsters like myself." Damien's leg muscles tighten as he prepares to dash.

Sprint as quietly as possible (hopefully I gain speed for being a vampire) and attempt to scale the wall. Optimally, there won't be many guards near my position.

You get ready to spring when a huge form blots out the moons above. A dragon, smoke curling from its mouth, soars over Turholm, spewing jets of flame into the night.

I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE, NIGHT-THIEVES!

You realize that this is the perfect opportunity to slip in unnoticed. All the guards are preparing for a dragon attack - the village is practically defenseless! You cackle with evil glee as you slip over the wall and dash into the shadows. You're taken by surprise, however, when a guard comes running at you. You prepare to fight when you hear him shout,

"What are you doing? Evacuations are that way!"

Not wanting to blow your cover just yet, you jog in the direction the guard pointed to. You stop when you see two small children huddled in a dark alleyway. They're both crying, and one lets out a little scream as another burst of flame hurtles through the night sky. Then they see you.

Their screaming amplifies tenfold.

+4 hunger

"RAAAAAAAAH, STINKING THEIVES! I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE, YOU PIECES OF STERCORE, TRYING TO STEAL FROM MY HOARD YOU FOOLS!" Take my rage out on Turholm!

You soar over the human town, spurting fire from your nostrils to illuminate the area below. For good measure, you set a few barns ablaze before searching for the accursed thieves that stole from you. Sure enough, the two rogues who stole your gold are trying to leave the village. With a single downwards swoop, you snatch them both in your talons. You could burn them alive, or perhaps drop them from hundreds of feet in the air, or maybe just crush them with your massive tail. First, however, you need to find out where they put the Eye of the Wolf, the shining emerald that was worth fifty times it's weight in gold. It weighed eight pounds. You return to your cave, toss the thieves inside, and block the only exit with your massive bulk.

You're going to have quite a bit of fun with these two.

+2 happiness!

Turn 2 has started! Time: Dead of night

Sceledrus, Sasha, Furorem, and Damien all lose 1 hunger.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 10:49:01 am »

((should we be keeping track of our sheets?))

Head north to the city and find a graveyard to rise corpses out of. I'm going to need troops.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WHERE IS THE SHINY!?!?!?!??!
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 10:53:49 am »

"WHERE DID YOU PUT MY SHINY, AND WHERE DID YOU PUT MY BRIGHTS?" Do whatever it takes to make them tell me where they hid the shiny and the brights.

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

((Same question as killerhellhound.))
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 10:57:40 am »

That would be highly preferred.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 06:53:21 pm »

"Mm.. The young ones' blood is always so sweet. I'll have a bit more before I call it a night."

Do just that. Prowl for more vulnerable targets to drain in the confusion and turmoil of the dragon attack.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 08:21:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go back to the cave and get some sleep
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 10:24:56 pm »

Head north to the city and find a graveyard to rise corpses out of. I'm going to need troops.

You head due North, ordering your thralls to stay behind. One of them, a skeleton that tends to act strangely, tries to follow you, but you order it again to stay, and it rejoins the rest of the undead. It's almost as if it was upset, you realize.

When you reach the city, the first thing you notice is the high number of refugees. They're everywhere. You ask a city guard why you're seeing so many homeless people huddled in warm corners.

"Ah, well, the world's gone to shit, it has. Kanthaa's full of cave monsters and muggers, goblins are pillaging in the Northern Wilds, and a dragon attacked Turholm, a nearby town, just a few hours ago! Stay safe out there."

You thank the guard and surreptitiously sneak over to a graveyard. You can't make your horde too large, as you don't want to attract unnecessary attention, but at the same time you don't want to come out of this with a whole one or two extra thralls. All the entrances and exits of the city are manned by guards...

You're going to need to make a distraction.

You raise 13 undead before you're drained.

"Think, Sceledrus, think... how do you get out of here?" you mutter to yourself.

"WHERE DID YOU PUT MY SHINY, AND WHERE DID YOU PUT MY BRIGHTS?" Do whatever it takes to make them tell me where they hid the shiny and the brights.

Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)

((Same question as killerhellhound.))

You see that your scare tactics have the intended effect as the two thieves cower in fear.

"Uh... well... Mr. Dragon, sir... are you gonna eat us?"

"THAT ALL DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU TELL ME WHERE MY SHINY IS."

"Well..." mutters the other rogue, eyes wide with fear. "We m-might have sold the b-big gem-"

"YOU HAVE SOLD MY SHINY? I WILL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB! WHO DID YOU SELL IT TO?"

"W-w-we s-sold it t-to... err... a man in a r-red c-c-coat, he was l-like a wizard or s-something... he disappeared!"

You roar with fury. The Eye of the Wolf has magical properties, giving whoever holds it enhanced strength. Many wizards came to your cave, offering countless powerful artifacts far stronger than the Eye in exchange for the Eye itself, and yet you declined. There was something about the Eye, perhaps a hidden magic. For now, however, you have the two thieves to deal with as you please. You're quite hungry, however, and perhaps you should eat instead of exacting revenge. Of course, there's always the option to do both at once...

-1 happiness[/i]

"Mm.. The young ones' blood is always so sweet. I'll have a bit more before I call it a night."

Do just that. Prowl for more vulnerable targets to drain in the confusion and turmoil of the dragon attack.

Although the dragon attack has ended, the panic has just begun. Volunteer fire squads ineffectually hurl buckets of water at burning homes and barns, while the evacuating villagers scramble to get out in case the dragon returns. You stealthily weave in and out of cover, silent as a wolf eyeing a flock of sheep. You finally select your targets - an old man and a young girl. The man is obviously crippled. One of his legs drags through the dirt as the girl supports him and carries him to safety. They're stragglers, and nobody will even see them die. With the speed of lightning, you leap on the old man, and drain him before the girl can even react. Blood... blood everywhere... power.

+2 hunger!

You consider draining the girl, but your thirst is quenched. The girl runs away, but you easily catch up with her. With a hard blow to the head, you knock her out. You exit the burning village, carrying the unconscious form of the girl with you. You're going to have to find shelter before the sun rises...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Go back to the cave and get some sleep

You sleep, wanting to rest so you can work efficiently in the day time. You also want to conserve your energy. You have some nice dreams!

+1 happiness!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 11:53:25 pm »

Spoiler:  Sceledrus Shadowsoul (click to show/hide)

If possible summon a fire elemental and send it to set fire to houses near one of the guard posts. Walk out in the confusion using my hood to avoid being identified. Other wise have the thralls make a parimad to get me onto the outer wall then get as many thralls out before sending the ones left behind back to there graves.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:46:07 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"WHAT DID HE LOOK LIKE?" After they've answered, play with the theives, beating them around, slightly burning them, before eventually burning one of them to death, and slwoly ripping the other to peices. Then eat what remains.

((BTW, I'm updating my original character sheet with stats, instead of brining it over to future posts. Hope that's ok.))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:43:06 am by TankKit »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8