Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 39167 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (TBD NationGen game)
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 05:36:23 pm »

I am more than okay with that. The "sensibly skeptical" part. Not the BSI part. No Bullshit Insane sacreds, please.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 08:19:06 pm »

Brother confirms he's in, still needs to find his bay12 account not used in years later tonight though

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 10:38:48 am »

Okay, so, there's some really annoying bugs fixed by the dev version, but I really don't wanna push out 0.6.21 w/o some more content. And I have a bunch started but not finished, and can't easily settle on which to try to quickly knock out (think "over the weekend", assuming 3D obligations don't interfere, which they might). So, um, are there any strong opinions here on which one thing it would be nice to see chucked in before we start? Started-but-not-finished contenders are:
  • Yaksha
  • Naga (but no fancy-shmancy shapechanging ones, as those need a bit more backend functionality to not be painful to design)
  • "Enlightented" humans (basically shorter, mundane yakshas)
  • "Occidental" humans (basically Mictlan/Nazca mashups)
  • "Tribal" humans
  • Enkidu
  • Merrow
  • Ettinlings (two-headed theme for ogres)
  • Forest giants/hill giants/ettins for ogres
  • Bakemono
  • "Vine themes" for hoburgs
  • Giant hoburgs/Hoburg giants
  • Dantih/"tusked ones" ("enlightened" elephant men and/or mammoth men)
  • "Imperial" humans (technically not started, but I could do this as fast or faster than a lot of the above)
Why yes, I do have a short attention span with this and a problem seeing modules through all at once!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 10:59:36 am »

I think that it would be great if you were to bash out Enkidu over the weekend. Mostly because Ur is one of my favourite nations instead of any good reason.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 12:14:20 pm »

Wait, I though nationGen was random? how are you getting detailed info on that list?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 12:35:14 pm »

Naiton gen isn't quite random. At least so far as I understand. It has some parameters that are weighted to one end or another. It then assigns those to different kinda sprite chassis more or less? That way your mounted hoburgs are mounted and have mounted ish properties while your flying hoburgs are different, and your clockwork hoborgs are sufficiently clockwork. You won't also have lava people in that nation I don't think, or are less likely to. Also if you're wondering what is up with E. Albright's list of features to add one of, that is exactly that, a feature they are sure they can implement sometime before the game kicks off from that list of planned features for the next few versions. Given from what I understand E. Albright is a dev on that mod and all, it's not shocking they would know what the planned features are.

Anyway, no particular feelings on this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 01:46:59 pm »

Pretty much what chaoticag said.

It's not random qua random, it's procedural. Rules and data sets have to be defined for any "type" of nation that is generated, and sprites need to be cobbled together for the engine to assemble into units. E.g., NG currently creates illithid nations, but they're all just hybrids/starchildren and thralls of various species. Because I have no self-discipline, NG will probably be able to create full-sized pureblood illithids by the end of the weekend because I started crafting robes/armor/heads for them and the accompanying data should be easy to knock out.

(Tragically, that's not a list of planned features. It's a list of features I've started working on, but haven't finished. See above comment about lack of self discipline. And yes, I know big mindflayers aren't on the list I gave. Neither were a lamia theme for Amazon nations, but that didn't stop me from adding that Thursday. Again, see comment about lack of self-discipline...)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 01:58:12 pm »

Well, it seems to have turned out well. And at least you get stuff done. I just sit and lay dreaming, keeping my dreams dreams.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 05:51:05 pm »

Btw as a suggestion, you could set the parameters as you desire, then give each player 3 specific seeds and let them pick one of those 3 - as you still got some choice, but only between 3 strange rando nations with the same parameters..

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 12:45:27 pm »

Mild feature creep and waffling have delayed the patch I wanted to push out, but it should be forced out by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2017, 12:53:02 pm »

Hope it all goes well. I mean, I have no idea what to expect, but I am assuming that it is going to end up entertaining.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 02:47:45 pm »

Since you guys still haven't actually started yet, can I join in? Admittedly, there are already a bunch of players, so I'll understand if you don't want it crazy crowded.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 04:58:16 pm »

I'm willing to do eleven. I could probably even tolerate twelve, though that's always been what I take as the "reasonable limit".

I'll dredge up nations new patch or no at the end of the weekend. Hopefully patch, but my motivation to hunker down and finish the two things I've been sorta kinda trying to finish (proper big squiddies for illithid nations, and Nephilim heroes for Avvite nations) has been spotty.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 09:54:52 pm »

Can't wait, Also 'plus one' is confirmed, I'll prod him to come post again

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 12:43:49 am »

https://github.com/elmokki/nationgen/releases/tag/0.6.21

Oof. That shouldn't be oof, but oof. I'll have draft nations posted shortly. Ish. No later than 24h, and possibly significantly sooner.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36